Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
I know that this won’t happen but if we knew that Lindelof is not gonna be a starter and we want to upgrade him, he is good defender having good Euro so there should be a lot of clubs willing to Pay top money if Tomori is going for 30-40 we would easily get around that or more add few € and buy someone for 50-60 mln who would be better partner for Maguire, but to do that we would need some clever guy there but there is non. This is how you make your team better. Right now we would get lot of money but we will buy new defender (i hope) Lindelof will be on the bench out of form, next international matches could also play bad and then maybe we would sell him for half.
I do not why we cannot do that. Just sell good players when they playing well instead of putting them on the bench for few seasons and then get next to nothing.
The same with our youngsters. We could easliy get around 15-20 mln for Williams last year but we will keep him in club for few seasons in case he gets better and only sell if we and everybody else knew he is not gonna make It.
Tomori is younger, English and has more raw ability whilst still having lots of potential to grow. Think Lindelof could fetch between 40 and 50.

Ekeke

Tomori is younger, English and has more raw ability whilst still having lots of potential to grow. Think Lindelof could fetch between 40 and 50.
Who on earth would pay that? :lol: :eek: He's nowhere near as good as the CBs who have been successful with transfers for that kind of money. Obviously you have the likes of Mangala who is lucky to be taken on a free transfer, but you can't make the prices based on complete failures that the buying club would never pay that kind of money for again. Those are mistakes. Thats not value.

Theres also who would actually take him. The top clubs wouldnt, we're talking a Sevilla or Milan taking a chance on him and they arent paying those fees.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Who on earth would pay that? :lol: :eek: He's nowhere near as good as the CBs who have been successful with transfers for that kind of money. Obviously you have the likes of Mangala who is lucky to be taken on a free transfer, but you can't make the prices based on complete failures that the buying club would never pay that kind of money for again. Those are mistakes. Thats not value.

Theres also who would actually take him. The top clubs wouldnt, we're talking a Sevilla or Milan taking a chance on him and they arent paying those fees.
I thought there was interest from Barcelona for him 2 years ago and similar fees were mentioned. I think the likes of Dortmund, Arsenal, Spurs, Barcelona, Juventus, Inter wouldnt mind him for that price if they had the funds. And I'm not a fan of him by any means.

Ekeke

I thought there was interest from Barcelona for him 2 years ago and similar fees were mentioned. I think the likes of Dortmund, Arsenal, Spurs, Barcelona, Juventus, Inter wouldnt mind him for that price if they had the funds. And I'm not a fan of him by any means.
Theres stories about a lot of players. Players like Mings and Mepham look better than him for example and I'd be astounded if anyone paid £50 million for them

If any of those clubs had £50 million spare for a CB I doubt Lindelof would be in their top 10 targets to spend it on

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Theres stories about a lot of players. Players like Mings and Mepham look better than him for example and I'd be astounded if anyone paid £50 million for them

If any of those clubs had £50 million spare for a CB I doubt Lindelof would be in their top 10 targets to spend it on
I dont think Mings does nor do I know who Mepham is. United isnt a selling club, that makes this conversation a bit difficult. A player United wants to keep will rarely be sold, clubs don't really come for our starters.

Ekeke

I dont think Mings does nor do I know who Mepham is. United isnt a selling club, that makes this conversation a bit difficult. A player United wants to keep will rarely be sold, clubs don't really come for our starters.
Mings is playing for England doing better than Lindelof and Mepham is a Wales CB. England have conceded 0 goals from open play, so have Wales. Wales have conceded 2 on set pieces though. Standard CBs which is better than a weak one

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
I hate that stupid thing he does where he deliberately puts both his arms behind his back while defending for fear of the ball hitting it. It's unnatural and doesn't help with your defending you clown!

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Mings is playing for England doing better than Lindelof and Mepham is a Wales CB. England have conceded 0 goals from open play, so have Wales. Wales have conceded 2 on set pieces though. Standard CBs which is better than a weak one
Even accepting the usual banter that goes on here. this is a bit of an odd stick to beat Lindy (and by extension Mepham) with.

Sweden shut out Spain, who are a better team than any England have faced so far (and won their last game 5-0). They've also faced a better striker in Robert Lewangoalski.

It's true that Mings is performing well but England's opponents have been relatively easy so far. Schick (and maybe Perisic?) are the only half decent attackers we've faced.

Last edited:

Ekeke

Even accepting the usual banter that goes on here. this is a bit of an odd stick to beat Lindy with.

