Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Red00012

A holiday because his house was burgled .

He’s as soft off the field as he is on it.

PoTMS

People will think it's harsh but it just shows you the difference between the mentality of United and City players. Cancelo gets beat up and plays the next game with his scar out for everyone to see. Lindelof gets burgled when he and his family were not home and misses our next game. Don't get me wrong, it's terrifying to know someone has broken in to your home but you're a multimillionaire, hire some security guards when you're away.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Erm I don't remember any of these break-ins pre vaccine?

Coincidence sheeple?

Open your eyes.

Gandalf

People will think it's harsh but it just shows you the difference between United and City. Cancelo gets beat up and plays the next game with his scar out for everyone to see. Lindelof gets burgled when he and his family were not home and misses our next game. Don't get me wrong, it's terrifying to know someone has broken in to your home but you're a multimillionaire, hire some security guards when you're away.
Idiotic comment. For a start the statement clearly says his family were at home when this happened so you got that 100% wrong and his wife and son are upset and scared by the event. It would be incredibly insensitive of him to leave his family and say "I know you are traumatized love but don't worry I paid some bloke to sit outside the house so I can go for a kick about".

united for life

People will think it's harsh but it just shows you the difference between the mentality of United and City players. Cancelo gets beat up and plays the next game with his scar out for everyone to see. Lindelof gets burgled when he and his family were not home and misses our next game. Don't get me wrong, it's terrifying to know someone has broken in to your home but you're a multimillionaire, hire some security guards when you're away.
you’re criticising him for choosing to spend time with his family after this? Are you serious?! Give the guy a break

Ixion

Shut up. His wife and kids were in the house as it happened and had to lock themselves in a room. That isn't something you shrug off.

Red00012

Shut up. His wife and kids were in the house as it happened and had to lock themselves in a room. That isn't something you shrug off.
Cancelo had the crap kicked out of him and played the following game ?

granted let the family fly home but this clown fecks off too just as he’s back in the starting 11. And we wonder why we are so far off City

Ixion

So? What the feck does that have to do with anything? Lindelof's kid was just in hospital weeks ago, the dude just had a heart scare, now his wife and kid had to lock themselves away from intruders. If he needs a break it's fair enough.

Red00012

So? What the feck does that have to do with anything? Lindelof's kid was just in hospital weeks ago, the dude just had a heart scare, now his wife and kid had to lock themselves away from intruders. If he needs a break it's fair enough.
It’s called desire to play football for the club that pay you far too much .
He can stay in Sweden in his bunker for the rest of the season.

Gordon S

granted let the family fly home but this clown fecks off too just as he’s back in the starting 11. And we wonder why we are so far off City
Victor taking care of his family is the reason we can`t play football the same way City can?

mu4c_20le

Come on man. I think he's doing this more for his family than himself being scared.

A-man

Somehow I believe a player who take care of his family is also the one who will care for his club and team mates.

Ronaldo still talks about SAF and when he allowed him to go home when his father was dying. Guess they are just two overpaid pussies with lack of desire.

Red00012

Somehow I believe a player who take care of his family is also the one who will care for his club and team mates.

Ronaldo still talks about SAF and when he allowed him to go home when his father was dying. Guess they are just two overpaid pussies with lack of desire.
All of Lindelof’s are alive and well thankfully . It was a request from Victor rather than the club telling him

Raven

You're some heartless piece of work.

I honestly can't get my head around what you're saying at all.

Gandalf

All of Lindelof’s are alive and well thankfully . It was a request from Victor rather than the club telling him
Ok to play this out for a moment just consider the circumstances and obviously I don't know anything about your family situation and so I am not making any presumptions here.

From what has been reported the incident deeply affected his wife and his 3 year old and it seems that his wife wants him to stay with the family at this time whilst they deal with what has happened. I can't speak for you but as a husband and father myself you can bet that in the same circumstances I would put my wife first in this situation and my employer would just have to understand and no I don't think that the fact that he is a well paid athlete makes any difference here. I cannot understand the mentality of anyone in that situation who would choose their job over the person they claim to love regardless of any professional consequences.

TSE123

Wrote something much harsher first, but apparently it was to insulting.

Absolutely ridiculous comments. Says alot about a person how they value people around them.
Unfortunatley anyone is allowed to reproduce, but i sure hope you hold off for a while until you have matured and seen some sense.
Entirely agree with @A-man, a person who doesnt care for his family is going to be incredibly selfish and not care for anyone else (let alone a club).
Family always come s first.

