Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Raven

How? Every game he will make atleast one mistake that let's the opponent in. I know he has a little defence club on here but he just hanging on to the fact he is playing with maguire.
Care to list say 5vof these mistakes this season?

A-man

How? Every game he will make atleast one mistake that let's the opponent in. I know he has a little defence club on here but he just hanging on to the fact he is playing with maguire.
If you look at the starting XI, only Bruno and Shaw have got higher ratings than him from the Red Cafe members this season. So it is not a “little defence club”, it is actually the opposite. Most people think he’s been good and you are part of a small anti-Lindelof club.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Care to list say 5vof these mistakes this season?
Everything is mistake when Victor is in question. When he clears ball in corner, it is a mistake. When he loses a header, it is a mistake. When Maguire fecks up, it is Victor's mistake because he "didn't cover Harry". And best example;
That goal vs WBA. Attacker obviously made a foul but hey, it is Victor. He was too soft.

Raven

Everything is mistake when Victor is in question. When he clears ball in corner, it is a mistake. When he loses a header, it is a mistake. When Maguire fecks up, it is Victor's mistake because he "didn't cover Harry". And best example;
That goal vs WBA. Attacker obviously made a foul but hey, it is Victor. He was too soft.
The WBA goal still angers me to a very high degree, the fact that a bunch of mouth breathers are still calling that a Lindelof error angers me more.

Last edited:

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Could have done better for their goal, but its not exactly a howler either.

Been very good lately imo
Come on, not a howler? He took a swipe and missed. It’s a howler whoever commits it.
If a striker was put in on the keeper, swiped at the ball and missed it he’d be called out. Same here.

Raven

Come on, not a howler? He took a swipe and missed. It’s a howler whoever commits it.
If a striker was put in on the keeper, swiped at the ball and missed it he’d be called out. Same here.
It's a howler but it's not like he makes a habit of moments like that so it's not an issue.

Fussmeister

Caught off guard in that one touch pass and could have done better. But we hade more players off position in that play. I think the players should stop ”expecting” and stay focused until we are out of danger.

But people on here need to get a grip. As soon as anyone makes a mistake ( everyone does in every game ) people go nuts. Same goes for entire team

UpWithRivers

Kane passes first time and the way Lindelofs position is he has to move in an odd way to try and clear it. He should have cleared but you can see how it could happen. Its not like the striker scenario unless the striker was making a diagonal right run and the ball goes left and he stops and re-adjusts and swings at it. The problem is Maguire has let Moura go and at the other side Son is completely free. I put it down to great play by Kane and a huge slice of luck

simmee

Would you not say that opinion is stupid?
Remember who you are talking to. An incredible comeback from United yesterday and all his posts except one in the football forum has been in here being a negative nancy.

SwedishFish

Kane passes first time and the way Lindelofs position is he has to move in an odd way to try and clear it. He should have cleared but you can see how it could happen. Its not like the striker scenario unless the striker was making a diagonal right run and the ball goes left and he stops and re-adjusts and swings at it. The problem is Maguire has let Moura go and at the other side Son is completely free. I put it down to great play by Kane and a huge slice of luck
Maguire and AWB (who is completely asleep and too high up the pitch) are not marking their men, which is also big defensive errors in my book.

Raven

Remember who you are talking to. An incredible comeback from United yesterday and all his posts except one in the football forum has been in here being a negative nancy.
I'm still perplexed that a number of people still deem that assault by the WBA player as fair, absolutely stinks of an agenda.

Raven

Maguire and AWB (who is completely asleep and too high up the pitch) are not marking their men, which is also big defensive errors in my book.
I think everyone was shit for their goal including Rashford who could have tracked Son. It's understandable that they were a bit shaken up though after the ordeal a few minutes previous. It was a howler but who really cares?

UpWithRivers

I think everyone was shit for their goal including Rashford who could have tracked Son. It's understandable that they were a bit shaken up though after the ordeal a few minutes previous. It was a howler but who really cares?
Everyone in the CAF...they demand blood.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
It was a good counter by Spurs and the pass comes at him very quickly so he had no time to adjust his body.

I have been very critical of him in the past and still think we can upgrade on him, and as i said, he could have done better, but thats not a howler in my book

SwedishFish

Aye agreed, it was a defensive lapse from all players involved. For sure a howler by Lindelöf who had a solid game other than that.

I just watched the MOTD highlights from the game and I forgot about the crucial block he had on Aurier in the second half.

golden_blunder

Staff
It was a good counter by Spurs and the pass comes at him very quickly so he had no time to adjust his body.

I have been very critical of him in the past and still think we can upgrade on him, and as i said, he could have done better, but thats not a howler in my book
If that’s not a howler don’t know what is. Welbeck used to be called all kinds for air shots for example.

Raven

Everyone in the CAF...they demand blood.
It's the same section of fans who criticised him for being assaulted by that West Brom player. No clarity of thought when it comes to Lindelof.
Aye agreed, it was a defensive lapse from all players involved. For sure a howler by Lindelöf who had a solid game other than that.

I just watched the MOTD highlights from the game and I forgot about the crucial block he had on Aurier in the second half.
He was solid after that howler, which I'm just putting down to a lack of focus in the lads after the disallowed goal. Lindelof's been excellent lately and I hope he can keep this sort of form going.

