Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Foxbatt

I think we are overreacting here. Lindelof always had this in his locker. The joker in the pack was Sancho. It is the first time pass back from Sancho that led to this whole thing. A lot of United players would not lay off that pass to Lindelof and that is where the whole thing ends and he jogs back to his position.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Did anyway catch him getting angry at the Leeds cnut that kicked Elanga.

Swedish big bro vibes :drool:

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
Surely you jest? It's really not that hard to read basic statistics such as those provided by sites like WhoScored and understand what they represent well and what falls between the cracks.
But i'm sure if the stats read the other way they'd be fine because they fit your agenda

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
Maguire has been utter shit this season, honestly some of the worst CB performances I've ever seen. He was good last season but to suggest that he's been better than Lindelof this campaign is ridiculous.
But he hasn't. He was shit at parts of this season when he was rushed back from injury, but he's been quite good for a while now. Does that stop him from being scapegoated by people with agendas? Not even a little bit. Those same people will try and tell us that Lindelof should be starting ahead of him and completely ignore the FACT that while Maguire was out for the month of January, De Gea had to make more saves than any keeper in the league other than in one game. West Ham. The only game where Maguire played 90 minutes. But go on...tell me again how you don't have an agenda and that for the better of the team, Lindelof should be starting ahead of Maguire...

Raven

I think we are overreacting here. Lindelof always had this in his locker. The joker in the pack was Sancho. It is the first time pass back from Sancho that led to this whole thing. A lot of United players would not lay off that pass to Lindelof and that is where the whole thing ends and he jogs back to his position.
Yeah, he's fantastic at carrying the ball from CB, we've seen him do it loads of times but the attacker turn and take it on themselves instead of returning the pass.

dronesoul

This.

I've seen exactly that happen so many times.

Siviz

Supports
Swansea
But i'm sure if the stats read the other way they'd be fine because they fit your agenda
I'm not the one with an agenda, mate. I haven't even stated an opinion, only the should-be-obvious fact that the statistics provided by WhoScored do not tell the full story as to the quality of players. Try to be less combative if you want to be taken seriously.

OmarUnited4ever

Did anyway catch him getting angry at the Leeds cnut that kicked Elanga.

Swedish big bro vibes :drool:
Imagine if Zalatan was here and his fellow countryman being hacked as Firpo did??

Zalatan would have roundhouse kicked Firpo in his face :lol: :lol:

PS. I don't condone violence

Bwuk

With how poor our forwards have been I do wonder if Lindelofs form warrants consideration of 352. Varane starts when fit, and Maguire is captain and won’t be benched.

De Gea
Lindelof - Varane - Maguire
Dalot - Pogba - McTominay - Telles
Bruno
Ronaldo - Sancho​

United in sin

He's been our most consistent centerback this season and I've never rated him. I'd pick him over Maguire everytime

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
I'm not the one with an agenda, mate. I haven't even stated an opinion, only the should-be-obvious fact that the statistics provided by WhoScored do not tell the full story as to the quality of players. Try to be less combative if you want to be taken seriously.
They don't tell the whole picture, but they give you a clue as to who is really shit, and who is being scapegoated. When he's been bad, like really bad (Liverpool, Watford and Leicester come to mind) his scores were reflective of it. But as of late he's been back to his form of last year but people are still butt hurt over him for some odd reason...

Abraxas

Played well today. Probably gives the manager something to think about if Maguire's form stays poor, assuming Varane is first choice. Although I thought Maguire was decent as well today, goal aside. So it probably isn't going to tip the balance much yet.

L1nk

So when the stats don't suit your agenda we ignore them. Got it...
i’ve started to count just how many times you use the word agenda when it comes to Harry Maguire, even in threads that have nothing to do with him, it’s becoming a bit of a weird obsession at this point

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Our best CB. Maguire scored the goal, but this guy was phenomenal.

Think he will much better under a coach like ETH . Ralph doesn't really do this passing out from the back and he just need to get it out fast.

CloneMC16

He's been our best CB this season. We all thought he would get benched when Varane came in, but he's been very, very good in the majority of his performances. Fair play to the guy. He should 100% continue to start.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He was very good, Bruno's goal was all because of Lindelof. He was good on the ball with few driving runs. Also he played some superb passes (especially to Bruno and Rashford) this season, hopefully he won't be benched when Varane comes back.

Lindelof - Varane should be our first choice CB pair going by their form.

