Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

RedorDead21

Along with shaw exactly the type of player who improves squad depth my relegating their level of talent to the bench.

RedorDead21

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11667/11821009/lindelof-unfazed-by-mourinho-criticism

Jose's comments surprised me, especially since he fecking signed him.

Glad he's taking no notice of the comments. I still think he can forge a solid partnership with Maguire.
He didn’t mention Bailly much either his other CB buy? Jose overseen poor recruitment as much as any manager post Fergie. But that’s not on Jose, you can only blame those employed throughout by the club who set strategy.

Based Adnan

His agent on his new contract:

"Victor Nilsson Lindelöf was perhaps Manchester Uniteds best player last season and with that comes interest from clubs who are better on the pitch right now. When Mathijs De Ligt chose Juventus, Victor became Barcelonas first choice. His play style, his DNA is very close to the way Barcelonas plays. He's one of the best center backs on his feet and Barcelona wanted him. That was it. I can talk openly about that now.

They contacted Ed Woodward multiples times with concrete offers. I met with their head of transfers Matt Judge to try and get a deal through. But they said "There is no way. Victor is one of our best players". It ended up with a new contract instead even though Victor had three years left on his contract. Normally they don't do extensions with players that have so long left on their contract, but when interest came in from this type of level they had no other alternatives."
https://www.aftonbladet.se/sportbladet/a/rAXQe0/svenska-ledarna-har-varit-totalt-misslyckade

A-man

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
"Victor Nilsson Lindelöf was perhaps Manchester Uniteds best player last season and with that comes interest from clubs who are better on the pitch right now. When Mathijs De Ligt chose Juventus, Victor became Barcelonas first choice. His play style, his DNA is very close to the way Barcelonas plays. He's one of the best center backs on his feet and Barcelona wanted him. That was it. I can talk openly about that now.

They contacted Ed Woodward multiples times with concrete offers. I met with their head of transfers Matt Judge to try and get a deal through. But they said "There is no way. Victor is one of our best players". It ended up with a new contract instead even though Victor had three years left on his contract. Normally they don't do extensions with players that have so long left on their contract, but when interest came in from this type of level they had no other alternatives."
Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.;)
But seriously it could be true. Barca's transfer policy has been conflicting in the past few campaigns. They did buy injury prone Thomas Vermaelen after all.

Anyway,hopefully Axel can dislodge him in the coming weeks from the starting eleven.
Wont be hard,granted.

A-man

Axel has looked capable so far, one more glaring mistake and Lindelöf should be dropped.
When you say capable, which of the two matches are you referring to? Astana or the 1-1 draw against Rochdale? I dont doubt Axel will be a good player, but you can’t compare those two matches with Premier League football. It is too low level to evaluate a defender’s capability. So far the defence have been one of the best in the PL and as long as it continue like that, I dont think Ole will change his plan. There will now come some slightly more difficult cup matches which look like the perfect way to advance Tuanzebes development.

Alabaster Codify7

When you say capable, which of the two matches are you referring to? Astana or the 1-1 draw against Rochdale? I dont doubt Axel will be a good player, but you can’t compare those two matches with Premier League football. It is too low level to evaluate a defender’s capability. So far the defence have been one of the best in the PL and as long as it continue like that, I dont think Ole will change his plan. There will now come some slightly more difficult cup matches which look like the perfect way to advance Tuanzebes development.

Yeah I know, but I dont think he'd do any worse than Lindelöf to be honest.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Good enough for Barcelona, but not good enough for us. Redcafe, ladies and gentlemen.

A-man

Yeah I know, but I dont think he'd do any worse than Lindelöf to be honest.
Could be, but since he has not really showed anything yet, why risk breaking up the CB couple that has after all only conceded 6 goals so far?
And there is a very nice progression for Tuanzebe with the cup matches, why risk his development by accelerating it when today’s defence has worked well?

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
I'm not being funny but Barca have made some dodgy purchases these past few seasons.
They’ve also made some good ones. The cafe is calling for a 21 year old with half a dozen appearances (who I rate very highly by the way) to replace him, but Lindelof is wanted by a team significantly better then our own. Which of the two sounds more mental to you?

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Barca had Matthijs de Ligt as the first choice CB target. And after failing to sign him, they were looking at squad players who would be happy sitting on the bench as a cost cutting measure. Lindelof was a player that they possibly saw as a squad player, eventhough there is no evidence of genuine interest reported by reputable sources in Spain.

Sid Lowe sheds light on the matter below from a video posted in July this year.

Last edited:

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
I didn't think he was ready when Utd hired him, but I could see the logic: if he improved his aggressiveness levels, he could easily become a terrific hiring.

I don't think he's bad on aerial game because one could clearly see his jumping is good: he's just not aggressive enough on the ball and that ultimately will take a toll on his career.

Man Utd 1:1 Arsenal

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I'm sorry, but he is rubbish on the ball. He needs about a million touches to sort himself out, and then when he has he'll make the simplest pass possible.

Anything remotely adventurous has about a 50/50 chance of actually being decent.

Defensively he was fine tonight... But on the ball, bleh, I just don't get it

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
It's ok, he's only learnt to defend 4 years ago. Impressive for someone who has learnt how to play the game so recently. Maybe he'll be up to snuff 10 years from now.

Art

Art the artist
I'd sell him to barca this year. I don't get the ice man comparisons. He never looks like he wants the ball. Always panicked.

acnumber9

Neither Maguire or Lindelof are particularly good on the ball. Taking an age to compose yourself to then play the simplest, safest pass possible isn’t being good on the ball.

A-man

Think he had a good game, shut down Aubameyang several times. As mentioned his passing must be better but him and Maguire were totally calm when Arsenal tried to put them under pressure.

tompo18

He's a very average defender.

He's not quick, he's not good in the air, he's not strong, he's not good on the ball, he's just average.

Most forwards would look forward to playing against him, which is not what you want.

UnitedFan93

He's fecking awful

Jonny Evans is a far better player and we sold him for £6 million.

Horrific!

thepolice123

Neither Maguire or Lindelof are particularly good on the ball. Taking an age to compose yourself to then play the simplest, safest pass possible isn’t being good on the ball.
MAcguire brought the ball up several times but there was no options.

Oldyella

Considering we moved on a solid defender to keep this ball playing cb, he's terrible on the ball. Way too slow and always happy to take the easy way out. Sooner our full backs are fit and Tuanzebe can take his spot the better.

Stadjer

That “pass” he did at the end brought my friend close to seizure, he couldn’t stop laughing how moronic it was.
Yeah.. what even was that. I have no clue what Maguire and mostly Young were doing before they passed the ball to him but still... that "pass". :houllier:

simmee

Good game.
Yeah, had a good game defensively which is why Ekeke isn't spamming the thread with stats and instead is trying to blame the goal on him and is making fun of a misplaced pass.

RussellWilson

2020 NFC Fantasy League winner
I had flashbacks to the Wolves game when he was one v one against Saka. Luckily Saka didn't smash it in. No idea why he stands off so far so players can get shots in.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Lamping that ball off the pitch late on under no pressure would be hilarious if it wasn't so sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.