Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

krentz

Just what did our scouting department see in this guy ?
I'm pretty sure Jose had never listened to our scouts this is how we got Matic instead of Fabinho. Also in the same summer we signed Lindelof for 35M, Harry Maguire was available for 16M :lol: If Fergie was still managing us you knew which player he'd take.

In case people eager to remind me that Harry Maguire got relegated with Hull City, we signed Roy Keane for british transfer record fee after his club, Nottingham Forrest were relegated.

Reactions: Sultan

A-man

a
Oh yes it does, it shows you why quantitative is important to determine the consistency of what player does in 90 minutes and how it effects the team’s play. If you don’t bring the ball forward enough but only spend most of your time passing the ball like in the video then your quantitative is small means you offer less quality for the team. Thus, why Maguire offers more quality in his ball playing than Lindelof.

For example, what’s the point being the ball forward for 5 mins but playing safe for the rest 85 mins? What’s the point playing directed to forward in the box once but the rest of the passing are safe and coward like in the video?

Another stats prove Maguire offers more than Lindelof for the team in their ability to bring the ball forward.

See no point in discussing this with someone this seriously think this 10 second video clip represent the match.
There were four CBs on the pitch. Who brought the ball forward most, and who was, as you say, the biggest coward? Lindelof, Bailly, Torres, or Albiol?
Who created lost chances or tried to create most chances?

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
a

See no point in discussing this with someone this seriously think this 10 second video clip represent the match.
There were four CBs on the pitch. Who brought the ball forward most, and who was, as you say, the biggest coward? Lindelof, Bailly, Torres, or Albiol?
Who created lost chances or tried to create most chances?
First of all it’s more than 20 seconds which makes it worse spending more than 20 seconds doing zero progression.

Second, the fact you don’t even realise what Lindelof does in 90 minutes sums it up which is why so many people are questioning what have you been watching? I used that clip to show you what he does most of the time in 90 minutes. There is a reason why I re-quote the picture below in the previous page. Do you see the same pattern of the passing map below and the clip? Coincidence? That clip was just one of his habit,

A-man

First of all it’s more than 20 seconds which makes it worse spending more than 20 seconds doing zero progression.

Second, the fact you don’t even realise what Lindelof does in 90 minutes sums it up which is why so many people are questioning what have you been watching? I used that clip to show you what he does most of the time in 90 minutes. There is a reason why I re-quote the picture below in the previous page. Do you see the same pattern of the passing map below and the clip? Coincidence? That clip was just one of his habit,

So now rank the CBs in the final.
who played most progressively, carried the ball forward most, passes the ball forward most, created most chances?
Lindelof, Bailly, Torres, Albiol.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
You're talking as if as a United fan, I actively avoid watching United. No matter what spin you want to put on this, Lindelof is a liability defensively and nowhere near good enough with his progressive distribution to be a starter for a team challenging for the top honours. If you think United should remain a team which should only be also-rans, then Lindelof may be enough.
Should have said to him, why not? We appear to have bought Lindelof on the back of watching YouTube

NK86

Should have said to him, why not? We appear to have bought Lindelof on the back of watching YouTube
I doubt even his YouTube compilations are good enough to be honest, so going off of that seems tough.
In all honesty, he is not made of glass and that in itself is enough for him to be a 3rd choice for us now. However if he is the starter next season as well then the protests should be ramped up since those parasites have no interest in improving the team.

criticalanalysis

It's not disproportionately pro because there's obviously more than one person commenting here and he/she isn't posting in a vacuum. As for the second bolded part you're talking about, that does exist and has done ever since he signed for us - I'm living proof of it and I'm pretty sure I'm not alone.

And no his defenders haven't brainwashed me with an extraordinary number of posts from one member alone, I've gotten my impression of the 'haters' from the 'haters'. When we have people bending over backwards every other game to point out that one of our players really was to blame for that goal we could've conceded because his pass would've been intercepted if player x and y had missed the ball and the oppo attacker had been 25m more to the left, then I'm obviously going to agree with whoever says that's stupid.

I'm not against criticizing players and I don't give a shit that he's Swedish, I want him out of the NT just as much as I want him out of United, but some of the critique he's been getting is absurd and trying to blame him for literally anything and everything washes out the truly deserved criticism more than it strengthens it imo.

