Victor Lindelöf

Status
Not open for further replies.

NotQuiteManc

One/two year loan deal, or sell with buy back clause wouldn't be too bad, plus would add to his development as well, playing regular football and UCL as well. If he has great potential like Maureen said recently, United shouldn't let him go too easily.

PieCrust

Cautiously optimistic about this one. Can't be any worse than Smalling / Jones. Rojo has only had one short run of form in a United shirt, so I don't really see him as starting material. Similar to the amazing run of form Smalling had 2 years ago under LVG, he if could maintain that level, he'd be amazing. If nothing else, this would put pressure on Rojo to maintain consistent form if he wants playing time.

I just hope we either buy a left back or commit to Shaw, if that's the case. I don't want to see Rojo getting significant time at left back. Or Blind. Or Darmian.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
jones, damian...shaw to a degree. Blind I can't ever see turning into a top top centre half on the level of Rio / Vidic / Terry etc.

But I also trust Jose's judgement on defenders and that's been proven with Bailly so if he's in for Lindelof then i'm looking forward to him joining
Blind - was signed for midfield.
Jones and Shaw - had huge potential but injuries affected them.
Damian - Jury still out. He has proved that he is an excellent defender .

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
He hasn't proven that he's an excellent defender by any means. All season long he was giving away stupid fouls with every tackle. He just couldn't tackle and that's pretty important for a defender.

What he has proven is that he can listen to instructions and learn from it, something he showed towards the end of the season where he played really well defensively. At this moment he is a solid defender that doesn't offer any threat going forward. A good squad option. Whether he can keep consistency remains to be seen.

We need an rvn

Blind - was signed for midfield.
Jones and Shaw - had huge potential but injuries affected them.
the point was you said when did we sign a defender that failed.

Put Jones' injuries aside, he has hardly improved since his 5-6 years or so at the club so that is a fail. He jumps into tackles, doesn't read the game as well as a top class should do.
Shaw you could argue didn't do much in his first 2 years given he was the god-send left back for the next 10 years. I'm not talking since the injury as that's a different kettle of fish.
If Darmian wasn't a fail then what was. He has hardly played and he was signed as our starting rightback and we've played Valencia nearly all season there.

We've made good purchases (Bailly) and bad ones. Simple as that.

Can't say I've seen much of him. I did catch the game in which Messrs. Pulisic & Aubameyang tore them to shreds, but he was basically a spectator. He is cheap though I suppose.

GazTheLegend

He hasn't proven that he's an excellent defender by any means. All season long he was giving away stupid fouls with every tackle. He just couldn't tackle and that's pretty important for a defender.

What he has proven is that he can listen to instructions and learn from it, something he showed towards the end of the season where he played really well defensively. At this moment he is a solid defender that doesn't offer any threat going forward. A good squad option. Whether he can keep consistency remains to be seen.
Great post mate and echoes my feelings quite well.

Darmian had a completely fantastic game in the Europa league but that doesn't cancel out the nightmares he had earlier in the season.

However, Patrice Evra also had a horrible first season and he turned out a club legend.

Darmian definitely has the ability, can't help but feel it's confidence for him.

Man-United

Anyone seen the game? Twitter say he plays very good so far against France. I have not watched a lot at the game.

simmee

Anyone seen the game? Twitter say he plays very good so far against France. I have not watched a lot at the game.
He has been OK/good, hasn't been tested that much and a couple of sloppy moments on the ball.

Giggsyking

Doing a very good match against France now, looks comfortable on the ball in the buildup. Good zone marking.

Art

Art the artist
We can't be signing both him and Keane surely.

So who are we being lied to about?
I think Liverpool would pursue Keane more seriously because of the Van Dijk situation. There's way too much noise about the Lindelof transfer for it not to happen imo.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
First time I've seen him, really impressed.

Him and Bailly as a pairing and we're set for 10 years.

Man-United

Man of the second half tonight alongside J Johansson I think. Didn't watch a lot of the first.

Nick7

I think Liverpool would pursue Keane more seriously because of the Van Dijk situation. There's way too much noise about the Lindelof transfer for it not to happen imo.
same noise happened in january. didn't happen then.

AndyJ1985

If there was any noise from any credible sources I'd agree. But all the noise is from the same Portuguese bullshitters that have lied countless times before.

Scarecrow

Having a week off

We could, if we get rid of both Jones and Mike. I'm not sure how likely it is for Keane to come without playing time assurances though.

