Victor Lindelöf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man-United

I'm sure Mourinho is going to push Woodward to wrap this deal after watching Smalling today.
If not him, then anyone!

To have Smalling as the backup for 6 weeks when Bailly is away and we know Rojo and Jones has had injuries, it won't be safe at all. Smalling is a joke of a defender these days.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
But what about Smalling? He does play well sometimes

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Perhaps we are waiting for movement on Depay+Schneiderlin first. Does seem odd how he suddenly stopped playing after our reported interest.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
I find this strange, for CB we have five adequate options + youngsters, while for CM we have three adequate options plus backup that is a severe drop in quality.

I would have thought Mou would have prioritized CM this January window.

podurban2

I find this strange, for CB we have five adequate options + youngsters, while for CM we have three adequate options plus backup that is a severe drop in quality.

Maybe Jose is eying up a CM but keeping it on the low-low considering we are still trying to sell Schneiderlin.

EyeInTheSky

I am hoping that its not a case of either or. He may be going for more CM players but it may not have leaked yet while the CB negotiation has. Do you think that Schneiderlin sale needs to be wrapped up first before getting another CM in?

EyeInTheSky

I am somewhat excited by this potential addition. My brother who lives and breathes this stuff rates him highly and says he is like vidic with better dribbling and distribution. I will take someone anywhere near Vidic. Him and Baily would dominate this league with Jones as another option now that he does not injury himself shaving.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
I am hoping that its not a case of either or. He may be going for more CM players but it may not have leaked yet while the CB negotiation has. Do you think that Schneiderlin sale needs to be wrapped up first before getting another CM in?
Really don't know.

Might be a case of the required quality not being available until summer, judging from Jose's transfer dealings so far he likes to shop from the upper echelon and those are rarely available in January.

Bit worried if we rely on our current set of midfielders until summer though, considering we play a high intensity midfield game and a three man midfield, that leaves us with Fellaini as the only backup. One injury to Herrera, Carrick or Pogba and things might go tits up.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
I am somewhat excited by this potential addition. My brother who lives and breathes this stuff rates him highly and says he is like vidic with better dribbling and distribution. I will take someone anywhere near Vidic. Him and Baily would dominate this league with Jones as another option now that he does not injury himself shaving.
Must be good!

AndyJ1985

Doubt there's any CM of sufficient quality who is available in January.

EyeInTheSky

Really don't know.

Might be a case of the required quality not being available until summer, judging from Jose's transfer dealings so far he likes to shop from the upper echelon and those are rarely available in January.

Bit worried if we rely on our current set of midfielders until summer though, considering we play a high intensity midfield game and a three man midfield, that leaves us with Fellaini as the only backup. One injury to Herrera, Carrick or Pogba and things might go tits up.
I am hoping that we start using TFM as a midfield option. I am slightly obsessed by the idea but I truly think that he is would be the perfect compliment to Pogba adding the pace and destroying the opposition attack with his pace and tackling.

AgentP

I thought this move was off. Is it really going to happen? I'm still skeptical. If Jose does sign him, it means he rates him higher than Smalling, Rojo and Jones. I would fully support Jose's decision either way as I trust his judgement when it comes to CBs.

Brophs

The One and Only
Has it been clarified how him signing a new deal would alter the terms of his sell on clause, given that that would be an agreement between the clubs?

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
The whole screwing over his old Swedish team is so dodge. Don't like that one bit about this deal.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
If he is as good at defending as Smalling, Rojo, Jones but better passer than mentioned playeres then im all for it.
Jeez you're asking a lot here. Good in defending as Rojo and Smalling....bloody hell

simmee

Has it been clarified how him signing a new deal would alter the terms of his sell on clause, given that that would be an agreement between the clubs?
I don't know if it has anything to do with this, but I've read that they are trying to sell us Semedo(or whatever his name is) at the same time since there's a clause that something like 20% of his transfer goes back to his former club in Sweden. It might be some kind of play in this.

I also read some interesting stuff about Mendes that he often forces players to let him buy a percentage of the player rights if he's going to get a deal done, and from what I've read he's involved in this. Don't know if that's the case here but seems like a lot of shit is going on in Portugal at least.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
lol yeah.

Apparently one of his great qualities is dominating headers but not just blind defensive ones. He seems to have a nack of directing his defensive headers to a team mate with a high consistency.
Sounds like he would compliment Bailly really well. And anyone who compares (even slightly) favourably with Vidic is more than welcome.

JustJackTheLad

lol yeah.

Apparently one of his great qualities is dominating headers but not just blind defensive ones. He seems to have a nack of directing his defensive headers to a team mate with a high consistency.
Fair play to you buddy, but i've never looked at a defender and thought 'Jesus, he's good at heading out to a teammate.. remember that useless defender we had that directed them like a turd all those years'

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I don't know if it has anything to do with this, but I've read that they are trying to sell us Semedo(or whatever his name is) at the same time since there's a clause that something like 20% of his transfer goes back to his former club in Sweden. It might be some kind of play in this.

I also read some interesting stuff about Mendes that he often forces players to let him buy a percentage of the player rights if he's going to get a deal done, and from what I've read he's involved in this. Don't know if that's the case here but seems like a lot of shit is going on in Portugal at least.
Your first point is probably true. A double deal with Semedo being valued at 60m and Lindelof valued at something daft like 5m. That has been done before. Refduces how much Benfica have to pay but they risk it going to court.
The other point isn't possible EPL rules prohibit 3rd party ownership. So, Man Utd would be buying him outright.

EyeInTheSky

Fair play to you buddy, but i've never looked at a defender and thought 'Jesus, he's good at heading out to a teammate.. remember that useless defender we had that directed them like a turd all those years'
That's because we have been used to "just get your head on it" type players. I am not talking about unchallenged basic headers I mean when there are high balls or crosses. It will mean we can stay composed or hit teams on the counter rather than blindly heading it straight out the center of the box for teams to regain possession and keep us under pressure which I think we can definitely do without.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
How is his surname pronounced, Swedophiles?

My preference is for either Linda Lurve or maybe Linda Loaf.

EyeInTheSky

Your first point is probably true. A double deal with Semedo being valued at 60m and Lindelof valued at something daft like 5m. That has been done before. Refduces how much Benfica have to pay but they risk it going to court.
The other point isn't possible EPL rules prohibit 3rd party ownership. So, Man Utd would be buying him outright.
Just go to fat Sam he will sort you right out. Ahem I mean advise you on the best recourse to take on such matters...

VojjE

How is his surname pronounced, Swedophiles?

My preference is for either Linda Lurve or maybe Linda Loaf.
I can't post any links due to my low standing, but if you google "Lindelöf pronounciation" there will be some audioclips. I reckon the finnish matematician is a fair shout. Linde-lough, with "lough" sounding like a scottish "rough" is also pretty close I guess.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
I can't post any links due to my low standing, but if you google "Lindelöf pronounciation" there will be some audioclips. I reckon the finnish matematician is a fair shout. Linde-lough, with "lough" sounding like a scottish "rough" is also pretty close I guess.
Ta. We shouldn't sign him then, the name does not amuse me sufficiently.

Status
Not open for further replies.