It's like Lukaku and his car all over again, I wasn't his biggest fan but when people blame his poor form on his fecking car then I'm going to point out what a load of bullshit that is.
In that case, I think you should point and call out the 'bending of backwards' criticism. There are many one liners 'I think he's poor and shouldn't be at the club', which let's be honest not many people will engage in because there's nothing more to add. However, on the whole I think there are many fair counter points made but it depends on your opinion of what is 'justified'.

A lot of Lindelof's faults are not that he makes obvious mistakes, it's the fact he's doesn't engage enough or actively close down dangers and hides behind doing actual defending. For example, people will praise De Gea's shot stopping ability but criticise than many of his saves in the Roma games were probably preventable in the first place if he wasn't so stuck to his line. There's nothing tangible to 'prove' the later, which is what many of Lindelof's fans and 'neutrals' (with perhaps imo a casual understanding/analyis of the game) will say, 'actually he's done alright because he didn't make a mistake and therefore did his job'.

Whereas the 'haters' will probably try to re-enforce the opposite and that his lack of action/back pedalling is one of the 'errors'. This is where the clips and pointing out of intangible situations is being unfairly treated as 'overanalysing' imo. Of course that clip in the tweet is absurdly one sided and proves nothing in that isolated situation but for many of us, who have seen Lindelof play for years, it's absolutely epitomises his game. He is a defer-first player. These are not singular incident made judgements, which perhaps you are on concentrating on. If I was being harsh, I would say you are not giving enough credit to the people, who are regularly calling this out aka the 'haters'. My own posts in this thread is perfect proof of it. I called him out last year against Sevilla, mentioned it enough times during the season where I saw the exact same things and look what happened on Wednesday night. This is not an agenda.

Look at the conversation @UNITED ACADEMY is having in this very thread, which literally proves with stats and not that we need to see it, how Maguire is a much better at progressing the ball compared to Lindelof. I don't think even Lindelof's more ardent supporters would argue against that. Yet you have the one person, who I truly believe almost posts in a vacuum saying 'no Lindelof and Maguire are of equal quality and effectiveness on the ball'. Perhaps you should call out that bending over backwards fanboyism, which is a far bigger problem than so called haters.

Anyways we're on the same wave length with regards to Lindelof. My beef is this supposedly moral high ground that there are 'haters' (I think the vitriol you seek is far more prevalent regarding someone like Pogba), when it's placed far more in actual analysis and cold hearted facts/observations than just a personal bias.

Last edited:

A-man

In that case, I think you should point and call out the 'bending of backwards' criticism. There are many one liners 'I think he's poor and shouldn't be at the club', which let's be honest not many people will engage in because there's nothing more to add. However, on the whole I think there are many fair counter points made but it depends on your opinion of what is 'justified'.

A lot of Lindelof's faults are not that he makes obvious mistakes, it's the fact he's doesn't engage enough or actively close down dangers and hides behind doing actual defending. For example, people will praise De Gea's shot stopping ability but criticise than many of his saves in the Roma games were probably preventable in the first place if he wasn't so stuck to his line. There's nothing tangible to 'prove' the later, which is what many of Lindelof's fans and 'neutrals' (with perhaps imo a casual understanding/analyis of the game) will say, 'actually he's done alright because he didn't make a mistake and therefore did his job'.

Whereas the 'haters' will probably try to re-enforce the opposite and that his lack of action/back pedalling is one of the 'errors'. This is where the clips and pointing out of intangible situations is being unfairly treated as 'overanalysing' imo. Of course that clip in the tweet is absurdly one sided and proves nothing in that isolated situation but for many of us, who have seen Lindelof play for years, it's absolutely epitomises his game. He is a defer-first player. These are not singular incident made judgements, which perhaps you are on concentrating on. If I was being harsh, I would say you are not giving enough credit to the people, who are regularly calling this out aka the 'haters'. My own posts in this thread is perfect proof of it. I called him out last year against Sevilla, mentioned it enough times during the season where I saw the exact same things and look what happened on Wednesday night. This is not an agenda.

Look at the conversation @UNITED ACADEMY is having in this very thread, which literally proves with stats and not that we need to see it, how Maguire is a much better at progressing the ball compared to Lindelof. I don't think even Lindelof's more ardent supporters would argue against that. Yet you have the one person, who I truly believe almost posts in a vacuum saying 'no Lindelof and Maguire are of equal quality and effectiveness on the ball'. Perhaps you should call out that bending over backwards fanboyism, which is a far bigger problem than so called haters.

