Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Cancelo was protecting his family who were in the home, shows a very strong mentality that he turned up the next game. Mrs Lindelof rightly hid in a room until they left. I’d say Cancelo’s incident would be far more traumatic for the family, but each to their own.
Oh right. So Cancelo is there which protected the family from feeling as distraught compared to the family that had no one when Lindelof was playing a football game.

Going to another football game straight after would make the family feel safe as shit.

People who are complaining about this are Just viewing another opportunity to complain about something. Bunch of b*tches.

Red_toad

Oh right. So Cancelo is there which protected the family from feeling as distraught compared to the family that had no one when Lindelof was playing a football game.

Going to another football game straight after would make the family feel safe as shit.

People who are complaining about this are Just viewing another opportunity to complain about something. Bunch of b*tches.
I’m pretty sure watching your partner try to fight off 4 people and failing at it is more distressing, than hiding in a room.

How people would deal with such incidents is obviously a topic people can comment on. Not much point posting on a discussion forum if everyone isn’t allowed an opinion.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
If Lindelof himself got beaten up by cancelo then it would actually make sense for him to come for the next match - because he wouldn't get beaten up during training or the team bus.

However, it is not that Lindelof was beaten up - it was pretty much that his family were mentally beaten up without him - instantly going out again to leave his family alone would be wrong.

It's not that Lindelof got beaten up like Cancelo - it's that his family pretty much got beaten up like Cancelo did instead.
There’s no indication that anyone got beat up unless I missed something.
His wife was understandably upset/shaken by the incident, I’m sure having a newborn baby just amplified it. For what it’s worth I think Lindelof did the right thing for his family

Foxbatt

I’m pretty sure watching your partner try to fight off 4 people and failing at it is more distressing, than hiding in a room.

How people would deal with such incidents is obviously a topic people can comment on. Not much point posting on a discussion forum if everyone isn’t allowed an opinion.
Feck off.

Red_toad

Can we just thread ban people like this? Criticising someone because they were robbed?
I didn’t criticise anyone for getting robbed. I’d suggest you self ban yourself as reading isn’t a strong point for you.

Kostov

It’s called desire to play football for the club that pay you far too much .
He can stay in Sweden in his bunker for the rest of the season.
He has 2 very young kids and in a foreign country. Maybe some characters can deal much easier with this kind of incident, but don't fecking judge a father that puts his family in the first place.

Caesar2290

Surprised that nobody picked up on it here yet. Ralf said that he is ill again. Hopefully nothing too serious.

RedDevil@84

Ridiculous that he puts in good performances and Maguire just waltz into the team, based on nothing.

TSE123

Ridiculous that he puts in good performances and Maguire just waltz into the team, based on nothing.
Agree with you, but suspect it is partly due to only having trained once over a 2 week period.
Apart from that it should be an easy choice - Maguire only having played slightly better (better than appalling that is) two out of the three last games.

Sylar

One thing he did which none of our other defenders do or tried (cant remember if Varane has) is that long ball from back to front which turns the defence completely, normally with Rashford running on to it. It seemed like he would do it once a game where it would work.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
One thing he did which none of our other defenders do or tried (cant remember if Varane has) is that long ball from back to front which turns the defence completely, normally with Rashford running on to it. It seemed like he would do it once a game where it would work.
It's true, he does have that one killer ball a game which completely takes the oppo by surprise. Is it because they know our CBs love to hang onto the ball for ages before making a short forward pass?

Sylar

It's true, he does have that one killer ball a game which completely takes the oppo by surprise. Is it because they know our CBs love to hang onto the ball for ages before making a short forward pass?
It seems the case. Hes the only one willing to try (so far). Maguire is more inclined to pass out to Shaw, which was helping last season because he would drive with the ball and commit the opposition (but seems to be against that now)

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
It seems the case. Hes the only one willing to try (so far). Maguire is more inclined to pass out to Shaw, which was helping last season because he would drive with the ball and commit the opposition (but seems to be against that now)
Also the only who can pull it off. Mind you, seen Varane do it a few times this season, but Maguire doing it you may as well signal a goal kick before he's taken a swing!

OneUnited24

Wonder if he’s still feeling effects of illness. Can’t see how Maguire is starting otherwise… unless… is Ralf an idiot?

A-man

Overall good but looked a bit rusty in some situations. Adds an extra alternative with his ball carries and long balls.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Thought he was very good. Bit annoyed he was never put in the team; only Varane has been better than him. Needs to be kept in the team until proven otherwise.

Adam-Utd

Caught 3 times over his head with long balls today. Lost Welbeck on a cross he should have scored from. Old Lindelof is back.

