Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Irwin99

Seems to be getting a tiny bit more respect/love from the fan base lately. I've always been of the opinion that he'll never shine like an all action center back but he could do very well as that very 'good' defender that goes next to a great one. Ronny Johnson, Gomez/Matip, Cahill, etc all played very well for title winning sides with a better centre back beside them.

Red_toad

Seems to be getting a tiny bit more respect/love from the fan base lately. I've always been of the opinion that he'll never shine like an all action center back but he could do very well as that very 'good' defender that goes next to a great one. Ronny Johnson, Gomez/Matip, Cahill, etc all played very well for title winning sides with a better centre back beside them.
As he’s playing at the top of his game and Harry is the exact opposite. We have a great defender and still never look solid no matter who’s alongside him. If Harry gets back to last seasons form, we’ll be fine, but still have issues with midfield and a keeper who planted to his line and doesn’t come for crosses.

edgecutter

Maguire will get the plaudits for a goal, but Victor is head and shoulders above him.

TsuWave

Credit where it's due. Guy was gliding through the pitch like prime Kaka at points

el3mel

That run was absolutely magnificent. That's what I call a ball playing CB. He basically became a midfielder in this goal.

Strats

MotM for me closely followed by Sancho. Sublime performance.

Does not deserve to be dropped for Varane

lost7

Should start every week, his passing from the back is genuinely exceptional

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Thought he was easily our best player over the course of the entire match. I thought there was one big defensive mistake he made in the second half, but in the replay I realised he was literally left 2 v 1 and there wasn't much else he could have done in that moment.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
One of Lindelof's best performances. In conditions you would have thought he'd flap in.

Jev

Easily our best CB on the evidence of this season. Great courage from him to go on those runs and he's so refreshingly calm defensively.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
Maguire will get the plaudits for a goal, but Victor is head and shoulders above him.
Only if you have an agenda against Maguire. If you are looking at the two without bias, then Maguire is better and was better today. I like Lindelof on the ball though. I wouldn't mind seeing how he could do as a DM, but he is not a better defender. Once again, the unbiased stats have Maguire better

Harry Maguire Match Statistics (whoscored.com)

Victor Lindelöf Match Statistics (whoscored.com)

Golden Nugget

What on earth was that? :lol:

He’s had good performances and capable of great passes - never knew he could push up and burst out like that. Delighted with him.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Only if you have an agenda against Maguire. If you are looking at the two without bias, then Maguire is better and was better today. I like Lindelof on the ball though. I wouldn't mind seeing how he could do as a DM, but he is not a better defender. Once again, the unbiased stats have Maguire better

Harry Maguire Match Statistics (whoscored.com)

Victor Lindelöf Match Statistics (whoscored.com)
whoscored ratings being "unbiased stats" :lol:

Of course he's got a higher whoscored rating, he gone done a goal. That's about as complex as their model is, and of course Lindelöf's driving runs through midfield that created chances (and a goal) don't count for anything because he didn't get a goal or an assist.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
whoscored ratings being "unbiased stats" :lol:

Of course he's got a higher whoscored rating, he gone done a goal. That's about as complex as their model is, and of course Lindelöf's driving runs through midfield that created chances (and a goal) don't count for anything because he didn't get a goal or an assist.
So when the stats don't suit your agenda we ignore them. Got it...

Status
Not open for further replies.