Anyways we're on the same wave length with regards to Lindelof. My beef is this supposedly moral high ground that there are 'haters' (I think the vitriol you seek is far more prevalent regarding someone like Pogba), when it's placed far more in actual analysis and cold hearted facts/observations than just a personal bias.
Seriously, this is getting absurd. Every second post from you is either directed to me or you talk about me. Now you even explain that your hate for Lindelof is to balance the forum from all my overly positive posts. How sick is that? I have around 300 posts in this thread where I reply to your or other posters that have addressed me. Now you and some other geniuses use this as some stick to beat me with, as my credibility should be lower just because I politely reply to your posts where I was addressed.

Halftrack

I just get wound up, he’s one of the obvious weak spots in the team. I think what winds me up the most is that some defend him no matter what happens. I will try and take onboard what you say but no guarantees; I’ll be back though when we sign his replacement which we are sure to do this summer!
It's hardly his fault that he's one of the weak spots, is it? Or that some defend him too much? His crime is being available and being selected, and for that he gets way more than just criticism for his performances.
A-Man has 407 posts in this thread. If Lindelof had his work ethic for defending he'd be a good defender. He doesn't.
Tag people when you mention them, it's basic forum's etiquette.

Btw, have you learned what a clearance is yet?

golden_blunder

Staff
It's hardly his fault that he's one of the weak spots, is it? Or that some defend him too much? His crime is being available and being selected, and for that he gets way more than just criticism for his performances.

Tag people when you mention them, it's basic forum's etiquette.

Btw, have you learned what a clearance is yet?
Oh that’s ok, we won’t criticize a player because it’s not their problem that they get picked.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
I wonder what Jose saw in him that made him think,” he’s a Utd player.” Given the defenders that he had at all his clubs, this one was the most baffling

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Is that what I fecking said? Try reading it again, maybe you'll manage to wrap your brain around it second time through.
“ his crime is being available and being selected and for that he gets way more than just criticism.”

Can you clarify that then please? It sounds like he’s absolved of criticism due to the fact that Ole selects him. Him being available is part of his job isn’t it?
If I didn’t do my job, i doubt if any one would say, “ well mate at least you turned up fit.”

Halftrack

“ his crime is being available and being selected and for that he gets way more than just criticism for his performances.

Can you clarify that then please? It sounds like he’s absolved of criticism due to the fact that Ole selects him. Him being available is part of his job isn’t it?
If I didn’t do my job, i doubt if any one would say, “ well mate at least you turned up fit.”
Please include the full quote.

I would think it's fairly self-explanatory. What about it suggests that he shouldn't be criticised?

criticalanalysis

Seriously, this is getting absurd. Every second post from you is either directed to me or you talk about me. Now you even explain that your hate for Lindelof is to balance the forum from all my overly positive posts. How sick is that? I have around 300 posts in this thread where I reply to your or other posters that have addressed me. Now you and some other geniuses use this as some stick to beat me with, as my credibility should be lower just because I politely reply to your posts where I was addressed.
Mine and many posters' criticisms of Lindelof are not based in hate. The 'haters' label is a deflection tactic and immature. It's the same with 'Ole-in' posters claiming criticisms of Ole are just haters. As I said before, if I'm hating, then you're a fanboy.

I was using your post count as an example to @Zlatan 7 that his criticism of 'haters' is flawed. It's a false narrative and perhaps a two way party thing when you look at the actual facts i.e yourself in this case overwhelming defending Lindeof. As a person, who loves stats, me pointing out this is not sick, it's the cold hearted truth and whether you like it or not, it's intrinsically linked to your credibility. I mean even here, you say you are politely replying when addressed but how much of it is unprompted defences and replies to other posters on their criticisms of Lindelof? Why so many?! Whilst a discussion shouldn't get personal, I think it's fair to say your bias to Lindelof massively impairs your ability to critique his performances. Either Lindelof is being unfairly criticised or for some random reason, a wide range and diverse set of posters from various joined dates with no affiliation are deciding to 'gang' up on him. When anybody takes a step back and thinks about this, you'll come to realise where the actual agenda (if there is) comes from.