MrBrightside1989

Would like to see him and Varane get a good run of games together. They would compliment each other well and add more mobility

RussellWilson

2020 NFC Fantasy League winner

We haven't had forward passing from deep like that since Matic's legs fell off. Really think we should give him a run as a very deep 6. Will hide the vulnerabilities in his game too.

TSE123

im convinced he would be a great 6 (his positioning and understanding of the game would be key), but it still means losing a CB who is able to pass the ball and who can read the game. The best is obviously to find a 6 and playing Varane+Lindelof (HM back up). Potential for greatness there with a world class DM.

Raven

They don't tell the whole picture, but they give you a clue as to who is really shit, and who is being scapegoated. When he's been bad, like really bad (Liverpool, Watford and Leicester come to mind) his scores were reflective of it. But as of late he's been back to his form of last year but people are still butt hurt over him for some odd reason...
You sound like a 5 year old, give it a rest.

Elcabron

With how poor our forwards have been I do wonder if Lindelofs form warrants consideration of 352. Varane starts when fit, and Maguire is captain and won’t be benched.

De Gea
Lindelof - Varane - Maguire
Dalot - Pogba - McTominay - Telles
Bruno
Ronaldo - Sancho​
I think it does in certain games such as upcoming games v pool and city. We are improving but we are still fragile/brittle and I think 352 in those games would be fine. Presume that is how spurs lined up v city at the weekend?

Ekeke

Whoscored had Phil Jones and James Tomkins ranked as the league’s best CB’s in 2015.

Imagine taking their ratings seriously.
Jones was really fantastic in 2014/2015. May not have been the very best, but he defended very well for us and we had the best defensive record in the league. The problem has been repeating that and staying fit

This season we have the 9th best defensive record in the league. A 2014/2015 Jones would be better than our CBs this season, certainly would defend better than Maguire and Lindelof. In the 1 game he did play it was our best performance from a CB this season :lol:

Also in 15/16 the highest rated CB was Virgil Van Dijk for Southampton. Maybe we should have taken the ratings seriously then. The next season he was 2nd behind Otamendi. So thats 1st and 2nd of CBs for Southampton, I dont believe thats been done before on their ratings also.

Siviz

Supports
Swansea
Only Ekeke would arrive to this thread after last game and talk about how Phil Jones is the better player. There's something to be said about sticking to your guns, though, I suppose.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
Ok folks, time to drop the agendas and look at the facts. Too many people say Lindelof is a better defender than Maguire and it just isn't true. Even in a season where Maguire had a very poor run (Liverpool, Watford and Leicester come to mind) he's still been the better of the two and the stats don't lie. But unlike certain YouTube personalities, I'm not going to just show you the stats that suit the agenda. I will show all of them

------------------AP--CS-GC--TCK--LMT--BL--INT--CL--HC--REC--DW--DL--ABW--ABL--ELG--

Maguire-----22--6---26---22------2------2---17---74--41---107---95---55-----56-----24----1
Lindelof-----17--3---27---13------0-----0-----14--66--31---107----54--38-----33-----22----0

AP=Appearances CS=Clean Sheets GC=Goals Conceded TCK=Tackles LMT=Last Man Tackles BL=Blocks INT=Interceptions CL=Clearances HC=Headed Clearances REC=Recoveries DW=Duals Won DL=Duals Lost ABW=Aerial Battles Won ABL=Aerial Battles Lost ELG=Errors Leading To Goal

Harry Maguire Statistics | Premier League
Victor Lindelöf Statistics | Premier League

So many people have talked about how much better Lindelof is than Maguire. The stats prove that isn't true. But forget about the stats. Let's look at how we played without Maguire during the month of January. Oh that's right, during that time De Gea had to make more saves than any keeper in the league and ended up getting the EPL player of the month while playing EPL heavyweights WOlves, Villa, Brentford and West Ham. In fact, the only game De Gea didn't have to save us was against West Ham (the best team we played) and this also happened to be the only game in January that Maguire played 90 minutes. But go on...keep scapegoating Maguire and keep holding his price tag (which he had nothing to do with) against him...

