Victor Osimhen

zaafi

Ask Kane or Rice or countless others, if Napoli don’t sell this season then they’ll offer a substantial pay rise so they remain in power if anyone comes calling.
Still dumb decision by the player. In two years, he could go for free to a big club and therefore demand massive wages as the buying club don't have to pay a transfer fee. I guess he wants more money immediately, but that could cost him in the future.

davidmichael

Still dumb decision by the player. In two years, he could go for free to a big club and therefore demand massive wages as the buying club don't have to pay a transfer fee. I guess he wants more money immediately, but that could cost him in the future.
For the most part footballers seem to be very short sighted and get lost in the immediate money often on offer.

justboy68

He really cannot blame anyone but himself when no big clubs are in for him
Maybe he's fairly happy in Napoli anyway? Super passionate fanbase where you are a hero having just helped them to first title in years. Good food and a fun city. Decent chance of more titles in the future. It's not like being stuck at West Ham or something.

izec

In other words ‘offer us £100 million and we’ll talk, if not we’ll extend his contract’
100m is too low. They bought him for a high amount. And Napoli aint easy to deal with. I think we are looking at 120-130m. Nobody is going to spend that on him.

davidmichael

100m is too low. They bought him for a high amount. And Napoli aint easy to deal with. I think we are looking at 120-130m. Nobody is going to spend that on him.
This keeps getting said and has been proven wrong, Napoli sent three very over quoted players the opposite way to Lille to make it come across like a far higher price and deal.

I think they only paid something like £45 million for Osimhen but yes their chairman is even harder to negotiate with than Levy at Spurs is, that said though outside of Mbappe or Haaland you never know what an owner will say when £100 million is on the table until it officially is.

tomaldinho1

Got to at least put in a £75m and see what they say. He’s one of two strikers I think look Bona fide elite level right now that seem open to a move. The other won’t be allowed to leave Spurs.

zaafi

Got to at least put in a £75m and see what they say. He’s one of two strikers I think look Bona fide elite level right now that seem open to a move. The other won’t be allowed to leave Spurs.
Honestly don't think there's anything elite about him apart from his aerial/heading ability and his work rate. He has a lot to work on before being elite.

tomaldinho1

Honestly don't think there's anything elite about him apart from his aerial/heading ability and his work rate. He has a lot to work on before being elite.
Which he will do being only 24? A lot of this is subjective but he's also lightening quick which you've left out & something we desperately need.

His finishing isn't Kane level but it is very consistent (his xG was 26 and he scored 26 in Serie A as proof) so if he's fast, works hard, good in the air and decent, if not elite, at finishing that sounds like a player we need.

Redcy

they’ll laugh at you for £75m, that would genuinely look embarrassing. No way they sell for less than 100m squids

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Some players don't eagerly take the 'step up' to being just another cog in a behemoth's machine. We can slam them for 'lacking ambition', but the reality is that they're giving up some serious adoration and adulation to make those big moves, sometimes never again having such a rapport with a fanbase. Osimhen is a god at Napoli. He is adored; celebrated in murals and the city is eternally grateful for his contribution to the league title. Wherever he goes from Napoli, all that camaraderie is gone; he might even have a tough time of it and be turned on by his new supporters, which must surely be utterly surreal and a headspinner (I bet Sancho has this ringing in his head once in a while, at least).

This isn't the same case as someone like Kane, for whom, staying at Spurs has people question him; Napoli played scintillating football last season and were exceptional until they derailed. There's no reason for him to just up sticks and leave, as perhaps this is the start of a legacy for them?

I know people expect players to simply hop-scotch from smaller clubs to the 'big time' but it's extremely rarely the case of a league winner from a top division being effortlessly scooped up; it's usually top players at nearly clubs that give them every reason to believe they've hit their wall with them by the end of gruelling campaigns where they've played well, but ultimately fallen short. It's not the case for Osimhen - the guy has come out of this campaign a winner and celebrated player who may cement his profile by staying on at Napoli for another season or two.

Doesn't seem lamentable that the premium you pay for him is different to most other strikers on the market, after all, it's not many league-winning strikers even being pursued because they are at the pinnacle of at least the league they're in, which rightly would come with a severe tax should you try and buy them.

It would also be really stupid of Napoli to not wait and see what oil money comes in for the player's signature. With all that M.E. cash up for grabs, you surely wait things out and see if any of is wafted your way, and then either take what's on offer or use it as a baseline negotiation tool against other clubs.

Rolaholic

No surprise after they apparently extended him for 2 years, they've got all the leverage on their side now

MUFC OK

get Ramos for £65m. Hojlund not ready to lead the attack and overpriced at £60m.

Kane for free next summer.

zaafi

get Ramos for £65m. Hojlund not ready to lead the attack and overpriced at £60m.