Anyways you love the guy and you think he's just as good as Maguire on the ball and the goals conceded stat is down to them two as a pair, which therefore justifies he's done above par/deserves more credit. No amount of stats from @UNITED ACADEMY or detailed discussion from others and myself will ever essentially convince you otherwise. There's literally no point when you choose to ignore this but some will continue to call it out.

edit: I have nothing against you personally but I find the incessant defence of Lindelof very troubling (the same way we have people believing Ole is doing a fantastic job, McFred being adequate etc) and if that's the hill you choose, then your posts are always going to be a target unfortunately.

Last edited:

A-man

Mine and many posters' criticisms of Lindelof are not based in hate. The 'haters' label is a deflection tactic and immature. It's the same with 'Ole-in' posters claiming criticisms of Ole are just haters. As I said before, if I'm hating, then you're a fanboy.

I was using your post count as an example to @Zlatan 7 that his criticism of 'haters' is flawed. It's a false narrative and perhaps a two way party thing when you look at the actual facts i.e yourself in this case overwhelming defending Lindeof. As a person, who loves stats, me pointing out this is not sick, it's the cold hearted truth and whether you like it or not, it's intrinsically linked to your credibility. I mean even here, you say you are politely replying when addressed but how much of it is unprompted defences and replies to other posters on their criticisms of Lindelof? Why so many?! Whilst a discussion shouldn't get personal, I think it's fair to say your bias to Lindelof massively impairs your ability to critique his performances. Either Lindelof is being unfairly criticised or for some random reason, a wide range and diverse set of posters from various joined dates with no affiliation are deciding to 'gang' up on him. When anybody takes a step back and thinks about this, you'll come to realise where the actual agenda (if there is) comes from.

Anyways you love the guy and you think he's just as good as Maguire on the ball and the goals conceded stat is down to them two as a pair, which therefore justifies he's done above par/deserves more credit. No amount of stats from @UNITED ACADEMY or detailed discussion from others and myself will ever essentially convince you otherwise. There's literally no point when you choose to ignore this but some will continue to call it out.

edit: I have nothing against you personally but I find the incessant defence of Lindelof very troubling (the same way we have people believing Ole is doing a fantastic job, McFred being adequate etc) and if that's the hill you choose, then your posts are always going to be a target unfortunately.
Yes I’m a fan boy and you’re a hater. However this is a Untied fan forum so it’s not me who is in the wrong place.

It’s not the critique, it’s the extremely overly negative posts about the player plus the strange thing to mention me all the time.

I can summarise Lindelof like this:
He’s had a good season where he lost his form at the end. If it was because a very long time with football beavsie of COVID, or because we secured the top-4 or because he is better together with Maguire, I don’t know. But many players lost form at the same time (even our two best players this season, Bruno and Shaw).

If he’s better or worse than Maguire on the ball?
Maguire advance more with the ball (9% more according to fresh stats from the PL 20/21) but imo he’s a bit slower on the ball and in many occasion he might as well had passed it. I think Maguire is good at carrying the ball forward but should do it more often. I think exactly the same about a Lindelof.
They hit very different types of long balls. Maguires go to the left flank, Shaw or the winger 95% of the time. Lindelof hit them in to the box, aiming for the striker. Probably because it’s hard for right-footed Maguire to hit balls in to the box, and har for right-footed Lindelof to hit balls to the right flank.
Maguire is a little more adventurous on the ball but it is also clear that Lindelof often is the last man defending, plus has the task to cover behind Maguire, and Maguire to attack the ball in front of them both.

golden_blunder

Staff
Quite frankly his passing is irrelevant for me when his basics of defending is so poor. One can make all the excuses but that’s what it boils down to, he is an average-good defender but we need better if we are to win league titles

Caesar2290

This thread is just getting ridiculous. Can the mods lock it or something so it can cool off a bit?

Jesus Christ, the amount of hate for one of our own players is just ridiculous. In before "it's not hate, it's constructive criticism". When the Lindelof thread is out performing the Let's Laugh at City and all the other threads, you know it's more than just criticism. It's personal.

Every darn day I log on here, it's at the very top with the same "he's a coward, he's shite, he can't defend, blah blah blah". Which is baffling to me, considering we have players similar to Victor who get a free pass. I'm talking about your De Gea, McTomminay, Martial, hell even fecking Pogba. All of them are just as inconsistent if not even more. Yet I don't see their threads popping up after the season is over for days on end.

