Vidic

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
To think I doubted this man in his first few games for us.

He's the perfect defender for me. Good in the air, can tackle, excellent positioning, physically and mentally strong, has enough pace and will score you a few goals througout the season.

Red Pavan

shittest username ever manutddabest791
Only been half of the season, more contenders will arise as the season progresses. But, you are right there are two gods playing for us.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
IMO, the best defender right now. Whatever you throw at him, he will clear it! Plus wins every header

GDH

8 clean sheets in a row in the league, and a whole lot of that is down to Vidic. He has truly been fantastic this season, and I agree with Rahul, it's a toss up between him and Evra as our player of the season so far.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
If we win the league, you'd think he'll be a firm favourite for it. Far and away our best player so far.

And if Liverpool win it I'd say Alonso's most likely going to get it.

Anduin

He turned into some kind of superhuman at the beginning of the season. Five goals as well so far, that's actually phenomenal.
Eight clean sheets in a row in the league, mainly down to Vidic being outstanding.

TuTuHimm

Can definitely write definitely correctly
He's been a monster in Ferdinands absence.

Its was brilliant when he blocked the defenders from following Berba when Berbatov scored.

Fergies Formula

I cant speak highly enough of this man, he is so good at defending its incredible, if your a young kid looking to become a defender then look no further than vidic to learn from, he is such a great centre half and i dont think he gets the true credit he deserves because of ferdiands slick and cultured way of playing, vidic is as good as ferdinand in my eyes, they are just different and compliment each other so well

Brwned

Not true, Evra started the season superbly and has also been immense.
It's the difference between being player of the season and being in the team of the season.

Evra hasn't been at the same level, and more often than not gets a bit overrated on here anyway.

Rahul

It's the difference between being player of the season and being in the team of the season.

Evra hasn't been at the same level, and more often than not gets a bit overrated on here anyway.
Have you been knocking back the Jack Daniels today Brwned because it seems like your going on the complete WUM around the caf

Skelter

Internet GYPO
He's been brilliant when Rio's been injured too, really taking command of the back line and helping Evans and Rafael out.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
he is such a great centre half and i dont think he gets the true credit he deserves because of ferdiands slick and cultured way of playing, vidic is as good as ferdinand in my eyes, they are just different and compliment each other so well
Nah, Ferdinand has definitely been better for the last two seasons. Vidic was very good of course, but Ferdinand was probably the best defender in the world.

This season however, Vidic has stepped up another level and if he can keep it up for the rest of the season then we can say that he has been just as good as Rio was for the previous two.

Brwned

Have you been knocking back the Jack Daniels today Brwned because it seems like your going on the complete WUM around the caf
Evra's getting an 8.5 out of me this season.

Vidic has been a 9.5

Different levels.

And Evra does get overrated, brilliant player that he is, in the same way Anderson does/did last season.

Fergies Formula

Nah, Ferdinand has definitely been better for the last two seasons. Vidic was very good of course, but Ferdinand was probably the best defender in the world.

This season however, Vidic has stepped up another level and if he can keep it up for the rest of the season then we can say that he has been just as good as Rio was for the previous two.
I was talking about this season, and agree with what you say, over this season ferdinand has been below vidic, but that is a combination of vidic stepping up and ferdinand not being as good.

what a partnership though.

Ekeke

The best thing I've seen recently with Ferdinand missing is how Vidic has taken command. He's acted like a captain of late.

Vidic is a leading contender for those accolades for sure. But there is still much of the season to go and lets hope he can sustain this level of performance. Lets also hope our other players raise their game to match his displays in the games to come.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Is there a better defender than him in world football at the moment? I watch Spanish and English football and IMO he is the best right now.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Evra's getting an 8.5 out of me this season.

Vidic has been a 9.5

Different levels.

And Evra does get overrated, brilliant player that he is, in the same way Anderson does/did last season.
Evra is not overrated, he helps our attack so much its not even funny... Vidic is a top player though, has been for a while...

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
I used to think Vidic needed Rio to be truely World Class, i now realise i was talking shit.

Our best player so far this season definitely.

Vinay

Muppet in Training
Keep it going strong, Nemanja...

I think it is no coincidence that he had such a great game today after the arrival of two other Serbs... It will give that little bit of something to keep going stronger all the time...

A year back or so, many were laughing when some of us were pointing that Vidic could be better than Terry. Today, the same should quite clearly accept to eat back their words...

uae

Desperately wants a tagline under his name
With Rio out, he's really stepped up to the plate and made the role of leader his own at the back. Impossible not to love him.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
With Rio out, he's really stepped up to the plate and made the role of leader his own at the back. Impossible not to love him.
Yup.

And his celebration against Sunderand still makes me grin like an idiot.

Gazza

Affection is often conveyed better by gesture than words. Somebody once asked Rio Ferdinand whether John Terry was the bravest footballer he knew. Ferdinand chuckled and glanced behind him. There stood Nemanja Vidic, sporting fresh wounds from a game Manchester United had just completed, broken nose snaking down his craggy face. Ferdinand looked back at the questioner, eyebrows raised, not needing to say a thing. Point made.
Rest of article: http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/chelsea/article5488907.ece

Leg-End

Since Vidic arrived, United’s obduracy has increased. They have conceded 51 times in his 85 league appearances — one goal per 150 minutes of football. In 10 seasons pre-Vidic, opponents scored against United once every 95 minutes.
From that article, unbelievable stat.

Ekeke

Not blessed with the greatest amount of pace, but he's usually surrounded by defenders who do have a lot of pace. When you play central like that, you're hardly ever exposed anyway - or you shouldnt be.

jveezy

Fo' shizzle
Funny how years ago we were arguing about whether Sir Alex has lost it when he signed Evra and Vidic in the January window, and now we're arguing about which of the two is our best player this season.

cacs

Is he just making Rio look even better than he really is...because Evans is even looking up there with the best in the league.

Vidic without doubt the most inform CB in Europe.