Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Caesar2290

It's like he's a different man when Henderson is playing behind him, isn't he?

Every time De Gea is in goal he looks meek and uncertain.

Every time Dean plays he looks like a lion fighting for his steak.

If you ask me, it's no coincidence.

lex talionis

Victor stood tall tonight. Haters and moaners will have to look elsewhere to find someone to piss on.

MetoTTT

So that's 1 goal we've conceded (Hendersons blunder) in around 700 minutes. Maguire and Lindelof don't get enough respect for that.
Really happy, both were very good today. But can you explain why Ole still playing McFred constantly to protect them?

rakesh289

Best player on the pitch today. Carried the ball forward so well, if only there was someone with an ounce of creativity on our right to use that.

kundalini

Superb defending tonight. Cut out one dangerous cross and got an important touch to a free-kick in the 2nd half. Passed the ball safely and carried it forwards a couple of times. Encouraging performance.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
As an aside note, does anyone else think he, Maguire and Henderson, barring the first leg against Milan, have been great over the last month or so? Our defence looks rock solid again.

As an aside note, does anyone else think he, Maguire and Henderson, barring the first leg against Milan, have been great over the last month or so? Our defence looks rock solid again.
they have done well. Still feel a little nervous with them, but much improved.

Where does that come from though? I'm genuinely curious because for some time now our defense has been rock solid.
im certainty not convinced by Henderson’s handling.

as I’ve said, they’ve done well. But it’s going to take more than 7-8 matches for me to believe it’s a permanent improvement.

I hope it is, and pleased to see where it’s going.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Outstanding again. Him and Maguire seem to look like a defensive pair all of a sudden

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
I'm a big critic of him but they have been very good. Consistency of selection, including full backs is a big plus.

SwedishFish

Eric Bailly played in the first leg. Lindelöf was on the bench.

smaunj

Outstanding again. Him and Maguire seem to look like a defensive pair all of a sudden
There were periods last season when this was the case - we finished last season quite well, although the Sevilla game was terrible.

We were absolutely spoilt with Rio and Vidic, and I don't think our current defenders are at that level.

I just can't remember Rio or Vidic being criticised in their pomp but Maguire and Lindelof get battered almost every week

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
There were periods last season when this was the case - we finished last season quite well, although the Sevilla game was terrible.

We were absolutely spoilt with Rio and Vidic, and I don't think our current defenders are at that level.

I just can't remember Rio or Vidic being criticised in their pomp but Maguire and Lindelof get battered almost every week
I think it’s in part down to how successful we were. Vidic And Rio were unreal; but they were involved in some howlers too

Devil may care

He was class tonight both defensively and on the ball, one of his best games in a United shirt, some really good interceptions and blocks.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Did well tonight and his forward runs deserved more from his teammates.

GioF

Thought he was excellent tonight. I’m not a huge fan il be honest but he was very good in all aspects tonight. Good defending, moved the ball quicker (hate when he takes ten touches just to pass 5 yards) marshalled the back line well with Maguire. Solid performance. He does struggle against bigger stronger attackers but games like tonight against a false 9 he’s very clever and done very well.

A-man

Good game from him and the rest of the defence. He has a good eye for the game, that’s for sure. Important to keep clean sheets now when the forwards struggle a little to score goals. I like his runs forward, hope he continues with that.

Foxbatt

Very good game. Very two important interceptions too. I think he got beaten by Zlatan once in the middle of the pitch but Zlatan would beat most defenders in the air 9 times out of 10.
This is why I feel if we replace Fred or McTominay and get a CF we can be in business and compete with city.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Excellent performance. Aggressive, good heading and anticipation, good passing.

SwedishFish

Very good game. Very two important interceptions too. I think he got beaten by Zlatan once in the middle of the pitch but Zlatan would beat most defenders in the air 9 times out of 10.
This is why I feel if we replace Fred or McTominay and get a CF we can be in business and compete with city.
Think that was Maguire actually. If we are thinking about the same incident.

Kag

He’s been much better recently. I find he’s much more suited to the bigger games, especially in Europe.

Foxbatt

Think that was Maguire actually. If we are thinking about the same incident.
yes you are right. I had a look at it again. It was Maguire and not Lindelof. Victor was immense tonight and my worries about Ibra and him came to nothing. It must be good news for Sweden too. I am sure that if we had better DMs the back 4 will play better. Having Hendo behind him must be also comforting.

Ekeke

Off the top of my head I think this may be Lindelof's highest ever rating after a match on whoscored. It certainly is this season. He's usually about a 6.6 or 6.7 - against Milan he got a 7.6

0 tackles, 5 interceptions, 5 clearances, 1 aerial won

This is the stuff I wanted to see him doing more often so I'm happy about that

That said he can still improve in the air as there were a few headers where he was uncomfortable or didnt find a healthy place to put the ball. And he did allow the ball to come in easily from the side for the chance that Krunic put wide on 44 minutes where he got a shot away before AWB closed him down.

Other than that I don't remember any other problems from the match and Shaw had the most moments playing people onside, allowing Ibra to get his header in and a foul 2 mins into injury time.

slored1

He's been great since West Brom. Yesterday was the best I've seen him play this season.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He had very good game, in last few weeks he did really well. I think even against West Ham he was very good.

Status
Not open for further replies.