g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Victor Lindelöf

Status
Not open for further replies.

buckooo1978

things I didn't envisage saying....

he would have to play very well to keep Rojo out of the side

prtk0811

Yep. Jones can do an alright job there but he's more comfortable on the right you can tell. Smalling at LCB is just a train wreck though unfortunately.
I never though i would have said that , but Blind looks to be a very good LCB except for his physical and aerial qualities, even better than rojo sometimes. Mourinho also must use him in DLP role sometimes during the season.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
oh god no

he's awful at left back
:lol: i thought people would actually know that by now.

Depending on the fee, i think it's a good transfer. He has to work on his aerial game though

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Zlatan sorta confirmed the whole thing some time ago and for that kind of price it's a no risk buy. Lindelof can easily play full season on highest tempo and would bury one of Jones or Smalling who simply can't keep themselves fit for real United standards.

If the story is untrue I'll be personally disappointed. We need tenacious defenders as we can be easily exposed in CL by way better oppo's strikers than in EL. Something needs to happen in that department anyway.

Silverman

Tbh i've gone off Van Dijk a little due to the price and Im not sure about Keane. Lindelof seems to be the best option atm but I havent seen much of him at all tbh. Whats sort of CB is he and who would he be compared to in the PL?

podurban2

He's playing tonight against France in the WC Qualifiers. I'll base his transfer solely on his performance vs Griezmann.

AKDevil

Maybe I (we) have been spoilt by having someone like Ferdinand for so long but these all action defenders...
Can't beat one who is just in the right place, right time all the time who doesn't need all this last-ditch, desperate defending.
Lindelof looks like one of those types. Eventually poor positioning etc will catch them out.

Infra-red

this guy seems very good defender. quick, mobile good in tackles, aerially good and a warrior like Vidic. Passer too. that too with either feet which seems rare. Of course youtube videos are not the be all, but the fact that mourinho, whose last failed CB signing (one that he wanted so dont include djilobodji and all) was boulharouz in 2005 or so, Im fairly confident about this
He's pretty much the polar opposite to Vidic. Quick, good on the ball, poor in the air.

prath92

He's pretty much the polar opposite to Vidic. Quick, good on the ball, poor in the air.
the vidic part was him being a warrior. he doesnt hesitate from going into tackles at the fear of his safety. then again neither does jones

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
This is the case of a boy who cried wolf.
No one believes this crap anymore.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Bring both keane and him in and get rid of smalling/jones... or both even. Bailly, keane, lindelof, rojo and blind is very good and reliable group of defenders.

Infra-red

He is not poor in the air at all, Instead he is a goal scoring threat in opposition box via headers.
'Average' would probably be a fairer description. He's certainly not good in that regard. He's a decent defender though. Stylistically, I think he'd make a better partner for Smalling than Bailly.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself

this guy seems very good defender. quick, mobile good in tackles, aerially good and a warrior like Vidic. Passer too. that too with either feet which seems rare. Of course youtube videos are not the be all, but the fact that mourinho, whose last failed CB signing (one that he wanted so dont include djilobodji and all) was boulharouz in 2005 or so, Im fairly confident about this
He genuinely looks pretty good in the air in this video.

Ventura

Is this reported by anyone else than Portguese media, a.k.a. someone who doesn't just make stuff up out of thin air?

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
More than Jose- when it comes to defenders, our scouting has always been top notch. When was the last time we signed a defender and failed ?

Toad

This guys reads the game really well from what I have seen, can pass pretty well, with strength and good aggression. Better version of Blind in my opinion.

Mihai

Or this could imply Rojo moving wide so that we don't need to sign another LB?
Jose himself mentioned that Rojo at LB and CB are like two different players. I doubt we will see him again at lb apart from maybe when left with no choice.

We need an rvn

More than Jose- when it comes to defenders, our scouting has always been top notch. When was the last time we signed a defender and failed ?
jones, damian...shaw to a degree. Blind I can't ever see turning into a top top centre half on the level of Rio / Vidic / Terry etc.

But I also trust Jose's judgement on defenders and that's been proven with Bailly so if he's in for Lindelof then i'm looking forward to him joining

Status
Not open for further replies.