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for being a bit rusty.

TSE123

Caught 3 times over his head with long balls today. Lost Welbeck on a cross he should have scored from. Old Lindelof is back.

Your usual rubbish. He has been very good all season (missed games for reasons out of his control). You tend to describe lindelof as rubbish and anything good is an exception and HM you tend to describe as a footballing genius and anything bad is the exception. To the majority of the footballing world it is actually the opposite.

Lindelof played pretty well yesterday and is a good football-playing CB. The cross you are referring to is equally due to his immobile partner being out of position (for the 100th time).

Adam-Utd

Your usual rubbish. He has been very good all season (missed games for reasons out of his control). You tend to describe lindelof as rubbish and anything good is an exception and HM you tend to describe as a footballing genius and anything bad is the exception. To the majority of the footballing world it is actually the opposite.

Lindelof played pretty well yesterday and is a good football-playing CB. The cross you are referring to is equally due to his immobile partner being out of position (for the 100th time).
It's not rubbish at all. He got beaten with a long straight ball over his head that he misjudged twice - that is a fact. (Trossard+Welbeck) Without DDG bailing him out at the last moment that would have cost us the game.

Yes he did some basic defensive actions through the game like we'd all expect him to do - but he needs to cut the stupid mistakes out.

I've also slated Maguire plenty - go check the thread yourself.

I praise Lindelof when he deserves it, I criticise when he deserves it. Keep your fanboy emotions in check.

simmee

It's not rubbish at all. He got beaten with a long straight ball over his head that he misjudged twice - that is a fact. (Trossard+Welbeck) Without DDG bailing him out at the last moment that would have cost us the game.

Yes he did some basic defensive actions through the game like we'd all expect him to do - but he needs to cut the stupid mistakes out.

I've also slated Maguire plenty - go check the thread yourself.

I praise Lindelof when he deserves it, I criticise when he deserves it. Keep your fanboy emotions in check.
Fanboy emotions :lol: Are you 12? Don't remember the Trossard one but the Welbeck one is De Gea's ball around 100% of the time. Are all defenders "beaten" by long passes that goes straight to the keeper?

Adam-Utd

Fanboy emotions :lol: Are you 12? Don't remember the Trossard one but the Welbeck one is De Gea's ball around 100% of the time. Are all defenders "beaten" by long passes that goes straight to the keeper?
That was my thinking when I saw his post personally, I could sense the blubbering and tears.

It's quite astounding how so many Lindelof fans minds go blank to his mistakes :D it was in the first half.

While yes I agree DDG could be more reactive to some long ball situations, it doesn't help that our centre backs make it FAR too easy.

As far I remember it without seeing it again, it wasn't like it was 100% the goalkeepers. He was forced into reacting and just about got there.

Would never have reached Welbeck if Maguire hadn't ducked. That was on both of them.

He was fine otherwise.

joedirt87

I was ready to go along with the insane idea of trying him at DM after watching McTominay do nothing and see Lindelof bring the ball out further then him multiple times in the first half. Better long range passer too. Had an alright game out there, we didnt concede so there is that. don't expect to see much of him for the remainder of the season if Varane stays fit.

Foxbatt

I was ready to go along with the insane idea of trying him at DM after watching McTominay do nothing and see Lindelof bring the ball out further then him multiple times in the first half. Better long range passer too. Had an alright game out there, we didnt concede so there is that. don't expect to see much of him for the remainder of the season if Varane stays fit.
I do not think it is that insane. The only issue is that Lindelof does not tackle.

Alfie092

Would like to see Varane x Lindelof partnership for a run of games and see how it goes. However, we all know that won't happen...

A-man

Would like to see Varane x Lindelof partnership for a run of games and see how it goes. However, we all know that won't happen...
It would make sense to play them together against Atletico Madrid, but then they need a match together first (Leeds). However Rangnick seems to be a manager who will play Maguire no matter how he performs, so it’ll most likely be Maguire again.

TSE123

I do not think it is that insane. The only issue is that Lindelof does not tackle.
I dont either. But the single most important trait of a DM is the positioning. Maybe worth a go?

It would make sense to play them together against Atletico Madrid, but then they need a match together first (Leeds). However Rangnick seems to be a manager who will play Maguire no matter how he performs, so it’ll most likely be Maguire again.
Agree.
I’ve got same impression of Ragnick, but I wonder if its more due to stability (as in avoiding volatility and constant changing) than player preference!? It could be argued that it is better for the team to have continuity and stability (with maybe a slightly worse set up) than to constantly change who starts.

Status
Not open for further replies.