Vidic

Neutral

BTV
Just about perfect today. Bossing everything in the air, and organizing everything in front of him.

Back 4 as a unit actually played really well, Linde had nothing to do.

KingEric7

Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker
Am I right in saying that he won 3 headers in the space of about 10 seconds at one point towards the end (stream was a bit fuzzy - couldn't tell)? He was great, today.

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
Am I right in saying that he won 3 headers in the space of about 10 seconds at one point towards the end (stream was a bit fuzzy - couldn't tell)? He was great, today.
There was one when he jumped through a Sunderland player and Rooney to head away, also at the end Jones won a header and Vidic was right behind trying to win it. He's a fecking beast, has a nice little two week break now as well.

wr8_utd

:'(
We conceded less than 10 shots for the first time in a PL game this season.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
The strange thing was that he actually lost quite a few headers today, against Ji Dong-Won of all people. I know he's actually almost as tall as Vida, but I still found it funny that an asian (generally a couple of inches shorter) was giving him so much trouble in the air. That's racist!

Of course, as we entered the final 7 or 8 minutes Vida decided he was going to turn into a human wall and won everything that came even close to the box.

Dion

Of course, as we entered the final 7 or 8 minutes Vida decided he was going to turn into a human wall and won everything that came even close to the box.
I did lol at him destroying everyone in the last 10 minutes, Bentdner, Ji... Phil Jones :lol:

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Hopefully another bollocks article:

Manchester United to sell Nemanja Vidic to Real Madrid | Mail Online

Sir Alex Ferguson is prepared to rip the heart from his defence next summer and sell Nemanja Vidic to Real Madrid.

Real coach Jose Mourinho continues to eye Vidic as he looks to build a team that can wrest the Champions League crown from their great rivals Barcelona.

Ferguson understandably will not countenance letting his club captain go in the forthcoming January transfer window.

But Sportsmail understands that, remarkably, Ferguson will consider selling Vidic next summer if his old friend Mourinho comes up with enough money to enable United to buy a replacement.

With doubts over Rio Ferdinand’s long-term future at Old Trafford, selling Vidic at a time when young defenders such as Phil Jones, Chris Smalling and Jonny Evans are still developing would appear to be a huge risk.

However, it is understood that Ferguson is no longer convinced that Vidic is 100 per cent committed to life at United and has been less than impressed with the Serb’s efforts so far this season.

Ferguson had similar doubts two years ago but Vidic managed to allay them and signed a new contract early last season.

That deal will have only two years left at the end of the season which, from one point of view, would make it the perfect time to sell.

Vidic is not agitating for a move. Despite persistent rumours about his wife being unhappy, the 30-year-old and his family have settled in the North West and have recently been trying to buy property.

But Ferguson has a history of selling important players when he feels they are no longer totally in line — and is usually proved right.

Stars such as Jaap Stam, David Beckham and Ruud van Nistelrooy were moved on when they had plenty of football left in them, but the United manager still managed to drive his team to success without them.

Vidic has played only three Barclays Premier League games this season after suffering a calf injury on the opening weekend at West Bromwich Albion. He did, however, irritate Ferguson by playing in an international for Serbia just a few days before making a disastrous return for United in the Champions League at Otelul Galati, where he was sent off.

Ferguson left his captain in the stands for the 6-1 defeat at home to Manchester City but praised him after he returned to help United keep clean sheets against Everton and Sunderland on the past two weekends.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
It would be a daft move to sell him and we won't. He's the best defender in the world and with the rest of our defence full of youngsters (barring Rio who is getting on), his role become even more important.

Edmeiste

If you have actually think about this article makes little sense. Just look at Vidic's performances for these past two years. Are they really trying to suggest that the heart of our defense and mr.consistency in the back is not performing up to Fergie's standards?

I treated this article as bollocks after reading the first line. Ferguson is prepared to rip Vidic out of our defense and sell him? Get a grip. This has nonsense written all over it. If you look at the players that Madrid have brought in recently, I'd say they're pretty well-stocked for defenders. Sure Vidic would strengthen them but once again, I haven't seen anything from Vidic suggesting that he wants away. Especially not through his performances.

Anderson8

"less than impressed with the Serb's efforts so far this season"

What the feck? That quote pretty much proves the article is bollocks, he's been injured for the majority of it, and it's only been on his return that we've started to look good defensively!

Amir

Pretty poor effort. So easy to write this crap in November. No one will remember it when the season actually ends.

vuc

First Team Serb
"less than impressed with the Serb's efforts so far this season"

What the feck? That quote pretty much proves the article is bollocks, he's been injured for the majority of it, and it's only been on his return that we've started to look good defensively!
Didn't Fergie praise Vidic after the Everton game?

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Ian Ladyman is a scouser and an idiot.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
Apparently SAF is disappointed with "Vidic's commitment".

Yet he has been our best player the last two matches and SAF has said he is delighted to have him back.

Odd timing for this article.

RedRover

Every player has his price - all depends if Vidic fancies the move. His Mrs has moaned about the weather and he might fancy a move to Madrid. If he wants to go then the club will probably let him.

The article does have one thing right - if he's only got two years left on his deal then now would be the perfect time to sell.

towcester_red

He was definitely been annoyed with Vidic at times this season. Was annoyed that he went to Serbia before/after his injury (cant remember exactly when).

And he was annoyed with the red card in the champions league.

But he has been brilliant recently, particularily at Everton.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
I think maybe Vida wasn't fully fit and henceforth Fergie thought that it was a risk to play him.

vuc

First Team Serb
I thought he was dropped for the City game because he played for Serbia against Slovenia when Fergie didn't want him to... plus he wasn't fully fit.

misterredmist

Winter is coming, let's write about someone's wife who doesn't like the Mancunian weather - get me the files boy !

flip, flip, flip , flip......are, yes, we haven't dredged a story up on our mate Vida for a while have we ?

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
That was strange at best, a shocking ommission at worst.

If he wasnt injured then its complacent from Fergie, best team has to play in the big games. No tinkering.

Warning signs were loud and clear at Anfield.
We were very solid at Anfield up to their goal, after that we went for the game and ended up with Rooney in midfield which left us weak for the last 10 minutes when they had a lot of chances, before that they only had the Suarez chance which was borne out of a lucky ricochet. No one was Vida ready for City either, Evans and Rio had been rested and were good at Anfield against Suarez whereas Vidic had just been sent off against Otelul and he was never going to play two matches in such close proximity after a long lay off.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
:lol::lol::lol:

He's played 5 matches this season during which we have conceded a toal of one goal.

He needs to learn from the other defenders who have let in 15 goals in the other 12 matches.

:houllier:
Why are you quoting me? I did not say that.

MacMUFC

Vidic isnt going anywhere for feck sake, why is this even being discussed?

Affection is often conveyed better by gesture than words. Somebody once asked Rio Ferdinand whether John Terry was the bravest footballer he knew. Ferdinand chuckled and glanced behind him. There stood Nemanja Vidic, sporting fresh wounds from a game Manchester United had just completed, broken nose snaking down his craggy face. Ferdinand looked back at the questioner, eyebrows raised, not needing to say a thing. Point made.
What a fecking brilliant quote. Also the bolded part: Ugh, the British media make me sick.

Cold_Boy

Every player has his price - all depends if Vidic fancies the move. His Mrs has moaned about the weather and he might fancy a move to Madrid. If he wants to go then the club will probably let him.

The article does have one thing right - if he's only got two years left on his deal then now would be the perfect time to sell.
:houllier::rolleyes:

I would rather let him go on free after 2 years than sell him right now.