Vinicius Junior

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Done nothing of note at Flamengo and Roberto Carlos has already put the pressure on: http://www.marca.com/en/football/real-madrid/2017/12/29/5a462dbae2704e783e8b45fc.html

"I was with his family before El Clasico and they're all very humble," he said to reporters.

"He knows that playing at Real Madrid is not going to be easy because the [Estadio Santiago] Bernabeu is very big and the fans demand a lot.

"Being a Real player must be a source of great pride for him, but now he has a greater responsibility to improve day by day.

"I wish him luck and I'm sure he will be an idol at the club soon enough."

"I won't say that he's ready yet because he's still very young," he continued.

"But what Real Madrid did in thinking about the future of the club... I think it was a perfect move.

"They will accelerate Vinicius' process of growth both as a player and as a human being."

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
With all respect, to expect a kid from 2001 to be a protagonist for Flamengo, regardless of what we can think about the money envolved on the transfer fee, reality is Flamengo alongside Corinthians has the biggest support in Brasil, so expecting a kid from the same age as Sancho, Angel Gomes or Umaro Embaló to be the best player at Flamengo just because he was signed from Real Madrid is simply not realistic.

Now regarding what he can do at Real Madrid, he should stay at least one more season in Brazil, and even if he comes to Spain he will need to be slowly integrated and developed on a new reality, but it is a big gamble, and the pressure around him will be huge.

Charles Miller

Real Madrid should take him now and loan to some Spanish club. Flamengo is showing zero real interest in his development. They only send him to the pitch in the worst scenarios when they are losing and he has no right to have a bad game or they bench him for ages.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
Real Madrid should take him now and loan to some Spanish club. Flamengo is showing zero real interest in his development. They only send him to the pitch in the worst scenarios when they are losing and he has no right to have a bad game or they bench him for ages.
He can not go to Europe until he is 18.

Damien

Staff
I'm pretty sure they'll do that in July.

Just realised both goals last night were scored with his left foot - he's right footed. Not bad.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
That's probably the plan. He's coming to madrid as soon as he turns 18 for sure. Then we'll see.

Damien

Staff

Early days but he's had a few decent moments in the couple of games so far.

Meanwhile, I think selling Ronaldo will be the making of Asensio if faith is put in him.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Not sure he has the pace to become a truly great winger. He reminds of Memphis when dribbling. Like he's doing it in slow-motion.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Not sure he has the pace to become a truly great winger. He reminds of Memphis when dribbling. Like he's doing it in slow-motion.
Nah, he's rapid and creative, just needs to grow. I also don't think he's going to be a winger going forward

That said, he's clearly talented and just as clearly not ready. He's probably going out on loan

Adisa

Nah, he's rapid and creative, just needs to grow. I also don't think he's going to be a winger going forward

That said, he's clearly talented and just as clearly not ready. He's probably going out on loan
I think he'll be better further forward.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Doesn't look insanely talented but quite talented all the same. Still so young of course and I've watched all of 10 minutes of him and that too highlights.

amolbhatia50k

Madrid have spent heavily in younger players. Even if half those players work out they've got a lot of their team set if coached well.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Step overs though? It's not the 90s anymore kiddo.

Dolf

Haven't seen much of him but what I did see was a dirty dive against us. Let's hope he doesn't turn into a Neymar kind of footballer.

the_irish123

He looks good but Rodrygo is the bigger talent. Getting both of them for 45M looks excessive though. How are you going to develop them both at the same time, in a club with such little space for making mistakes and learning through them? Nevermind that they play the same position..

For them the ideal thing is to move to an Ajax. I feel like they will be playing the odd Copa del Rey game in the next 2 years or so.

RoyH1

He looks good but Rodrygo is the bigger talent. Getting both of them for 45M looks excessive though. How are you going to develop them both at the same time, in a club with such little space for making mistakes and learning through them? Nevermind that they play the same position..

For them the ideal thing is to move to an Ajax. I feel like they will be playing the odd Copa del Rey game in the next 2 years or so.
Madrid has been known to do a lot of loan deals or sales with buyback clauses. I imagine at one point both players will be having a season somewhere else.

amolbhatia50k

Smart stuff from Madrid if they've got two huge talents for 45 million and Rodrygo is an even bigger prospect. Their track record of developing kids is a bit shit though isn't it?

RoyH1

Smart stuff from Madrid if they've got two huge talents for 45 million and Rodrygo is an even bigger prospect. Their track record of developing kids is a bit shit though isn't it?
No worse than hours in the last decade to be honest. They play a lot more home born talent that many big clubs and have actually a ton of first division players all over Europe.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Carvajal, Casemiro, Varane, Asensio, Lucas, Nacho...
Then there's the already sort of established but young(under 23) players like Di Maria, Benzema, Ozil, Isco...
And then guys who for various reasons didn't make it at the club but were given opportunities like Morata and Jesé

(Also Marcelo, Ramos, Pepe and Higuain)

I'd say our recent track record is pretty good

the_irish123

Carvajal, Casemiro, Varane, Asensio, Lucas, Nacho...
Then there's the already sort of established but young(under 23) players like Di Maria, Benzema, Ozil, Isco...
And then guys who for various reasons didn't make it at the club but were given opportunities like Morata and Jesé

(Also Marcelo, Ramos, Pepe and Higuain)

I'd say our recent track record is pretty good
That's actually a incredible record. I wonder which big team did better. IIRC they got Casemiro and Marcelo for pennies.

Luke1995

I don't want to say it was a mistake for him to go straight to Madrid at 18, but Ronaldo went to PSV and Ronaldinho to PSG before Barça for example. Usually it helps.

It's too early to tell if Vinicius will be a sucess or a failure but at this moment, it looks like he needs to improve alot technically and tactically.

Adisa

So far, I haven't seen why they spent €45m on him. He looks too slow to play wide imo. They should try him in the middle.

Fenomeno9

I’m a firm believer than 17 or 18 year old talents should not move to big clubs especially those coming from South America. I don’t think Madrid is badly handling his development so far. It just South American talents shouldn’t leave for Europe until 21-22 IMO.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
He's insanely good, changed the direction of their season.

Has both the talent and the balls to be a star player in Madrid, they need to give him the 7 shirt.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
What did he do recently? Mind to tell us?
Started actually playing after months of being benched for no reason and they're looking much better because of it. He's been superb, still a bit raw but that's to be expected.