Sweden have had a better team than any England have faced in Spain, who won their last game 5-0, and a better striker in Robert Lewangoalski.
Spain werent good and Sweden sat every man behind the ball protecting him. Lewandowski hasnt been good every game either. He missed a header he should have scored before getting his 2 against Sweden. First was a good strike, 2nd was a tap in for him. Skriniar and Slovakia kept him quiet whilst beating Poland

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Spain werent good and Sweden sat every man behind the ball protecting him. Lewandowski hasnt been good every game either. He missed a header he should have scored before getting his 2 against Sweden. First was a good strike, 2nd was a tap in for him. Skriniar and Slovakia kept him quiet whilst beating Poland
I don't disagree but your evaluation of Mings being better despite the fact England haven't faced any good attackers is a bit difficult to accept.

Sure he's helped keep three two clean sheets - and let's give him credit - but I'd say Sweden keeping Spain at bay is still better overall.

However, if England keep a clean sheet against Germany, I'll hold my hands up and say Mings has outperformed him (edit - if he plays, which probably won't).

Last edited:

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
To be fair, you really have to hate Lindelof to think either of those two goals was poor from Lindelof (and really struggle with the concept of zonal marking on that second where Danielson really messed up).

Last edited:

A-man

I don't disagree but your evaluation of Mings being better despite the fact England haven't faced any good attackers is a bit difficult to accept.

Sure he's helped keep three clean sheets - and let's give him credit - but it wasn't exactly that hard. I'd still say Sweden keeping Spain at bay is better.

However, if England keep a clean sheet against Germany, I'll hold my hands up and say Mings has outperformed him.
Mings started Englands two first matches, not the third, and is not likely to start against Germany. I thought he was good defensive wise but offered little going forward.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
To be fair, you really have to hate Lindelof to think either of those two goals was poor from Lindelof (and really struggle with the concept of zonal marking on that second where Danielson really messed up).
The second goal was definitely on Danielson. He for some strange reason vacated his defensive zone and left a huge hole which was exploited by Lewandowki. Very poor goal to give away.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
The second goal was definitely on Danielson. He for some strange reason vacated his defensive zone and left a huge hole which was exploited by Lewandowki. Very poor goal to give away.
He also made it harder for Lindelof to actually try to go for that ball.

Fussmeister

I hate that stupid thing he does where he deliberately puts both his arms behind his back while defending for fear of the ball hitting it. It's unnatural and doesn't help with your defending you clown!
very common this days from defenders to do this.And with VAR its probably the right thing to do

criticalanalysis

Wait what?! You think only 'haters' will say the first goal was poor defending from Lindelof? That's ridiculous. Even his most ardent fans here wouldn't say that.

Look at how he relaxes his shoulders as Lewandoski gets the ball from the edge of the penalty box and then half heartedly sticks out a leg to block the shot. He had zero intention of closing down the angle or the player and he had two Swedish players behind him covering. That's indefensible.

Bizzare take.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Wait what?! You think only 'haters' will say the first goal was poor defending from Lindelof? That's ridiculous. Even his most ardent fans here wouldn't say that.

Look at how he relaxes his shoulders as Lewandoski gets the ball from the edge of the penalty box and then half heartedly sticks out a leg to block the shot. He had zero intention of closing down the angle or the player and he had two Swedish players behind him covering. That's indefensible.

Bizzare take.
Yeah I don't know what he really wanted to do there

Ekeke

Danielson also messes up in the 2nd goal yes. So does Lindelof. He leaves possibly the world's best striker free for a tap in when having been right next to him, he lets Lewandowski's run get away from him and he goes to towards the ball without making sure he gets it.

This is why its so hard to give Lindelof credit like in the first two games where he coped with the ball in the air plenty of times and I'm hoping that hes not going to make as many bad calls in the air anymore. Because so many people here just arent capable of being honest about when he messes up, it makes discussion fruitless. What is even the point of posting in a discussion thread about a player when you've proven complete inability to both give credit and criticism where its warranted at different times? He isnt all bad and he isnt all good, he doesnt never make mistakes and he isnt always the reason his team concedes. It shouldnt be hard to wrestle with that concept. And yet this thread exists where Swedish CBs are a protected species

A-man

Danielson also messes up in the 2nd goal yes. So does Lindelof. He leaves possibly the world's best striker free for a tap in when having been right next to him, he lets Lewandowski's run get away from him and he goes to towards the ball without making sure he gets it.

