Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Raven

Wind your neck in, you have literally no standing to lecture anyone about biases. You, of all people, lecturing people about agendas, fecking joker.

(this one is good because you moderate yourself into making the exact same claim.)

Ah yes, "no one here's played professionally so they're all too dumb to see what I'm seeing."

No one who understands football thinks this.

Don't know what this even means, but you invoked women's football so I'm assuming it's not meant to be flattering.

And this is just from this thread. That's not the opinions of someone unbiased and enlightened, that's the comments of someone heavily biased and incapable of separating reality from whatever goes on in their head.
God damn.

simmee

Wind your neck in, you have literally no standing to lecture anyone about biases. You, of all people, lecturing people about agendas, fecking joker.

(this one is good because you moderate yourself into making the exact same claim.)

Ah yes, "no one here's played professionally so they're all too dumb to see what I'm seeing."

Don't know what this even means, but you invoked women's football so I'm assuming it's not meant to be flattering.

And this is just from this thread. That's not the opinions of someone unbiased and enlightened, that's the comments of someone heavily biased and incapable of separating reality from whatever goes on in their head.
fecking hell. Imagine being a grown man and spouting that much nonsense.

Chief123

That's just nonsense. Maguire has been in shocking from from the begining but Lindelof has been woeful too, even though I would agree he had less bad games because simply he doesn't get into spotlight so often being the passive defender and not being the most expensive defender in the world, there's a uge bias. You could see it even in the last game,

Lindelof had a good game, so had Maguire but praise is given to Lindelof mostly, and Maguire still being called shite, "despite the goal". Obvious double standards.. But hard to argue with an army of biased fans on football forum really..
With the greatest respect you have spoken some utter nonsense. I’m not a big fan of Lindelof or Maguire. Would happily get rid of both and try alternative upgrades even if they are risky signings.

But to try and put Maguire and Lindelof performances in the same bracket is just ridiculous. Maguire has been nothing far from horrific. A complete liability. Lindelof has actually been consistently good when brought in.

No doubt Lindelof will be the one that gets dropped tonight instead of Maguire.

Chief123

That was a bit brutal dude! You could have broken him down slowly with a few jabs for the first couple of rounds. You just went in with the sledgehammer uppercut within first few seconds!

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Thought he was good against Leeds.

Much braver on the ball, really makes a difference when he carries the ball forward - that 3rd man run for the 2nd goal was key.

He's certanly upped his level since Varane has come in.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
Ffs :lol:, use your head. Player who played more games will have more defensive actions than player who played half of the games, that's why per 90 mins stats are used. It's like saying player who scored 11 goals in 100 games is a better goal scorer than player who scored 10 in 10.

If you are so lazy to use then shut up about stats, something you have no clue about anyways.

Let's not forget to conclude, Matip is better than VVD, Lovren is as good. Also Evans was better than Rio in almost all seasons since whoscored started collecting stats.
I did a lot of work to provide all the stats. You are picking out certain ones to fit your agenda and expecting me to "take your word for it"....yeah...ok then

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I did a lot of work to provide all the stats. You are picking out certain ones to fit your agenda and expecting me to "take your word for it"....yeah...ok then
I asked you to go and check per 90 mins stats, you don't even have to, I have given you per 90 mins stats. All you have done is "Yeah feck Liverpool players" because it doesn't fit the narrative.

Guapa

Not his biggest fan but has to keep his place tonight after his recent form.

Teffe

Jeez, this person must be trolling for sure :lol:

Ace of Spades

Why did he start at RB, bizzare decision which was handicapping us massively while he was on the pitch.

Absolutely woeful performance, never bothered attacking, yet was poor defensively as well.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
Why did he start at RB, bizzare decision which was handicapping us massively while he was on the pitch.

Absolutely woeful performance, never bothered attacking, yet was poor defensively as well.
As bad as he usually is, I thought he was fine defensively. Just offered nothing going forward. Which is to be expected.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Victor's played as a right back in the past. Victor as a right back should stay as a thing of the past.

Ace of Spades

As bad as he usually is, I thought he was fine defensively. Just offered nothing going forward. Which is to be expected.
He was anything but fine, positionally was all over the place, uncertain whether to back off or step up and tended to drift central too many times leaving a lot of space on that side for their players to run into fairly easily. Players were taking him on and getting the better of him pretty easily. Add that to his non existent attacking play and he was awful.

There was simply no reason for that in the end, either play him as a CB or not at all, especially when we had two RBs sitting on the bench. The back line looked a lot more comfortable after he came off.

Caesar2290

He was anything but fine, positionally was all over the place, uncertain whether to back off or step up and tended to drift central too many times leaving a lot of space on that side for their players to run into fairly easily. Players were taking him on and getting the better of him pretty easily. Add that to his non existent attacking play and he was awful.

There was simply no reason for that in the end, either play him as a CB or not at all, especially when we had two RBs sitting on the bench. The back line looked a lot more comfortable after he came off.
Ralf didn't want to drop him hence he started him at RB. Apparently Maguire is undropable, so he tried to shoehorn Victor at RB.

One has to wonder, is it orders from the higher ups that Maguire starts when fit no matter what, because on current form he should be on the bench behind Varane and Lindelof.

