Victor Osimhen

croadyman

I really hope he doesn't end up at another PL team. I'd be disappointed enough if we decided to opt for Kane over him as is, let alone with the risk of having to watch them both in the same league. If not us then let him go to PSG or Bayern.
Maybe Erik wants more of a striker who will get involved in the buildup too. I am not saying that's the right way of thinking but just looks that way

Mainoldo

I really hope he doesn't end up at another PL team. I'd be disappointed enough if we decided to opt for Kane over him as is, let alone with the risk of having to watch them both in the same league. If not us then let him go to PSG or Bayern.
I would love to see him at Chelsea. More unorganised carnage.

ShinjiNinja26

So Chelsea are planning on signing a £120m striker to replace the £100m striker that’s returning from being on loan after spending over half a billion in the last 2 seasons?

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Maybe Erik wants more of a striker who will get involved in the buildup too. I am not saying that's the right way of thinking but just looks that way
Could be and maybe he'll be right.

I'd much prefer to see what Osimhen brings added to our team and see Chelsea spend 100m+ on the 30 year old Kane, but whatever. If we end up with Kane I'll try to convince myself it's a good idea.

JuriM

I remember a few Chelsea fans on here saying there wouldn't be anymore silly spending from them in the summer?
They don't have a proper striker in their squad, so buying an elite one isn't silly "spending" - if they buy 2 more 100m guys in the midfield then it's silly.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
After much deliberation, Osimhen is a firm ‘no’ from me. He is just too poor on the ball. Which is so unfortunate. Inside the penalty box, he’s the perfect striker for us. He also presses exceptionally well, and has the speed and power to stretch opponents. But his hold up/link play, manipulation of the ball are all at a dreadful standard - which, despite him being fast, will hinder the speed of our attacks on many occasions.

I think Kolo Muani is a better player than Osimhen having watched them both extensively this season. He’s even a better ‘finisher’, although not the better ‘goalscorer’. Osimhen is a better scorer because he has more natural striker instincts. He will score more goals because he will arrive in the position to score goals more frequently. And he is probably the best striker in the world in the air. But the art of actually beating the keeper with a shot, I think his technique is average.

Despite my reservations with Harold, I’d take Kane ahead of Osimhen. He has so much more quality, although a handful of major caused for concern. Everything considered, RKM is my guy and I hope we get him.

Valencia Shin Crosses

After much deliberation, Osimhen is a firm ‘no’ from me. He is just too poor on the ball. Which is so unfortunate. Inside the penalty box, he’s the perfect striker for us. He also presses exceptionally well, and has the speed and power to stretch opponents. But his hold up/link play, manipulation of the ball are all at a dreadful standard - which, despite him being fast, will hinder the speed of our attacks on many occasions.

I think Kolo Muani is a better player than Osimhen having watched them both extensively this season. He’s even a better ‘finisher’, although not the better ‘goalscorer’. Osimhen is a better scorer because he has more natural striker instincts. He will score more goals because he will arrive in the position to score goals more frequently. And he is probably the best striker in the world in the air. But the art of actually beating the keeper with a shot, I think his technique is average.

Despite my reservations with Harold, I’d take Kane ahead of Osimhen. He has so much more quality, although a handful of major caused for concern. Everything considered, RKM is my guy and I hope we get him.
Yeah Kolo is the right call I think. For the price, Osimhen just brings too many drawbacks considering we are on a strict budget. Honestly I'd want Kane less than Osimhen though. I really think people underestimate how much of that Spurs team is strictly built around him. The lack of mobility and pressing just screams red flag for 100m

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Yeah Kolo is the right call I think. For the price, Osimhen just brings too many drawbacks considering we are on a strict budget. Honestly I'd want Kane less than Osimhen though. I really think people underestimate how much of that Spurs team is strictly built around him. The lack of mobility and pressing just screams red flag for 100m
I don’t disagree. There is no ‘perfect’ option. RKM is a perfect option based on attributes, as in - in the event that he adapts and develops well he probably has the best toolkit.

That said, for Kane’s deficiencies in pressing and mobility, there are also some undeniable outstanding qualities. For Osimhen’s weaknesses, there are also undeniable outstanding qualities, however, there’s more a possibility that outstanding strength and pace may be somewhat neutralised in translation. For me, neither Osimhen or Kane can play the sort of football we like to play at our very best. Kane because he is too slow to keep up, and Osimhen because his feet are not good enough to keep up. I fear for Osimhen if he is required to take more than two touches of the football personally. Maybe even if he is required to take more than one. However, if we are able to engineer a lot of scenarios where his first or at most, second contact with the ball is a shot - he can be an asset.

NoPace

isn't Nkunku coming in?
I guess they could start:

----------Osimhen-------
Mudryk-Nkunku-Madueke
------Enzo--Kovacic/Kante

as a front 6.

It's really too bad Nkunku isn't coming to us, think he'd look really good for us as a false 9 type

Valencia Shin Crosses

I don’t disagree. There is no ‘perfect’ option. RKM is a perfect option based on attributes, as in - in the event that he adapts and develops well he probably has the best toolkit.