Kane for free next summer.
Neither of them are ready, but Højlund has a much higher ceiling, in my opinion. Besides, Benfica aren't selling for £65m. Think Darwin Nunez and that price is more like what the buying club has to pay.

Bojan Djordjic

The only concern for me is his previous 2 average seasons. Hopefully his current form is who he is now.
Not really a concern though. He played far few games in those seasons and he's a relatively young player who has just improved a lot in his early twenties as you'd expect. His underlying numbers were still very healthy on a per minute basis.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Yeah this one is well and truly done and dusted. Napoli are always tough to buy from the second they have know they've got a star player. It's the reason why Koulibaly was prized out of a month until he was passed his best.

We correctly will not spend >£150million on Osimhen.

Pintu

No surprise after they apparently extended him for 2 years, they've got all the leverage on their side now
He hasn't extended yet...

They are offering him a contract, but he hasn't signed it yet. It seems his representation will negotiate it next week with Napoli. If he isn't too dumb, he will insist on a reasonable (around 100M maybe?) release clause.

Stadjer

He hasn't extended yet...

They are offering him a contract, but he hasn't signed it yet. It seems his representation will negotiate it next week with Napoli. If he isn't too dumb, he will insist on a reasonable (around 100M maybe?) release clause.
For him, i hope he doesnt have Harry Kane his brother as an agent :lol:

MUFC OK

Neither of them are ready, but Højlund has a much higher ceiling, in my opinion. Besides, Benfica aren't selling for £65m. Think Darwin Nunez and that price is more like what the buying club has to pay.
Ramos is more established than Hojlund. 22 goals last season including in the CL. Hattrick at the World Cup. More ready made to hit the ground running.

We also have Bruno, Dalot, Casemiro, Antony as Portuguese speakers. If it’s between these two then Ramos, even at 20m more is the play.

Considering we need a sure thing in terms of goalscoring, Kane should still be top of the list unless it’s impossible this summer.

Tarrou

I doubt he'll extend his contract to be honest

will probably leave next summer

Wezzaldo

Maybe he's fairly happy in Napoli anyway? Super passionate fanbase where you are a hero having just helped them to first title in years. Good food and a fun city. Decent chance of more titles in the future. It's not like being stuck at West Ham or something.
Naples is an absolute dump of a city rife with crime.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Napoli are the Spurs of Italy but they actually win stuff from time to time.

If he wants to leave at any point, he needs to run down his contract. Next summer, we could potentially get him and/or Kane for 100m.

Nickosaur

Naples is an absolute dump of a city rife with crime.
Really? I though opinions of the city had started to change in the last decade or so.
I was in Naples last week, loved it. So unique and full of history and character.
Put it this way, Osimhen wouldn't be joining to live in Manchester :lol:

Wezzaldo

Really? I though opinions of the city had started to change in the last decade or so.
I was in Naples last week, loved it. So unique and full of history and character.
Put it this way, Osimhen wouldn't be joining to live in Manchester :lol:
To be fair I’ve not been there in about 15 years :lol:

goatmeister

Supports
PSKI
they’ll laugh at you for £75m, that would genuinely look embarrassing. No way they sell for less than 100m squids
Aye. In the world where Darwin Nuñez cost £85m (incl add-ons), no way Osimhen would fetch anything less than £100m.
Add to that De Laurentiis is a PITA to negotiate with.
If PSG is somehow involved, the figure would end up to be £130m most likely.

croadyman

If he wants to leave at any point, he needs to run down his contract. Next summer, we could potentially get him and/or Kane for 100m.
Wish we could get one of them

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser

:nono:

Redcy

Aye. In the world where Darwin Nuñez cost £85m (incl add-ons), no way Osimhen would fetch anything less than £100m.
Add to that De Laurentiis is a PITA to negotiate with.
If PSG is somehow involved, the figure would end up to be £130m most likely.
Almost certain that Osimehn goes for no less than 120-130m, Napoli have no reason to sell for anything less, and the fact is there is feck all else on the market

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Tbh given the fees other player are going for £120m+ seems an entirely reasonable fee to expect for Osimhen. It just isn't one anybody looks likely to pay this summer.

TheRedHearted

Almost certain that Osimehn goes for no less than 120-130m, Napoli have no reason to sell for anything less, and the fact is there is feck all else on the market
They could sign four quality players for that money for their CL campaign.. but who knows. I suppose Osimhen is worth more for his goal threat

Well yeah, Kane will be on a free and if we land Hoyland doubt we would sign osimhen for that fee.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
They could sign four quality players for that money for their CL campaign.. but who knows. I suppose Osimhen is worth more for his goal threat

Well yeah, Kane will be on a free and if we land Hoyland doubt we would sign osimhen for that fee.
I think a good plan would have been Kane this year and Ferguson next year. But of course Glazers...

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
They bought him for 70m