Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

EdinburghDevil

I think Lindelof is a decent player and he has improved since he 1st joined the club. I don't see him improving much beyond the level he is playing now.

We've looked at our best at the back this season when Bailly has been paired with Maguire and that is the pairing we should play when Bailly is fit, which granted isn't very often. Ideally we'd sign a CB who has similar attributes to Bailly to regularly partner Maguire.

simmee

Did he really say that?
Yes... He also wants us to pay 80m for Declan Rice whose poor touch gave us our winner. I've got nothing against Rice but judging some players by every touch while for some players "it's something that happens" is just pathetic.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
At the same time you're arguing that AWB trying to lob his own goalkeeper with his clearance is just a misskick that sometimes happens. Couldn't be more blinkered if you tried.
A sliced clearance versus a pass straight to the opposition 5 yards away? Gimme a break ain’t the same at all
I don’t get this cult of lindelof

golden_blunder

Staff
Yes... He also wants us to pay 80m for Declan Rice whose poor touch gave us our winner. I've got nothing against Rice but judging some players by every touch while for some players "it's something that happens" is just pathetic.
I don’t know who you’re referring to but pretty sure no one said pay 80m for rice

simplyared

This is a player who I got wrong. Unbelievable development since he joined us. He improves on every game. Although needs to believe in himself a lot more. His passing ability is bang on for a defender. We should be seeing more of it.

Locke

The steady development continue. Not his fault that he’s paired in a partnership that isn’t working. Agree with the confidence thing, not that weird with the start he had and that insecureness in the backline.
I think some posters in here would see him differently if he shaved his head and went a little bit crazy with tackles and on the front foot but that’s not his game.
He need a partner like that that also is quick so Victor can be this calm composed centerback that reads the game so well and make others better.

A-man

Like i said it was lucky that we didn’t concede first.
can’t wait for this lump of averageness to be upgraded
We were unlucky that Lindelof didn’t score first.

@GifLord one that made me laugh was lindelof jumping for a header and missing it because he jumped under it. Can you gif it please?
It was first half I think and happened near the halfway line. I don’t know what minute I’m afraid
Probably the only club in the world who have fans laughing at there own players, and then want to highlight that even after a clean sheet.

Sylar

He had the bad bad pass as the last player. But does he really do that every game like most are suggesting? I thought overall he was fine.

romufc

Probably the only club in the world who have fans laughing at there own players, and then want to highlight that even after a clean sheet.
If you cannot pin a goal on him, you have to find a mistake. A defender that misses a header? its unheard of. Didn't you realise VVD, Dias and the like have 100% heading and accuracy?

Locke

@GifLord one that made me laugh was lindelof jumping for a header and missing it because he jumped under it. Can you gif it please?
It was first half I think and happened near the halfway line. I don’t know what minute I’m afraid
Giving like to a post starting with “I fecking hate this guy” and wanting a gif to this “funny” incident doesn’t bring much to this thread I think.

golden_blunder

Staff
He had the bad bad pass as the last player. But does he really do that every game like most are suggesting? I thought overall he was fine.
Him or maguire do it regularly enough though with the amount of piss poor passing amongst them. Does my head in

tomaldinho1

There's some kind of mistake from him or Maguire almost every game at the moment it seems. Not sure if I just feel that because they seem so shaky and I'm exaggerating without knowing it but it does seem like you can count on one of them to commit a pretty basic error every 90mins. That Lindelof pass was tragic, that said his header where he took the hit from Soucek was great. Consistency is all everyone wants and I'm not sure him and Maguire will provide that.

A-man

Thanks for your contribution, it brought a lot
Its a valid point though.
As described:

“The site Admins, Moderators and Scouts review posts made by Newbies and award 'Likes' for posts that are deemed of high quality and indicate that the Newbie will be a good contributor to the Main Forums.”

