Vinicius Junior

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
You need to take risks to stay on top.
There are risks and then there are gambles, I'd rather this kid play a few first team games and be worth as much as Mbappe than see United pay 45m for a kid that hasn't played a dozen first team games.

This could ruin this kids life, dramatic maybe, but the pressure to succeed in this kid is going to be immense.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
There are risks and then there are gambles, I'd rather this kid play a few first team games and be worth as much as Mbappe than see United pay 45m for a kid that hasn't played a dozen first team games.

This could ruin this kids life, dramatic maybe, but the pressure to succeed in this kid is going to be immense.
The pressure to succeed is always going to be high.

RoyH1

Mad money. The arms race between Barsa and Madrid can really go too far. They push the price up for each other.

Redondo_Pirri

Supports
Real Madrid
30me plus 15me in variables as confirmed is a good deal when every major club in Europe was after him and willing to pay that fee as well.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
45m for a 16 year old? That's marvellous Real, oh would you look at that? De Gea's price just went up by 30m.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Football has gone (even more) mad

38m for a kid who only made his club debut this month? Essentially it's as crazy as someone offering us that for Gomes

beckbeck

RM's policy of buying all the shiny toys has hardly gone wrong has it? If they have the money to do so, why not? They can afford to waste 45m.. This is like a poker player with all the chips, they take way more risks.

Zii

Good to see young players have learnt a thing or two from Odegaard's career.
Man players have short careers, one injury, one change of heart and you dont move. Take the money and run

Redondo_Pirri

Supports
Real Madrid
Good to see young players have learnt a thing or two from Odegaard's career.
Or Marcelo's (19), Higuain's (19), Ramos' (19), Benzema's (21), Isco's (21), Varane's (18), Casemiro's (21), Asensio's (18), Ozil's (21).

I swear people have no clue.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Or Marcelo's (19), Higuain's (19), Ramos' (19), Benzema's (21), Isco's (21), Varane's (18), Casemiro's (21), Asensio's (18), Ozil's (21).

I swear people have no clue.
Did they all come to your club at the age of 16 or are the numbers of the brackers indications that they all came couple of years later?

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
30me plus 15me in variables as confirmed is a good deal when every major club in Europe was after him and willing to pay that fee as well.
Oh yeah, wonderful deal, 45 million for a lad who made his debut a week ago, everyone will be patting you on the back for months for this great deal. What a steal.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I can't save I've ever seen him play or even watched a YouTube clip but I reckon he's going to be amazing

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
Is he that good?
only seen him at the U17 south american earlier this year, and he was great. The best player of the tournament that Brazil won easily.

Cant really say if this speaks more of his level or the level of the rest U17 south american teams. He looked several levels above the average level.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
Why do people keep talking about a video with all touchs of some particular game?
Lets say: how good was Neymar vs Juventus in the CL???? Pathetic, right?
Its not a highight, its the video of a specific game. I think was the debut in the South American U-17.

This is why the english clubs dont take the best South American talents.
You guys have a serious dificulty to realize who are the best players.
Some qualities even average players can learn.
But the talent you have it or not.
Its not hard to teach a highly talented kid to be less caotic.

Yes, hes not Neymar level at all, he's FAR SUPERIOR at the same age.
And its not hard to figure out it these days.
All those games with a 16/17 years old Neymar are there to watch in YT. Only need to watch Vinicius Junior in the same competitions/same age and take your conclusions.

And he's a goal scorer, more than Neymar was in that time.
Probably will be a 9 in the professional level.

Cant agree at all.
Sure its just one video but some things dont change between videos and games and thats how players receive and control the ball. Neymar was at the same age more accomplished than this guy with respect to control and touch, his control and touch at pace and under pressure was better. This guy is not far superior to Neymar at the same age, thats very clear to see. Talented yes but far superior no way.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
He won't be joining till his 18 or 19
And in that time he could have a serious injury, get addicted to crack, join a street gang, or maybe just not develop as well as hoped. It's an insane deal. It might work out, who knows, but it's a ludicrous amount of money for a player who's had 1 competitive first team match. There are so many variables in play the risk far, far outways the reward.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
I remember a lot of people calling Neymar overrated and the new Robinho when he first came on to the scene. "He only looks good on YouTube." So, I'm surprised when I hear someone says Neymar was a phenomenon back then because I remembered very few opinions like that back then.
Some of us could see his ability back then. I thought Neymar was going to be a superstar when he first appeared, all the basic building blocks were there to see.

ottosec

€45m? :eek:

I expect at least 2 thirds to be performance based, makes no sense otherwise.