Raven

I’d say it’s a different opinion, no need to insult the way you were
Opinions can be both different and stupid, as is the case in this situation. I googled the definition of mouthbreather (to ensure I hadn't used a slur or anything) and it (urban dictionary) defined it as:

"1. Literally, someone who lacks enough intelligence that they never learned to breathe through their nose. 2. A really dumb person."

Whilst what I said is possibly a little harsh, I hardly think equating stupid opinions and stupid people in a tongue in cheek manner is such a big deal.

golden_blunder

Staff
Opinions can be both different and stupid, as is the case in this situation. I googled the definition of mouthbreather (to ensure I hadn't used a slur or anything) and it (urban dictionary) defined it as:

"1. Literally, someone who lacks enough intelligence that they never learned to breathe through their nose. 2. A really dumb person."

Whilst what I said is possibly a little harsh, I hardly think equating stupid opinions and stupid people in a tongue in cheek manner is such a big deal.
It is when there are intelligent people out there who share the opinion that you’re disputing. So id ask you to respect the forum guidelines

SwedishFish

It is when there are intelligent people out there who share the opinion that you’re disputing. So id ask you to respect the forum guidelines
Some people see what they want to see.
It's the same thing with people who pile on James or Fred every time they play, no matter how well they do.

We have a few players that can't catch a break on here even when they are playing well and it's a bit ridiculous to be fair.

It's not intelligent, it's a ridiculous type of agenda against a few of our players.

"I feel there's always a mistake in him" after playing a good game is not a productive or intelligent comment, it's just going of personal animosity against a player.

We could do with a lot less of that tbh.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
My feelings towards Lindelof is that he will always let you down. He can be great for a run of games but he always has a mistake in him that will lead to a goal. I like the guy but the club needs an upgrade on him.

Raven

There are intelligent people who believe in all sorts of stupid shit and generally speaking, people refer to them as stupid when they're advertising their idiotic opinions. I didn't realise it would cause so much offense, I'll leave it there.

SwedishFish

My feelings towards Lindelof is that he will always let you down. He can be great for a run of games but he always has a mistake in him that will lead to a goal. I like the guy but the club needs an upgrade on him.
Case in point.

Raven

Please, list some of his mistakes this season. Since he always has one in him, I'm sure you won't mind providing, say, 10?

bsCallout

Some people see what they want to see.
It's the same thing with people who pile on James or Fred every time they play, no matter how well they do.

We have a few players that can't catch a break on here even when they are playing well and it's a bit ridiculous to be fair.

It's not intelligent, it's a ridiculous type of agenda against a few of our players.

"I feel there's always a mistake in him" after playing a good game is not a productive or intelligent comment, it's just going of personal animosity against a player.

We could do with a lot less of that tbh.
To be fair, 'there is always a mistake in him' is the perfect comment after a game in which he played well EXCEPT for making a pretty bad mistake.

KiD MoYeS

If people trust him to be put first choice centre-back partner to Maguire then all the power to them but he has been at the club for long enough to now know he is not the long-term defensive solution.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
If people trust him to be put first choice centre-back partner to Maguire then all the power to them but he has been at the club for long enough to now know he is not the long-term defensive solution.
He’s 26. Best years as a CB still ahead of him and he’s improved a lot this year. Not that outrageous to think he has a long term future at the club.

golden_blunder

Staff
Yes. Am I wrong? You are extremely aggressive in this thread. Don't know why you've made it so personal. Enjoy the win and the improvement in our defense and attack this season.
I’m neither aggressive nor have I made it personal. Well ok maybe a little with @A-man once I realised he was Swedish and has the most replies in this thread. Since then I’ve backed off and not made anything personal.

the simple fact is that he’s a defender that plays well in patches but then makes an error, sometimes resorting in a goal sometimes a chance, sometimes he gets away with it. I also don’t like passive defenders, but that’s an opinion.

KiD MoYeS

Case in point.
It's true though, isn't it? And exactly what happened on Sunday. The guy is playing well but he can easily be overly casual or out muscled in any game. What are his strengths as a centre-back? Good passer and calm. He is not a great tackler or great in the air - I think he can have a very good career in Spain or Italy. I'm all for defending our players, particularly when everyone moans constantly nowadays, but Lindelof needs to be upgraded on.

KiD MoYeS

He’s 26. Best years as a CB still ahead of him and he’s improved a lot this year. Not that outrageous to think he has a long term future at the club.
Fully accept this point but I haven't seen enough from him to warrant that feeling in all honesty. He is not a great tackler and not great in the air - I think he can have a good career in Spain or Italy.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I don't think anybody can say it WASN'T an individual error by Lindelof? he doesn't shift his feet fast enough. If Maguire did that people would be labelling him clumsy and slow to react.

He did fine after that though.

I don't see why people get upset at criticizing him though, he's been rightly praised for his recent form, and will get moaned at for making a silly error that nearly cost us.

Raven

I don't think anybody can say it WASN'T an individual error by Lindelof? he doesn't shift his feet fast enough. If Maguire did that people would be labelling him clumsy and slow to react.

He did fine after that though.

I don't see why people get upset at criticizing him though, he's been rightly praised for his recent form, and will get moaned at for making a silly error that nearly cost us.
It definitely was an error, and a big one at that, but it was just after and outrageous decision that clearly effected our players mentality. I think criticism is usually over the top for Lindelof and often borders on straight up abuse, I'm not sure why it's so difficult for people to show a little objectivity.

Status
Not open for further replies.