L1nk

Was I watching a different game? Play RB before he might have but he’s a CB and I thought he actually did well, some good blocks and challenges, yet some posts would have you believe he was diabolical? He’s our best CB currently based on form

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Ok experiment over. Move along

Their RwB had all the time in the world to do what he wanted on that side and whilst Lindelof didn’t do anything particularly badly, he wasn’t particularly good either

Note: irritating thing, blind passing one direction whilst gesturing with his hand to everyone else. Does my head in

united for life

Victor's played as a right back in the past. Victor as a right back should stay as a thing of the past.
what kind of tactical experiment was that anyway. What did ralf expect? Sat 2 right backs on the bench for this. Lindelof should start, but as a cb ahead of maguire

Not good, but then what do we expect putting him on the right for the first time in years. He kept drifting into his actual position so Atletico had acres of space out wide.

Zlatan Ibrahomovic

Thought he was our best player in the first half. Won all his duels, intercepted passes, pressed people out of angles and hit most of his passes.

BorisManUtd

We were shaky from the very start but he's the one player that looked calm defending and was our best player before leaving the ground (though most of players were poor so wasn't hard for him to look good).

Strats

Thought he played fine, especially in the first half. Made a fantastic block in the first 10 minutes.

Should stop playing him as a right back though, Ralf needs needs to step up and drop Maguire

BerryBerryShrew

He's definitely been our best cb this season. I feel that Ralf effectively playing him at rb this evening was a bit of a cop out- like he knew Lindy deserved to start but didn't have the cojones to drop Maguire to play him where he should.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
I'll break from tradition and say he made a big error the first time they hit the bar. Lost his man completely for the cross.

He looked frustrated coming off so I suspect he didn't enjoy playing RB at all.

RedDevil@84

Just put him in CB and make Harry the backup. With Varane getting sick/injured and all, Maguire is going to get enough chances.

TSE123

Good first half. Deserves to start as CB.
Unfortunately the message ragnick sends is that he wont play the beat players because some are undroppable (HM).

jesperjaap

Best player by far for the first 30mins alongside Varane then both faded. His weaknesses were starting to get exposed.

I have been a constant criticiser of Lindelof, dont rate him at all. But to be fair towards the end of last season and majority of his performances this season he has raised his level from atrocious to at best average to consistantly average to decent.

In the current line up he probably starts. Never see him as a starter in a trophy chasing United side still, but he is certainly far more worthy now of a place in the squad than the vast majority and is unlike so many far more talented than him, at least putting a shift in and playing towards his capabilities

Abraxas

I wasn't overly impressed. Maybe I was slightly one eyed in appraising him because if there is one thing I despise it is managers playing centre backs at right back. It's very rarely good. No idea why Ralf did it.

Anders80

Played in the wrong position and still played much better than both Maguire and Varane.

Not the greatest performance offensively but since this was not his natural position I'd cut him some slack. Besides, the whole team was dreadful offensively until the last 10 minutes.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He should either play as CB or should be on the bench. He isn't a RB and doesn't make sense to play him.

Roux

That was a horrendous experiment - no fault of Lindelöf's, but why was he playing in an unfamiliar role? Very strange.

Raven

It was a strange one. When I saw the three CB's I presumed he was going five across the middle. That might have been wiser.
I thought the same until I saw no RB, we should have either played 3 at the back or dropped one of the CBs, preferably Maguire.
It was quite evident the players bottled it
And what? Because the players bottled it, the manager didn't? I'm not sure the 2 are mutually exclusive.

Oranges038

Not a right back. But saying that, his performance there wasn't the worst rb performance we've seen this season.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
And what? Because the players bottled it, the manager didn't? I'm not sure the 2 are mutually exclusive.
No. The manager bottling it makes sense if the team was set out to be passive and contain. It was evident from playing Bruno and Pogba together with a strong front 3 that it wasnt the case. Moreover his post match is clear that the instructions was to show aggression and proactiveness on the ball with more vertical build up play.

The players were just shite yesterday. It happens. If they are constsntly shite then the instructions and coaching can be questioned. But our performances of late are not consistent with the one yesterday.

youmeletsfly

Ok experiment over. Move along

Their RwB had all the time in the world to do what he wanted on that side and whilst Lindelof didn’t do anything particularly badly, he wasn’t particularly good either

Note: irritating thing, blind passing one direction whilst gesturing with his hand to everyone else. Does my head in
Look at the space Lodi had between Lindelof and whoever should have played on our right side, oh, it was Rashford was he?
After 15 minutes, Bruno saw that and tried to drop deeper in the 6-right role so he can cover, but it didn't work really.

The space Lodi had wasn't really Lindelof's issue, it was just a bad tactical approach. When Lindelof attacked Lodi, he either crossed quickly or dribbled and squared it to their 7. Varane wasn't tight to Lindelof when he needed so and our RW was nonexistent in defensive transition.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Look at the space Lodi had between Lindelof and whoever should have played on our right side, oh, it was Rashford was he?
After 15 minutes, Bruno saw that and tried to drop deeper in the 6-right role so he can cover, but it didn't work really.

The space Lodi had wasn't really Lindelof's issue, it was just a bad tactical approach. When Lindelof attacked Lodi, he either crossed quickly or dribbled and squared it to their 7. Varane wasn't tight to Lindelof when he needed so and our RW was nonexistent in defensive transition.
That’s why I am saying experiment over

Status
Not open for further replies.