It is no surprise to any of us that you considered the post below to be of “high quality”.

i fecking hate this guy. He's just a passenger and on field coach, brings absolutely nothing to the team besides words of encouragement and hand claps.

simmee

There's some kind of mistake from him or Maguire almost every game at the moment it seems. Not sure if I just feel that because they seem so shaky and I'm exaggerating without knowing it but it does seem like you can count on one of them to commit a pretty basic error every 90mins. That Lindelof pass was tragic, that said his header where he took the hit from Soucek was great. Consistency is all everyone wants and I'm not sure him and Maguire will provide that.
He also put Dawson off for his header in the last minute when McT/Maguire (don't remember who) lost him. He made some important contributions yesterday and of course that pass yesterday was shit, no one can say otherwise. This thread is just a train wreck though with, unfortunately, a moderator leading the pack.

A-man

If you cannot pin a goal on him, you have to find a mistake. A defender that misses a header? its unheard of. Didn't you realise VVD, Dias and the like have 100% heading and accuracy?
It’s tragic. Dias even cost a penalty the other day, what a useless player.

golden_blunder

Staff
As described:

“The site Admins, Moderators and Scouts review posts made by Newbies and award 'Likes' for posts that are deemed of high quality and indicate that the Newbie will be a good contributor to the Main Forums.”

It is no surprise to any of us that you considered the post below to be of “high quality”.
I don’t remember repping that, but there you go.

thanks for highlighting that Victor

golden_blunder

Staff
He also put Dawson off for his header in the last minute when McT/Maguire (don't remember who) lost him. He made some important contributions yesterday and of course that pass yesterday was shit, no one can say otherwise. This thread is just a train wreck though with, unfortunately, a moderator leading the pack.
Admin, get it right

Albin Johansson

I’m not even sure what point you’re trying to make. People write things about him in a forum? I showed that more neutral people who have watched the games, have given him high ratings. We can think whatever, but it would be strange if he was a nothing defender, and still get those high ratings. Obviously you should make your own opinion, but when your opinion is so far off his ratings, it should some indication for you that it is just your opinion and doesn’t really reflect the performance.

It would still be interesting what you thought of his recent performances in the clean sheet matches vs Arsenal and Liverpool?
I agree. The fanbase seem to convinced by Maguire although he was the one making mistakes last game and many games before that. VNL rarely makes a mistake
This is a player who I got wrong. Unbelievable development since he joined us. He improves on every game. Although needs to believe in himself a lot more. His passing ability is bang on for a defender. We should be seeing more of it.
Agreed. It's amazing how low fans seem to think of him, of course I might be subjective as a swede but oh my god if people only wants to highlight mistakes then Maguire, a player who I highly rate by the way, is performing worse. Adding to that, Bailly's athletisism is great and all but he if anybody is a loose canon and cannot stay fit.

RedDevil@84

As described:

Absolutely agree. That is such a low quality post that deserved no like. Admins cannot be giving likes, just because they share the same low opinions about a player. If it was a post with lot of analysis and point making, then yes.

simplyared

I agree. The fanbase seem to convinced by Maguire although he was the one making mistakes last game and many games before that. VNL rarely makes a mistake

Agreed. It's amazing how low fans seem to think of him, of course I might be subjective as a swede but oh my god if people only wants to highlight mistakes then Maguire, a player who I highly rate by the way, is performing worse. Adding to that, Bailly's athletisism is great and all but he if anybody is a loose canon and cannot stay fit.
Interesting you being a Swede. I'm a Brit from Manchester and lived over half my life in Stockholm. Could be I've lived in Sweden longer than you haha!

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
@A-man

He gave the ball away twice in dangerous areas under barely any pressure, yet you want us to all clap him and say how great he was? yeah no thanks.

If that was Bailly you'd be in his thread for a week saying how error prone he is :lol: it's things like that people can't take you seriously.

West Ham had literally zero threat all game but he still nearly cost us twice, good job they didn't bother with Antonio that's for sure!

justsomebloke

@A-man

He gave the ball away twice in dangerous areas under barely any pressure, yet you want us to all clap him and say how great he was? yeah no thanks.

If that was Bailly you'd be in his thread for a week saying how error prone he is :lol: it's things like that people can't take you seriously.

West Ham had literally zero threat all game but he still nearly cost us twice, good job they didn't bother with Antonio that's for sure!
I think I'd be careful about not taking posters seriously because they see some issue very differently from you, as well as about speaking on behalf of "people" in that regard. As long as they provide decent arguments, which he does. There's a range of possible reasonable views here, and you're on one far end of it yourself.

romufc

@A-man

I like Bailly but the Lindelof slander is a bit OTT.