This is why its so hard to give Lindelof credit like in the first two games where he coped with the ball in the air plenty of times and I'm hoping that hes not going to make as many bad calls in the air anymore. Because so many people here just arent capable of being honest about when he messes up, it makes discussion fruitless. What is even the point of posting in a discussion thread about a player when you've proven complete inability to both give credit and criticism where its warranted at different times? He isnt all bad and he isnt all good, he doesnt never make mistakes and he isnt always the reason his team concedes. It shouldnt be hard to wrestle with that concept. And yet this thread exists where Swedish CBs are a protected species
Is there any United player who gets more undeserved and one-sided criticism?
He played really well for 5 halfs in the Euros, got MOTM against Spain, and in the sixth half he’s a bit passive at one moment and the worlds best striker scored. The same posters as always immediately go to his thread and throw up again. All of them totally quiet when he played well. That’s a toxic “fan”base.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Is there any United player who gets more undeserved and one-sided criticism?
He played really well for 5 halfs in the Euros, got MOTM against Spain, and in the sixth half he’s a bit passive at one moment and the worlds best striker scored. The same posters as always immediately go to his thread and throw up again. All of them totally quiet when he played well. That’s a toxic “fan”base.
And he could shag certain posters wives, run over their cat, score multiple own goals, and certain people would still turn a blind eye to everything. It works both ways fella

A-man

And he could shag certain posters wives, run over their cat, score multiple own goals, and certain people would still turn a blind eye to everything. It works both ways fella
The difference is he didn’t shag wives, score multiple goals or run over cats, but he did play well in the Euros and Sweden won their group ahead of Spain. That is the difference.

golden_blunder

Staff
The difference is he didn’t shag wives, score multiple goals or run over cats, but he did play well in the Euros and Sweden won their group ahead of Spain. That is the difference.
Deflecting from my point again; Lindelof could really do anything and certain posters would support him no matter what

btw it would be nice if he did score multiple goals, then you could argue that he’s got a use

justsomebloke

Surely that's on the optimistic side? Intuitively, I'd say maybe 35m. But there's not much to go on. In any case, you'd think it'd make sense to have him around as third choice.

mu4c_20le

Wasn't he responsible for the goals against Poland? He's lucky Forsberg was brilliant that day

A-man

Deflecting from my point again; Lindelof could really do anything and certain posters would support him no matter what

btw it would be nice if he did score multiple goals, then you could argue that he’s got a use
It’s more normal at a Untied forum to support United players than to mock them and to only comment games when he has a bad moment. At the same time the same posters celebrate rather mediocre performances from potential new signings or competitors players.

golden_blunder

Staff
It’s more normal at a Untied forum to support United players than to mock them and to only comment games when he has a bad moment. At the same time the same posters celebrate rather mediocre performances from potential new signings or competitors players.
Again deflection

Every post you make is deflection during the season

UnitedRepublic

Lindelöf did so well against Spain with all of Sweden behind the ball the whole first half and second half. We also saw what happens when Sweden try to go for it against Poland.

We’re Manchester United we can’t defend with the whole team behind the ball to try to make Lindelöf look good.

Ask your self this question can Lindelöf hold his own against strikers of high quality ?

Lappen

I like Lindelöf but I don't think he has been that good in the euros. The motm was absolutely ridicules with easily 2-3 swedish players better than him. And I hope it was the motm for sweden, spain had at least 10 players better than the hole swedish team. The goalkeeper was there worse player, he didnt touch the ball.
Comparing his performens with Danielsson who play in china is a bit telling in my mind.
And the Levandovski goals, wasn't the only time he lost his man... at least 4 times in the spain- game...
And I think we need "word class" CB in Manchester United who can handla "word class" attackers, just like we scream for "word class" attacker who handles "word class" defenders.
A very good thing about Lindelöf is that I believe he would be ok with playing 15 games a year. Buy a great CB and let him be the importent first choice on the bench.
For me he is quite good att a lott, but not great at anything. (He might be a great team- mate).

Ekeke

What we can also say about the Spain match is that he was playing against the same striker who got away from him in the europa league final for Villarreal's set piece to go ahead of us. At best he's 1-1 with Moreno, alternatively we can say that Sweden had everyone behind the ball and helped him a lot and when he didnt have that from United Gerard Moreno scored.

A-man

What we can also say about the Spain match is that he was playing against the same striker who got away from him in the europa league final for Villarreal's set piece to go ahead of us. At best he's 1-1 with Moreno, alternatively we can say that Sweden had everyone behind the ball and helped him a lot and when he didnt have that from United Gerard Moreno scored.
Moreno scored on a setpiece against United. Would say everybody was behind the ball at that time. The rest of the time, it is true that he didn’t have that kind of help, but on the other hand we didnt concede either. Don’t get why you trying your best to downplay his MOTM performance against Spain?

Status
Not open for further replies.