Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

LordSpud

Shown himself to be a very capable CB who was probably being let down by his partner in the past.

Rustyspider13

Victor, Varane, Casemiro and DDG won us that match. He's done his job superbly well in Licha's absence.

Strats

Despite losing his man when Moore(I think it was) came through on goal, he was phenomenal.

Underrated in the air he is.

A-man

Another good game, won back a lot of balls like the one that set us up for the goal.

BorisManUtd

He was brilliant other than that situation where he lost his man. But he like others from defence he's being let down by our attack, can't just be winning 1-0 and hoping on defence to keep CS.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Excellent performance. Not just in defence. He moved the ball quickly and dealt with pressing easily.
He is levels above Maguire.

2Injurytimegoal

Another solid performance, the clear around the near post in the first half is vital, not afraid of making tackles and won most of them.

Not sure is because of the coaches or learning from Licha, he is more aggressive and more brave this year!

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Always liked him and felt he was more dragged down by system and bad partnerships. Been quality this season when not paired with Maguire.

Revan

Assumptionman
Aggressive Lindelof is a good player. Not as good as Varane or Licha, but makes the drop from them quite small.

Passive Lindelof on the other hand is bad. But we have seen aggressive Lindelof in the last few matches.

Someone

Something
He stepped up big time when we needed him. Definitely secured his place at the club for next season.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
He's had a good few games recently but he really needs to get get rid of the bum fluff on his face!

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He has done very well this season, easily 3rd choice now.

L1nk

He stepped up big time when we needed him. Definitely secured his place at the club for next season.
He has done very well this season, easily 3rd choice now.
I believe he's already hinted that he doesn't want to stick around to just be a bench warmer, so I'm unfortunately expecting him to want to go, even if we sell Maguire and especially if we sign another defender

Sylar

Will be interesting to see which type of clubs come in for him if the club or himself make him available.

Conor

Played very well, but as usual had one glaring error that should have costed us a goal. Happy with him as a backup CB, but doubt he is happy with that role.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
I dont really agree. There have been given quite a bit of attention to the need for speed at the back if we want to play with a high line. I think people ignore that de Ligt, Martinez and Blind are not very fast at all. But they are aggressive.

I think that will be a difference. Our defenders will be instructed/encouraged to be aggressive and command the area between them and the midfielders. While Lindeløf is not an aggressive defender by nature, I do think it could suit him.

I also think he is a player that will enjoy a better structure in buildup. And I think there is a good chance EtH will try to make more use of his ability to break the lines (both with runs and passing).
I think this guy actually called it.

Lost bear

Always loved the iceman, but I have to admit he’s improved a lot this season. Another successful piece of ten Hag coaching.

Ekeke

:lol: Your hate of Varane is hilarious.

Can't even comment on another one of our players without having a dig.
Apparently I hate Lindelof. I say he's doing better than Varane for a game, then I hate Varane.

Its sad how childish some of our posters are.

Jam

He’s totally different player when not next to Maguire, it’s night and day.

I’ve always been less harsh on him than other posters but even still there’s been an improvement in his displays this season. He’s very capable for us as a third choice.

Once we sell Maguire if we replace him with a young but capable centre half we’ll have solid four options, and then Shaw as emergency.

Abraxas

This is one of the better little spells I've seen from Lindelof while he's been here. I don't think I'm ever going to be signing up to the Iceman's fan club, I guess he's just not really my cup of tea with his style of defending, but still, it's nice to see. He could be a steady backup next year as he never seems too demonstrative about the football he should or shouldn't be getting.

Sparky Rhiwabon

I must admit I‘ve not been his biggest fan but he’s starting to win me over - maybe being alongside Maguire was holding him back. I’d now be happy for him to stay as part of the squad.

Dr Foo

With aggression and confidence, this version of him is really good. His raw strengths of passing ability, positioning and composure are good traits to work with

Shimo

He has been immense since coming in, can't think of a single poor performance from him and more so most have been top performances. This has been like when couple years back the Iceman nickname was being thrown about a lot.

I've never really liked his back off approach but, otherwise he is a quality CB. Him and Maguire in a partnership don't work as they don't compliment each other at all but, think along side Martinez, Varane or even Shaw who have good speed, he more than has a place here. Has good ability to both carry the ball and good passing too. With Varane's injury issues, definitely keep him as long as we can.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Excellent. He’s much improved from his wimp days of standing off and getting bullied. He should have done better on that one on one chance at the end where the forward just ran in behind with ease but that aside he was terrific once again.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Another good game, won back a lot of balls like the one that set us up for the goal.
Because he’s not being passive and reactive like he used to be. This is what we are talking about being aggressive and proactive even if it means conceded foul in the middle of the pitch. Not pussy.

Status
Not open for further replies.