Withnail

Ok to play this out for a moment just consider the circumstances and obviously I don't know anything about your family situation and so I am not making any presumptions here.

From what has been reported the incident deeply affected his wife and his 3 year old and it seems that his wife wants him to stay with the family at this time whilst they deal with what has happened. I can't speak for you but as a husband and father myself you can bet that in the same circumstances I would put my wife first in this situation and my employer would just have to understand and no I don't think that the fact that he is a well paid athlete makes any difference here. I cannot understand the mentality of anyone in that situation who would choose their job over the person they claim to love regardless of any professional consequences.
Good post and those were my thoughts exactly.

I'd be surprised if they had kids themselves with that attitude. I'd also be surprised if they actually expected from regular people in regular jobs in the same circumstances as what they are currently demanding from Lindelof.

PoTMS

Idiotic comment. For a start the statement clearly says his family were at home when this happened so you got that 100% wrong and his wife and son are upset and scared by the event. It would be incredibly insensitive of him to leave his family and say "I know you are traumatized love but don't worry I paid some bloke to sit outside the house so I can go for a kick about".
My bad, if they were home then that's a different issue. I completely misread that. This is coming from someone that has been home during an attempted burgling so I understand what that can do to someone. I've had people try to comfort me who have been burgled when away who try to compare the two but the psychological effect of the two is wildly different.

MartinRed

It's Maguire who break in forcing his way into the starting XI one way or another.

Alemar

It is fine that Victor will miss this game, fully understandable. Family comes first.

But going forward, it would also be wise for him to hire armed guards for his house

Foxbatt

Family comes first. The club was great to let him have time with his family. SAF would have insisted on it.
I have been thru a terrorist attack. I was much more scared because my family was there rather than me being alone.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Every player takes care of their families ffs :lol:

Anyways good that he was given time off. Family comes first and it's good he is spending time with his family after these events.

Greck

It's Maguire who break in forcing his way into the starting XI one way or another.
Then I'm sure even that would be blamed on Lindelof. Should have foreseen it and left the front entrance open.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I'm happy that Lindelof has improved.

Whilst I'm still not sure if he should be our guaranteed starter over the course of a season - I do feel comfortable when he is our 3rd choice CB.

I feel like he is our Matip even if he isn't our Van Dijk.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
If Lindelof himself got beaten up by cancelo then it would actually make sense for him to come for the next match - because he wouldn't get beaten up during training or the team bus.

However, it is not that Lindelof was beaten up - it was pretty much that his family were mentally beaten up without him - instantly going out again to leave his family alone would be wrong.

It's not that Lindelof got beaten up like Cancelo - it's that his family pretty much got beaten up like Cancelo did instead.

Bondi77

I wonder if his missus will want to take the family back to Sweden or at least move out of the UK.
I will totally understand if Victor wants to keep the family happy and put in a transfer request.

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
I find it strange that footballers do not have proper security in place at their homes. You would think it would be the first thing they think about for their families and themselves when they sign for a globally renowned club. They are always going to be in the public eye and targets for criminals so it should be priority that they hire security and get some trained dogs if they are living in a non-gated community.

Hope he and his family recover from this - these incidents can be traumatising.

Red_toad

It is fine that Victor will miss this game, fully understandable. Family comes first.

But going forward, it would also be wise for him to hire armed guards for his house
CCTV an alarm and a panic room. Jeez the fear mongers in this thread, armed guards would be a complete overreaction.

Bondi77

I find it strange that footballers do not have proper security in place at their homes. You would think it would be the first thing they think about for their families and themselves when they sign for a globally renowned club. They are always going to be in the public eye and targets for criminals so it should be priority that they hire security and get some trained dogs if they are living in a non-gated community.

Hope he and his family recover from this - these incidents can be traumatising.
Footballers are not the brightest

Red_toad

If Lindelof himself got beaten up by cancelo then it would actually make sense for him to come for the next match - because he wouldn't get beaten up during training or the team bus.

However, it is not that Lindelof was beaten up - it was pretty much that his family were mentally beaten up without him - instantly going out again to leave his family alone would be wrong.

It's not that Lindelof got beaten up like Cancelo - it's that his family pretty much got beaten up like Cancelo did instead.
Cancelo was protecting his family who were in the home, shows a very strong mentality that he turned up the next game. Mrs Lindelof rightly hid in a room until they left. I’d say Cancelo’s incident would be far more traumatic for the family, but each to their own.

Status
Not open for further replies.