Victor Lindelöf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mihai

Worth pointing out the Spurs bought Dier from the same league Lindelof is at now.

Also someone edited the Sweden national team's wiki page and has Lindelof listed as a United player.
It's probably Benfica's president.

Water Melon

Actually, having a nice round head means that he'd have the lowest surface area to volume ratio for headers.

For comparison:

Note the more quadratic shape of Keane's head, which adds +2 to heading prowess.

Working:

Early contender for the post of the year. Also an appropriate tagline is a must.

Moiraine

Actually, having a nice round head means that he'd have the lowest surface area to volume ratio for headers.

For comparison:

Note the more quadratic shape of Keane's head, which adds +2 to heading prowess.

Working:

Try simple mathematics:-

v+i+c+t+o+r + L+i+n+d+e+l+o+f = M+i+c+h+a+e+l + K+e+a+n+e

=> (22+9+3+20+15+18)
+ (12+9+14+4+5+12+15+6) = (13+9+3+8+1+5+12) + (11+5+1+14+5)

=> 87 + 77 = 51 + 36
=> 164 = 87

=> Victor Lindelof > Michael Keane ........ Hence Proved !

crossy1686

career ending
Swedish newspapers are reporting the following today:

• Manchester United expressed interest in Lindelöf last week.
  • Västerås SK (his first club) are saying they're entitled to a cut of the transfer fee should he move to United, about £8 million (20% re-sale cut), which was written into his original contract.
  • They have been completely ignored by Benfica because Lindelöf has since signed a new contract and they believe the original is now null and void.
  • Västerås have contacted FIFA and will make a case if they do not receive 20% of the transfer fee, should he move.
  • Benfica, this week, have begun talking with Västerås after completely ignoring them all season.
All this was said by the Västerås chairman to the press. He also went on to say "It's clear that we have now got in touch (with Benfica) and we hope to enjoy this at Västerås SK".

News around this potential transfer is that a cut has been agreed by both parties but it's significantly less that 20%. The chairman of Västerås told an unofficial news agency for the team "I can not comment on the content of a possible deal. The fact that I want to confirm is that we had contact with Benfica."

So take from all that what you will. Sounds like something is going on if you ask me otherwise Benfica wouldn't have contacted Västerås.

Last edited:

PieCrust

I'd never heard of Bailly prior to United signing him last year. Turns out he's a pretty good footballer. I'm willing to trust Jose's judgement on this one, if he thinks he's the CB we need to pair with Bailly. Lord knows we need strengthening at CB and having 2 aged under 24 would be a great foundation to build with for the forseeable future.

Peanut Butter

Jose knows a competent defender when he sees one.

I never heard of Vidic when we signed him, either.

José Mateus

Supports
Benfica
"Lindelof is theirs and while he remains theirs, he's theirs."

Ending with a smile. Suspicious

prath92

Swedish newspapers are reporting the following today:

• Manchester United expressed interest in Lindelöf last week.
  • Västerås SK (his first club) are saying they're entitled to a cut of the transfer fee should he move to United, about £8 million (20% re-sale cut), which was written into his original contract.
  • They have been completely ignored by Benfica because Lindelöf has since signed a new contract and they believe the original is now null and void.
  • Västerås have contacted FIFA and will make a case if they do not receive 20% of the transfer fee, should he move.
  • Benfica, this week, have begun talking with Västerås after completely ignoring them all season.
All this was said by the Västerås chairman to the press. He also went on to say "It's clear that we have now got in touch (with Benfica) and we hope to enjoy this at Västerås SK".

News around this potential transfer is that a cut has been agreed by both parties but it's significantly less that 20%. The chairman of Västerås told an unofficial news agency for the team "I can not comment on the content of a possible deal. The fact that I want to confirm is that we had contact with Benfica."

So take from all that what you will. Sounds like something is going on if you ask me otherwise Benfica wouldn't have contacted Västerås.
I could have sworn the exact same thing had been reported in January too.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
What a crazy world we live in. £100 million buys you this nobody and the Dutch donkey Van Dick.

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
No idea, just passing it on and its a portuguese paper they are quoting. So, it is what it is. I cant say one why or the other.
They're quoting A Bola so best ignore. O Jogo is the more reliable one (if there is such a thing). It's the same news that came out earlier today.

Last edited:

djdhrubs

This one sounds very much on with Mourinho's quotes about him. Probably our likeliest transfer at the moment.

Water Melon

For comparison:

Working:

@Damien @Snowjoe @Penna Dear mods this post is craving for an appropriate tagline.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
I don't like him. And don't want him. We need defender who is good on ball also. He is the same type of defender like all others that we have. Pure strenght.
Only blind is different but i doubt that jose sees him as a first option

gr3yham3

I don't like him. And don't want him. We need defender who is good on ball also. He is the same type of defender like all others that we have. Pure strenght.
I haven't seen him in a 90 minutes match, but from what I have seen in clips and read, he does seem pretty good on the ball. That said, Bailly himself is also pretty reasonable on the ball compared to Jones or Smalling. In today's age, how many CBs are there who are both good on the ball and excellent defenders? The day of Nestas and Cannavaros are over, and CBs like Bonucci are not going to be for sale anytime soon. I think the most we can do is get CBs like Lindelof, trust Jose's judgement, and hope they develop in the best way possible.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
That is known to be his strongest point.

Jaxa

I dont know, I like the kid and would love him here, I know Youtube compilations dont tell the full story but I like what I see and think he would be a great addition, seems likeable too for some reason

Oneunited26

Lets see what he brings, he's at a very good age, if he can defend well, has injury record that is very much sound, replaces jones who I expect will leave, that strengthens our defensive options with no injury prone record. Its an upgrade, getting wages off the list repaced for wages where money is spent well, instead of spending it with a doctor, when it should be on the pitch.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
God I hate the transfer window.
What is the problem? Some things you can see from highlights or clips. I didn't say anything about his defending. But hos touch is not so good. As i said i want some defender with excellent ball control. Like bonucci has. Or blind for example.

Z_Wolf

What is the problem? Some things you can see from highlights or clips. I didn't say anything about his defending. But hos touch is not so good. As i said i want some defender with excellent ball control. Like bonucci has. Or blind for example.
This chap is better than both interms of ability with the ball.

ThanksBoss26

Not seen much of him at all.

Looks from that compilation that he plays left side centre back which will compliment Bailly.

Status
Not open for further replies.