Andre Kagawa

Ok folks, time to drop the agendas and look at the facts. Too many people say Lindelof is a better defender than Maguire and it just isn't true. Even in a season where Maguire had a very poor run (Liverpool, Watford and Leicester come to mind) he's still been the better of the two and the stats don't lie. But unlike certain YouTube personalities, I'm not going to just show you the stats that suit the agenda. I will show all of them

------------------AP--CS-GC--TCK--LMT--BL--INT--CL--HC--REC--DW--DL--ABW--ABL--ELG--

Maguire-----22--6---26---22------2------2---17---74--41---107---95---55-----56-----24----1
Lindelof-----17--3---27---13------0-----0-----14--66--31---107----54--38-----33-----22----0

AP=Appearances CS=Clean Sheets GC=Goals Conceded TCK=Tackles LMT=Last Man Tackles BL=Blocks INT=Interceptions CL=Clearances HC=Headed Clearances REC=Recoveries DW=Duals Won DL=Duals Lost ABW=Aerial Battles Won ABL=Aerial Battles Lost ELG=Errors Leading To Goal

So many people have talked about how much better Lindelof is than Maguire. The stats prove that isn't true. But forget about the stats. Let's look at how we played without Maguire during the month of January. Oh that's right, during that time De Gea had to make more saves than any keeper in the league and ended up getting the EPL player of the month while playing EPL heavyweights WOlves, Villa, Brentford and West Ham. In fact, the only game De Gea didn't have to save us was against West Ham (the best team we played) and this also happened to be the only game in January that Maguire played 90 minutes. But go on...keep scapegoating Maguire and keep holding his price tag (which he had nothing to do with) against him...
Jesus.

Ekeke

I will go with Lindelof being slightly better defensively than Maguire this season just due to less mistakes. But neither one is as good defensively as Smalling and Jones in 2015 and its not even close. Lindelof is better on the ball than they were. Thats it

Lindelof and Maguire wouldnt be out of place at Wolves, West Ham or Brighton and aiming for europa league places.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

We haven't had forward passing from deep like that since Matic's legs fell off. Really think we should give him a run as a very deep 6. Will hide the vulnerabilities in his game too.
Agree until the last two sentences. Let's not play players out of position again. Lindelof is a very good long passer, though. There's a reason he has 2 assists this season from CB.

lex talionis

Varane-Lindelof is the optimal CB partnership based on this season's form, but Maguire is captain and he did in put in a fantastic performance against Leeds. Maguire will remain a regular starter but should he be felled by injury we'll be able to upgrade on him with Lindelof. No shame in that at all.

Not that it should be top of mind right now, but I wish there some way to get Bailly more action. There's a very decent CB in his boots...but he's injury-prone.

OsloIsRed

I do not understand why people are fighting over Maguire and Lindelof when both of them had a very good match! Sometimes it feels like that half of the people here wants one of them to fail just so that they can mock the people with different opinion. Personally I like Lindelof more and think that we should let him and Varane get a run of games together so that we can assess them as a defensive pairing . If I would start hating on Maguire because of this opinion then I would not be a good United fan. The best thing in the world would be if all our players play at the best of their ability. To all of you try to enjoy the win and how well both of them played.

A short sidenote to the people posting about stats and claiming that those stats are all the stats. No they are not and one example is the apperance stat. The stat do not reveal the partner the defensive player are playing next to which I would say is one of the more important one. It do not show if the player came in from the bench or if he started. Statistics can always be twisted and it is nearly impossible to show all the important factors.

Firefly

We're is the stat for deciding when it is offside instead of defending?

We're is the stat for wandering off leaving huge holes in the defense?

We're is the stat showing turn radius, acceleration, speed?

We're is the stat of holding the ball for too long doing nothing?

We're is the stat of being a Arial monster, yet putting those were they need to go seems impossible.

Stats are not everything, Harry's season has been shite, he's been ok for the past three games, Victor has been solid for when he's played the entire season.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
We're is the stat for deciding when it is offside instead of defending?

We're is the stat for wandering off leaving huge holes in the defense?

We're is the stat showing turn radius, acceleration, speed?

We're is the stat of holding the ball for too long doing nothing?

We're is the stat of being a Arial monster, yet putting those were they need to go seems impossible.

Stats are not everything, Harry's season has been shite, he's been ok for the past three games, Victor has been solid for when he's played the entire season.
You're just looking for shit now that while it may happen at times, it also happens with the other defenders. But you don't see it with them because you aren't looking for it. Bottom line is, never mind all the stats but let's just look at how we played when Maguire wasn't playing. In the Month of January when Maguire only played one game De Gea had to make more saves than any other keeper in the league in every game accept for the one when Maguire did play. Those games were against Wolves, Villa, Brentford and West Ham. Of those games, the West Ham game would be the one you'd think would be the toughest. But this was in FACT the only game Maguire played and the only game where De Gea wasn't needed to be man of the match. But go on...tell me again how Lindelof is better and that you aren't just scapegoating Maguire

Status
Not open for further replies.