Nobody is arguing that Lindelof is prime Ferdinand. What @A-man and other sensible posters are saying is that he's not perfect, but he gets the job done. And if he was pure shite, don't you think he would've been shown the door ahead of prime defensive Beckenbauer, Chris Smalling?

Can we upgrade on him? Yes
Is he our main priority? No

And while we're at it, why does nobody bring up this super important quality that Victor has, that no CB has had at United since at least 2008. Take a second to think what I'm talking about.

He's not injury prone. He is actually fit for 95% of the season. Take a trip down memory lane and try to remember aside from Lindelof and Maguire, who were the last CB pairing to last 95% of the season together? Trust me, you'd have to go pretty far back.

A-man

This thread is just getting ridiculous. Can the mods lock it or something so it can cool off a bit?

Jesus Christ, the amount of hate for one of our own players is just ridiculous. In before "it's not hate, it's constructive criticism". When the Lindelof thread is out performing the Let's Laugh at City and all the other threads, you know it's more than just criticism. It's personal.

Every darn day I log on here, it's at the very top with the same "he's a coward, he's shite, he can't defend, blah blah blah". Which is baffling to me, considering we have players similar to Victor who get a free pass. I'm talking about your De Gea, McTomminay, Martial, hell even fecking Pogba. All of them are just as inconsistent if not even more. Yet I don't see their threads popping up after the season is over for days on end.

Nobody is arguing that Lindelof is prime Ferdinand. What @A-man and other sensible posters are saying is that he's not perfect, but he gets the job done. And if he was pure shite, don't you think he would've been shown the door ahead of prime defensive Beckenbauer, Chris Smalling?

And while we're at it, why does nobody bring up this super important quality that Victor has, that no CB has had at United since at least 2008. Take a second to think what I'm talking about.

He's not injury prone. He is actually fit for 95% of the season. Take a trip down memory lane and try to remember aside from Lindelof and Maguire, who were the last CB pairing to last 95% of the season together? Trust me, you'd have to go pretty far back.
A balanced post, unusual for this thread.
I really don’t advocate violence, absolutely not. But when I grew up people would get in to trouble if they talked about a player in that disrespectful way in the wrong place at the wrong time. Now fans talk like that about their own players.
And no, I’m not talking about critique. I’m talking about the hate.

SAFMUTD

Quite frankly his passing is irrelevant for me when his basics of defending is so poor. One can make all the excuses but that’s what it boils down to, he is an average-good defender but we need better if we are to win league titles
Exactly, theres no use in a defender which main attributes are in other areas rather than in defending itself.

He may work under a high possession system were defenders are hardly challenged, but under our current system we need a defender than can actually physically challenge any striker.

Halftrack

It’s pretty much what you said
I honestly expect more from site staff.

What I meant is pretty clear from context, no? Your reason given for your disdain and OTT criticism of him is that he's a weak spot and that people defend him too vigorously and that winds you up, and I pointed out that neither of those are his fault. In that context, his crime doing is being available and getting selected, yet you (and others) go way beyond mere criticism of his performances.

He's a player with flaws and limitations (like most players), these will always be there when he plays. Pointing out these flaws and saying we should upgrade? Fair, I agree that he's upgradable. Criticising him for poor performances? Nothing wrong with that. I think despite his limitations, he makes it work and gives a good account of himself most of the time. I have no doubt he gives his all and plays his role to the best of his ability. Criticism will be warranted, but the rest? That which goes beyond mere criticism? I don't think that's ever warranted.

If he was lazy or unprofessional, I could understand the resentment and dislike some seem to have for him, but he's neither of those.

Zlaatan

Parody Account

Your beef is that you are one of the people I'm talking about, let's stop pretending otherwise.

As for his defenders, I guess this is my Top Red moment where I'm more comfortable with United fans defending United players on a United forum than I am with people constantly looking for any opportunity to shit on them. I also don't agree that people defending Lindelöf is a "problem" and in your previous reply you even said that they are supporting Lindelöf more than the club's progress, which I find even more strange than the extreme nitpicking to find faults with his game.

Anyway, it feels really weird being in this position where I agree with the critique up to a certain point but am calling out people who go above that.. Hopefully we'll get a new CB over the summer so neither of us will have to deal with this anymore.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
So now rank the CBs in the final.
who played most progressively, carried the ball forward most, passes the ball forward most, created most chances?
Lindelof, Bailly, Torres, Albiol.
Why do you want to compare stats of players from team who sits back and less on the ball in that night with team who has more on the ball?