At least unlike Bailly he can stay fit for 3 games in a row without breaking.

I would rather have a CB who is fit than one who breaks every other week.

When was the last time we Lindelof made an error that led to a goal?

A-man

@A-man

Never asked you to clap your hands. Just don’t get the hate of him that you and some other have. Even now, after his fourth clean sheet in six games, you complain. If you think I’m too biased and you’re not, read the more neutral ratings in the newspapers. Again he got good ratings. Look at the ratings from Redcafe members, not as high as in the papers but still only Hendo and McT got higher. If your evaluation of the game is so extremely far off the majority of both fans and football journalists, maybe you should do some thinking about your own bias.

tomaldinho1

Just had a skim read and it's a real sad state of affairs this thread. People getting way too emotionally invested in fighting their corner.

Best way to sum up Lindelof for me is he's basically 'ok', he'll range from a 6 to a 7 out of 10 most weeks and rarely be amazing or terrible. Same for Maguire. I believe Lindelof is also injured and needs surgery so you have to factor that in - it does bring our sports science, coaching staff and medical team into question though because we can't seem to keep any defenders fit, what are they doing in training? Bar Maguire who is a tank (and pays for that with his lack of acceleration and mobility), Jones' body is a husk, Bailly and Axel are following in his footsteps, Rojo (before he left) was constantly fecked, Lindelof is now permanently semi injured...this can't just be the cold weather and bad luck.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Never asked you to clap your hands. Just don’t get the hate of him that you and some other have. Even now, after his fourth clean sheet in six games, you complain. If you think I’m too biased and you’re not, read the more neutral ratings in the newspapers. Again he got good ratings. Look at the ratings from Redcafe members, not as high as in the papers but still only Hendo and McT got higher. If your evaluation of the game is so extremely far off the majority of both fans and football journalists, maybe you should do some thinking about your own bias.
My dislike for him is his constant mistakes and poor positional play that often causes problems. In that match alone last night he went wondering off into the right back position and left a gaping hole in the defence, I just really dislike the way he plays.

Perhaps it stems from when he cost us the game at Huddersfield and looked like a boy amongst men, but he's never done enough to convince me he's good enough.

Don't get me wrong he's capable of having good matches and I can admit that when he plays well - but it just makes me laugh that people can praise him for last nights match when he pretty much created the most dangerous chances for West Ham by himself.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Nah, I'll try to find the correct time and quote you.

Stom embarassing yourself.
Don't call me Stom.

Asking someone to clip instances of a minor error in a player performance thread is so incredibly pathetic. And you have the audacity to say I'm embarrassing myself? :lol:

Foxbatt

If we you ever needed an example of the sure ridiculousness of the criticism this lad gets, then this is it. It truly is incredible that someone is complaining how he defended here. :lol:
What else is he supposed to do? Go and upend the West Ham player? He did the right thing. It's wasn't a pass. He blocked the ball and it went to open space where a WestHam player picked up the ball on our right side.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Don't call me Stom.

Asking someone to clip instances of a minor error in a player performance thread is so incredibly pathetic. And you have the audacity to say I'm embarrassing myself? :lol:
Why don't you have TOP RED tagline?

@Damien

Curious to see how he plays once he finally gets that back injury operated on
perhaps they can insert a backbone at the same time :D

we need him to stay fit. He and Maguire are by far our best pairing - and really our only pairing.

I’ve said for a long time Bailly needs to be out the door, thankfully Rojo has gone, and Jones also needs to be moved on this summer (I’d at all possible).

really disappointed in Tuanzebe over the past month - and he’s really our only other centre back.

it’s going to be difficult to keep these two going until the end of the season. This summer we need a top quality CB, and if Tuanzebe can’t get himself together, then a younger CB as well.

GueRed

After watching his performances over his last 4 years at the club i've come to the conclusion that he's just an average premier league centre back.

He's just too soft and passive as well.

We could do alot better than him to partner Maguire at the back.

Hopefully the club will fork out for a top centre back this summer.

In the meantime we'll just have to make do.

Status
Not open for further replies.