That said, for Kane’s deficiencies in pressing and mobility, there are also some undeniable outstanding qualities. For Osimhen’s weaknesses, there are also undeniable outstanding qualities, however, there’s more a possibility that outstanding strength and pace may be somewhat neutralised in translation. For me, neither Osimhen or Kane can play the sort of football we like to play at our very best. Kane because he is too slow to keep up, and Osimhen because his feet are not good enough to keep up. I fear for Osimhen if he is required to take more than two touches of the football personally. Maybe even if he is required to take more than one. However, if we are able to engineer a lot of scenarios where his first or at most, second contact with the ball is a shot - he can be an asset.
Osimhen would be a better fit if we had a squad more similar to City in profile: high technicality and supreme ball retention surrounding the striker. Then you just tell him to get on the end of chances and run channels. But we don't, we are much more suited to a more direct style based in transitions and taking risks with the ball, and that could definitely cause Osimhen to be relied upon in areas that he doesn't thrive in.

Pintu

He just finished his season with 26 goals. But the more telling stat is he scored 24 non-penalty goals. The first to do so in six years, since Dzeko did better back in 2016/17 (He scored 29, with only 1 penalty). Dzeko had Salah and a very offensive playing AS Roma beside him that year…

As a comparison, Ronaldo’s best total during his 3 seasons in Italy was 23 non-pen goals. To the lazy ones who love comparing Osimhen to Lukaku, the Belgian best season in Serie A was 18 non-pen goals in 20/21… The last time Lukaku scored 24 non-pen goals was in the PL with Everton back in 16/17…

goatmeister

Supports
PSKI
I reckon Osimhen will have the same trajectory as Darwin here.
The skillset are pretty similar, with the former being a year older.
He'll need time to settle down.
His 1st and 2nd season at Napoli was just decent, nothing to shout about. (He did suffer dreadful injury)
Only in his 3rd season did he exploded, coinciding with Napoli's scintillating form in the league.
Which one causes other?
I don't know; but Kvaratskhelia, Anguisa, Zielinski, and Kim Min Jae are all having superb season.

The asking price is north of Euro100mil, no way he'll be cheaper than Darwin.
Whichever way we look, it's significant risk.

If he does come to EPL next season, Isak will be the better player.

Abraxas

At that price it's a lot more appealing than spending similar amounts on Harry Kane. At least to my eyes. This would be an investment for his contract and then a likely renewal along the way. That would be the aim, anyway. You'd be getting at least 5-6 years for sure out of a player there, maybe more or maybe he gets sold eventually recouping some money. It's very expensive, no two ways about it but the longer you're going to get out of the player at his peak the better justification for these ridiculous numbers in football.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Hard to say how prolific he might turn out in the PL in terms of numbers, but I think he’d be an absolute nightmare for defenders either way and certainly help diversify our attack. He may not look a great fit for Rashford on paper but not sure building our attack around Rashford is the way to go anyway.

flappyjay

He just finished his season with 26 goals. But the more telling stat is he scored 24 non-penalty goals. The first to do so in six years, since Dzeko did better back in 2016/17 (He scored 29, with only 1 penalty). Dzeko had Salah and a very offensive playing AS Roma beside him that year…

As a comparison, Ronaldo’s best total during his 3 seasons in Italy was 23 non-pen goals. To the lazy ones who love comparing Osimhen to Lukaku, the Belgian best season in Serie A was 18 non-pen goals in 20/21… The last time Lukaku scored 24 non-pen goals was in the PL with Everton back in 16/17…
The only concern for me is his previous 2 average seasons. Hopefully his current form is who he is now.

fezzerUTD

These Utd links to top strikers are absolute bs. Leaks to keep the fans onside. Kane going to Real has ruined that bit of bull crap now they are moving onto this guy.

skc_18

The only concern for me is his previous 2 average seasons. Hopefully his current form is who he is now.
In the last 4 seasons , except for 1 season, he is averaging a goal in 2 matches. It is not a bad record.
His goal record for his country is also not bad. If he averages 1 in 2 matches I think it would still be a great improvement for us.

zaafi

In the last 4 seasons , except for 1 season, he is averaging a goal in 2 matches. It is not a bad record.
His goal record for his country is also not bad. If he averages 1 in 2 matches I think it would still be a great improvement for us.
The problem is that he doesn't bring much else to the table other than goals, and if we're going to get a striker like that, he needs to score a lot consistently.
A fair amount of his goals are also due to extremely bad goalkeeping and headers, so we'd have to adapt to his aerial ability and cross better. Only Shaw is really good at it.

skc_18

The problem is that he doesn't bring much else to the table other than goals, and if we're going to get a striker like that, he needs to score a lot consistently.
A fair amount of his goals are also due to extremely bad goalkeeping and headers, so we'd have to adapt to his aerial ability and cross better. Only Shaw is really good at it.
Thank you for clarifying, I dont watch Serie-A at all. In that case, it would be a worry too, hope we wont end up in a situation similar to Lukaku.
We really have a group of very bad crossers, so if aerial ability is his best strength we will not be able to utilize him completely.

flappyjay

For what we might have to spend on him, he can't just be an improvement. He has to be the striker we believe can help us challenge for the title.

skc_18

For what we might have to spend on him, he can't just be an improvement. He has to be the striker we believe can help us challenge for the title.
No doubt, but with 1 in 2 output we are talking about 15-20 goals in the league alone. If we had a CF like that last season, we probably would have challenged for the title.