Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

JeffFromHK

First goal conceded - he was the only 3 players (him, ronaldo, antony) in our team that didn't sprint back from that counter attack. When the opponent scored he was not even in the screen.

Second goal conceded - he miscontrolled a pass to start the attack for opponent and when opponent scored he was at the edge of the box.

Weak, soft, poor fight and mentality.
Needs to be got rid of.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Lindelof is smart. He's as shit as Maguire is but unlike the fridge he tend to keep a low profile so that no one barely notices him.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
4th choice CB and for good reason.

if I never have to see him slowly jog alongside an attacker with his arms behind his back, i'll be very happy

Olecurls99

He's playing poorly now and is unquestionably a backup but he did play well for us for a few years.

Doracle

I must have missed that bit. Think he may have tackled someone in 2018
There’s no way he ever tackled someone. He probably marked space well for a while between 19-21 though, whilst Maguire did the actual defending.

Gavinb33

He is weak as piss him, like someone said above he is/was far more accountable for some of the rubbish thats gone on for too long defensively but unlike Maguire he isn't captain and wasn't £80 million to buy.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
He is weak as piss him, like someone said above he is/was far more accountable for some of the rubbish thats gone on for too long defensively but unlike Maguire he isn't captain and wasn't £80 million to buy.
I don’t think Maguire should be used as the reason for Lindelof to survive. They both need booted out, sooner the better

golden_blunder

Staff
I dont disagree they both need to leave, what I meant the media and online Twitter fans Lindelof gets basically a free pass at anything they'll find another person to blame
Oh I agree, it drives me mad that a section of the fans can’t see the glaringly obvious

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I mean brilliant passer of a round football to his forward players. He’s not a great defender (although I think better than he’s often credited for) - but that doesn’t mean we have to say that he can’t pass when he can. He does it well, and did it well last night. Hits them over the top very flat with great trajectory when he’s on it, right into the forward’s path with pace.

Be that as it may, if this isn’t the place for that, I’m happy to stick to the script and join in with the kicking, as I don’t think he’s all that either.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I mean brilliant passer of a round football to his forward players. He’s not a great defender (although I think better than he’s often credited for) - but that doesn’t mean we have to say that he can’t pass when he can. He does it well, and did it well last night. Hits them over the top very flat with great trajectory when he’s on it, right into the forward’s path with pace.

Be that as it may, if this isn’t the place for that, I’m happy to stick to the script and join in with the kicking, as I don’t think he’s all that either.
Saying he isn't brilliant passer doesn't mean he can't pass.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
That’s true. But it isn’t saying he’s very good at it either, which he is, to me.
Yeah he is good, much better than Maguire. His ability to pick long pass is very good. His short passing to break the line isn't there, maybe he doesn't back himself to do that.

golden_blunder

Staff

I don’t think he’s consistent enough in doing that, rather he spends much of his time passing back or sideways.
But yes, occasionally he can hit a brilliant long pass, but then so could silvestre who many didn’t rate. Personally the passive style of defending does not work at this level and that criticism will not be softened by the occasional long pass

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I don’t think he’s consistent enough in doing that, rather he spends much of his time passing back or sideways.
But yes, occasionally he can hit a brilliant long pass, but then so could silvestre who many didn’t rate. Personally the passive style of defending does not work at this level and that criticism will not be softened by the occasional long pass
Fair enough, as you were.

criticalanalysis

Agree.

As above, it's a massive stretch to say Lindelof is a brilliant passer and I think you're being very generous. When have we come away from a game more than twice a season where we think 'wow that Lindelof was seriously impressive with his passing'. Martinez has done that more times this season than almost Lindelof's entire Utd career. He has a very good long ball but everything else is average i.e not enough passing between the lines, not enough zip to midfielders/fullback, not enough responsibility to hold onto the ball/dribble etc to find the good angles.

McTominay has a good long shot, does that make him a brilliant finisher?

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Lindelof is smart. He's as shit as Maguire is but unlike the fridge he tend to keep a low profile so that no one barely notices him.

This is my feeling too. Well I'm not sure it's anything to do with being smart. I just think that Maguire's weekly circus act last season diverted attention from the fact Limdelof is literally completely useless at every aspect of defending, and even the stuff he is less bad at he constantly seems too scared to actually do anyway.

I genuinely think if you replaces Varane with him for every game this season, we'd be on 0 points. And it's not like I think Varane is some kind of godlike defender, it's just that every time lindelof has to defend, or even every time the ball is cleared in his direction, it results in the opposition having a free attack on our goal. Even last night against definitely not Celtic B it was happening.

Bobski

He was fine really. Lampard not really looking to challenge he and Lisandro aerially until very late in the game was bizarre to me but thanks Frank.

Mmm-Qatarian

A better showing today, although Varane should still come back into the side when fit.

dronesoul

He was fine really. Lampard not really looking to challenge he and Lisandro aerially until very late in the game was bizarre to me but thanks Frank.
The myth that he can’t defend in the air is still alive?

Status
Not open for further replies.