Anyway, I like what I saw from LindelON today and that's more than enough for me. Make it happen.

friendlytramp

More full of crap than a curry house toilet
--------------De Gea(Romero)
-----Bailly(Keane)---Rojo(Lindelof)
--------------Fabinho(Carrick)
Valencia(TFM)-----------------Perisic(Shaw)
----Herrera(Fellaini)----Pogba(Pereira)
-----------------Mkhi(Lingard)
----Morata(Rashford)----Belotti(Martial)

Sell:
Jones
Smalling
Darmian
Blind
Mata
Young
Rooney
Januzaj

Last edited:

Reynoldo

--------------de gea
------bailly-----------lindelof
-------------Fabinho
Valencia--------------------perisic
-------herrera------pogba
---------------mkhi
------morata--------belotti
I don't really know what that is but I fecking like it :devil:

Ballache

Supports
Martial
He's good. Commanding, vocal, leadership and always looks for a forward pass. Very impressed with him tonight.

Vashu

Predicted Sanchez's signing announcement
I'm quite impressed with him after tonight's game. What stood out for me was:
-Lindelof is very disciplined in his defensive game. It looked to me like he was the one who's done the best job at adjusting his position on the pitch to keep optimal distances between him and other defenders. Same goes for keeping the offside line.
-very good distribution. It was a bit like seeing prime Blind from his time with us going forward. Has good awareness and isn't afraid of executing ambitious passes. There were 2 iffy situations in the first half. In first he went up the pitch and lost the ball, however imo fault lied on the side of recipient as that guy stopped to create a passing option for Victor yet moved backwards at the pinpoint moment the ball was kicked towards him. In the second one he got closed down with French player partially interfering with Lindelof's pass that was in consequence slightly underhit yet still accurate and they've managed to retain possession.
-he was good in the air clearing the danger in most cases.

I'd be seriously disappointed if we somehow failed to bring him in. If Shaw could realize his potential we could have the best defense in the PL next season and not due to being Mourinho's defensively shaped team. Count me steeping onto Lindelof's bandwagon.

wolvored

Put Jones' injuries aside, he has hardly improved since his 5-6 years or so at the club so that is a fail. He jumps into tackles, doesn't read the game as well as a top class should do.
Shaw you could argue didn't do much in his first 2 years given he was the god-send left back for the next 10 years. I'm not talking since the injury as that's a different kettle of fish.
If Darmian wasn't a fail then what was. He has hardly played and he was signed as our starting rightback and we've played Valencia nearly all season there.

Yes I would agree with that. I would even say Smalling overall is a liability. he had a good spell 2 seasons ago but overall its a no from me.

wolvored

I'd say Keane. It seems to have gone quiet over him. The press are making out 2 medicals next week. Could be Morata and Lindelof.

bond19821982

Wrong - my point was more about our scouting team finding right players for our defence and they did it right incase of jones,shaw and darmian. scouting team can only get you rough diamonds and they cant predict what will happen in next 5 years. We can't put injuries on scouting team.

bond19821982

I wish we did the same for Evra and Vidic. Point is - there is a room for improvement and he has shown the same. So too early to pass on him . Give one more year and if he doesnt improve, then we agree and move on . Until then, for me jury is still out. For the same reason I think, we wouldn't be signing a left back this year.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
He'd cost more than Keane I think, so I'm gonna assume he's ahead of Keane in the wishlist. If we are interested.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
--------------De Gea(Romero)
-----Bailly(Keane)---Rojo(Lindelof)
--------------Fabinho(Carrick)
Valencia(TFM)-----------------Perisic(Shaw)
----Herrera(Fellaini)----Pogba(Pereira)
-----------------Mkhi(Lingard)
----Morata(Rashford)----Belotti(Martial)

Sell:
Jones
Smalling
Darmian
Blind
Mata
Young
Rooney
Januzaj
Why do people continue to put Perisic as a left back, ffs. It's not Pep's team, and Fabinho won't drop back as a 3rd CB

Zoo

According to this Swedish site Lindelöf to United is very close and only small details remain. There is a video where they ask him about it but he refuses to comment.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi

According to this Swedish site Lindelöf to United is very close and only small details remain. There is a video where they ask him about it but he refuses to comment.
Are they just copying the stories from the Portuguese press or is this their own story?

Status
Not open for further replies.