Why is it relevant to what we discussed about Lindelof's habit which is the reason why he offers less quality for the team than Maguire?

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

He doesn't get the job done though unless the job is to be an average defender.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I'm not against criticizing players and I don't give a shit that he's Swedish, I want him out of the NT just as much as I want him out of United, but some of the critique he's been getting is absurd and trying to blame him for literally anything and everything washes out the truly deserved criticism more than it strengthens it imo.
Are you telling me critcised him for the goal we conceded vs Villareal was ''absurd''? Are you for real? And it's not the first or second time he done the same of mistake.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Yeah we should be happy because he is always available and doesn't get injured.

A-man

Why do you want to compare stats of players from team who sits back and less on the ball in that night with team who has more on the ball?

Why is it relevant to what we discussed about Lindelof's habit which is the reason why he offers less quality for the team than Maguire?
I never said compare stats. I wanted you rank them how you thought they did in this aspect in the final. Yes different tactics etc but it doesn’t matter.
It would be interesting to understand better what you mean with players who are good at this and who are cowards. So just rank them. You have already said that Lindelof was a coward on the ball. What about the others?

Siezard

Lindelof has the Highest passes made and also with the highest success %.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I never said compare stats. I wanted you rank them how you thought they did in this aspect in the final. Yes different tactics etc but it doesn’t matter.
It would be interesting to understand better what you mean with players who are good at this and who are cowards. So just rank them. You have already said that Lindelof was a coward on the ball. What about the others?
Why do you want to rank them? This is United's standard and the average standard you are looking at minimum should be Maguire, thus why I keep using Maguire in the argument. You are running away from the fact that Lindelof is below United's standard and you are trying to use players like Albiol and Bailly as barometer to suit your narrative. You think you can fool me to suit your narrative?

A-man

Why do you want to rank them? This is United's standard and the average standard you are looking at minimum should be Maguire, thus why I keep using Maguire in the argument. You are running away from the fact that Lindelof is below United's standard and you are trying to use players like Albiol and Bailly as barometer to suit your narrative. You think you can fool me to suit your narrative?
It’s fine with me, rank their performance in relation to the United standard.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
It’s fine with me, rank their performance in relation to the United standard.
You have to explain the relevance why do you want to rank some players who are not United standard? We need to stay in the discussion about Lindelof being not good enough to what he offers, can you prove it wrong?

A-man

You have to explain the relevance why do you want to rank some players who are not United standard? We need to stay in the discussion about Lindelof being not good enough to what he offers, can you prove it wrong?
So you don’t think Bailly, Torres and Albiol are of United standard, therefore they cannot be evaluated? One is playing for United and one is connected to us in the transfer talk.

It sounds like you believe Bailly, Torres and Albiol were even worse, and that they are so bad they can’t even be ranked in the same measurement system as Lindelof, correct?

Looking back at the match, you thought Lindelof was a coward on the ball. Just rank the other CBs, how hard can it be?

Kostov

We need a better CB starting week in week out. If we are serious about wining anything significant, that CB should also be better than Maguire, otherwise we are happy winning feck all while City, Chelsea and Liverpool getting the trophies.

golden_blunder

Staff
I honestly expect more from site staff.

What I meant is pretty clear from context, no? Your reason given for your disdain and OTT criticism of him is that he's a weak spot and that people defend him too vigorously and that winds you up, and I pointed out that neither of those are his fault. In that context, his crime doing is being available and getting selected, yet you (and others) go way beyond mere criticism of his performances.

He's a player with flaws and limitations (like most players), these will always be there when he plays. Pointing out these flaws and saying we should upgrade? Fair, I agree that he's upgradable. Criticising him for poor performances? Nothing wrong with that. I think despite his limitations, he makes it work and gives a good account of himself most of the time. I have no doubt he gives his all and plays his role to the best of his ability. Criticism will be warranted, but the rest? That which goes beyond mere criticism? I don't think that's ever warranted.

If he was lazy or unprofessional, I could understand the resentment and dislike some seem to have for him, but he's neither of those.
In regards to your original post clearly it wasn’t clear since several people said the same thing.
now that I read your longer explanation I understand what you mean.

I would appreciate you not judging what we post to our site roles since we are volunteers and also ordinary posters.

Status
Not open for further replies.