Vidic

Sir A1ex

:houllier::rolleyes:

I would rather let him go on free after 2 years than sell him right now.
So would I, undoubtedly. To be honest, I don't get the impression that our transfer budget is affected much by sales anyway. It seems like there's a certain reasonable but not massive amount there for Fergie to spend whatever - it's not like selling Ronaldo for £80m led to a splurge of silly money on players.

Kelvin

Vidic to miss Benfica clash as United opt against two-match UEFA ban appeal

Manchester United captain Nemanja Vidic will miss next week's Champions League visit of Benfica after the club decided against a decision to appeal the defender's two-match ban.

Vidic was dismissed in United's 2-0 win over Romanian outfit Otelu Galati last month after a late foul on striker Gabriel Giurgiu.

United boss Sir Alex Ferguson thought the red card was 'very harsh' at the time before admitting German referee Wolfgang Stark had a different interpretation of the tackle.

He said: 'I can understand the referee’s interpretation because German football is different to England.'

The Serbian has already served part of his suspension, missing the recent return fixture at Old Trafford.

His absence could cause United a problem, however, if they pick up any injuries at Swansea this weekend.

Chris Smalling is already sidelined leaving Rio Ferdinand, Jonny Evans and Phil Jones as Ferguson's remaining defensive options in a game that would see last season's finalists United secure qualification to the knockout stages should they beat the Portuguese outfit.

Read more: Nemanja Vidic to miss Benfica game due to suspension | Mail Online

Shimo

Love Vida but, a more consistent backline is probably more important for our defensive solidity than even just him.

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck
Terrible injury, without him our season is fecked. Simple as.

Lance Uppercut

Out for the season according to the, frankly startling amount of Doctors in the match day thread.

Commadus

Looks like an acl or mcl. If its both even worse. It dies nit look good his reaction says it all. The awkward angle he got his knee into.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Our season just got a whole lot gloomier. Now we need to buy a defender. We've got Evans, Jones, Smalling, Evra, semi-Rio and two twins that count as one player left.

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
His reaction at first worried me but I think he'll be out for a month or so, likely to be a twist.

Lynk

We have a good group of cb's but any team would sorely miss the best defender in world football, I pray his injury isn't a serious as it looked.
We have an alright group. But due to the twins being made of glass Jones and Smalling haven't had much time there. Rio is good, but he is always prone to injuries.

Ralaks

Vidic is a insanely big part of our defense, we've had as many clean sheets with him in defense as without this season and Vidic has been out for a big part. I fear for us if we're to be without him tbh, unless we get back to being as free scoring as previously this season.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I think his career might be over. Will be lucky to be able to run at full speed again.

The Physio

Certainly MCL, sadly it'll probably be an ACL too.

6-8 weeks minimum, more likely 6-9 months.

All 3 United

His tinfoil hat protects him from the Glazers.
Huge loss, doesn't take a doctor to see that is at least 3 months out probably a lot more.

If we had a decent central midfielder, Jones would have been able to step back and play there but we don't do we have liability Evans, I hope they haven't been watching him because if they have expect a lot of high balls into our box.

Lynk

what the feck happend ? just came from work :(
Ball came up to the half way line, attacker tried to shepherd the ball with his back to the goal, vidic tried to wrap his foot around and his knee buckled.