Vinicius Junior

Redondo_Pirri

Supports
Real Madrid
And in that time he could have a serious injury, get addicted to crack, join a street gang, or maybe just not develop as well as hoped. It's an insane deal. It might work out, who knows, but it's a ludicrous amount of money for a player who's had 1 competitive first team match. There are so many variables in play the risk far, far outways the reward.
Not really

You have to consider Real Madrid has hardly spent any money lately on transfers, in comparison to what we normally do. Take this for example this is what we spent in 2016/2017:

You have people like Pep saying we are ruining football by inflating the prices but he fails to mention that since 2008 Man City have spent more than double what Real Madrid have spent and what have they got to show for it?

Lately we have taken a clear and direct path by investing in youth, younger than 25, for good or bad, both expensive and inexpensive, Odegaard, Isco, Canales, Varane, Llorente, Vallejo, Carvajal, Asensio, James, Kovacic, Bale, Kroos, Illarramendi, Ozil, Di Maria, Morata, Lucas ect ect

As you can see with that list there are some hits, some misses, but at the end of the day it is working pretty well. Yes it is a lot of money and a risk for a 16 year old, but it's not if you have hardly been spending the money to begin with when you are a club with the transfer budget of Real Madrid. Price is made by demand and from what I have read almost every single major club in Europe wanted him. So why not beat everyone to the punch, take the gamble, it's not like if he doesn't work out we will be any worse for it and if he does, jackpot.

€45m? :eek:

I expect at least 2 thirds to be performance based, makes no sense otherwise.
30me was his buyout clause which quite a number of clubs met, 15me I assume is in variables.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
@Redondo_Pirri your expenditure over the last few years doesn't make the transfer any less of a risk. You can list as many names as you want, none of them come remotely close in terms of risk as signing a 16 year old who has played 1 senior game. You're paying significantly more for him than, for example, Chelsea paid for the PFA player of the year or the amount you bought Toni Kroos for a few years back.

Redondo_Pirri

Supports
Real Madrid
@Redondo_Pirri your expenditure over the last few years doesn't make the transfer any less of a risk. You can list as many names as you want, none of them come remotely close in terms of risk as signing a 16 year old who has played 1 senior game. You're paying significantly more for him than, for example, Chelsea paid for the PFA player of the year or the amount you bought Toni Kroos for a few years back.
True but we aren't Stoke, 30me/15me isn't exactly a risk to Real Madrid, it's not like the club will go under if he flops, it'll just be business as usual.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Makes the money we spent on Pogba seem Sane :lol:

This is the thing though, if they think he will become the next best player in the world then it's their prerogative.

The amount of people moaning "money's ruined football" but they'd all do the same thing in their position.

It's a big risk but clearly they feel it's worth the game, they've got the money to waste.

I hope the kid doesn't let this move to go to his head and keeps developing.

Gee Male

Makes the money we spent on Pogba seem Sane :lol:

This is the thing though, if they think he will become the next best player in the world then it's their prerogative.

The amount of people moaning "money's ruined football" but they'd all do the same thing in their position.

It's a big risk but clearly they feel it's worth the game, they've got the money to waste.

I hope the kid doesn't let this move to go to his head and keeps developing.
All of which is fine, but ignores the fact that there's something really fecking depressing about 46m being spent on a 16 year old.

Fenomeno9

I don't think Real would have spent this amount of money unless they scouted him in depth and figured he was the real deal.

Adam-Utd

I don't think Real would have spent this amount of money unless they scouted him in depth and figured he was the real deal.
Not sure "how" sure you can be when a player has literally only played 17 minutes of pro football.

But I guess he is head and shoulders over kids at his age group, so it's worth a shot for them.

Swaters16

Not sure "how" sure you can be when a player has literally only played 17 minutes of pro football.

But I guess he is head and shoulders over kids at his age group, so it's worth a shot for them.
Exactly. No one is the real deal at 16. It's just not possible for a child to be a guaranteed superstar.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
http://www.espnfc.com/real-madrid/s...ed-to-mature-before-playing-with-ronaldo-bale

Quotes:

Vinicius Junior: "I like Cristiano Ronaldo and Bale but right now I'm only thinking of playing at Flamengo with Diego [Rivas] and [Paolo] Guerrero. Cristiano Ronaldo and [Toni] Kroos' passes come to mind but my head is on Flamengo.

"I want to arrive there [Madrid] with a cool head and spend time at Flamengo, one or two years, in order to arrive more matured. I will think about Madrid in two years. I want to win many titles with the Flamengo jersey and then think about Madrid.

"I want to send a hug to Neymar and tell him that he is my idol.

"I'm not thinking about money, only about playing and giving joy to our fans."
Flamengo coach Ze Ricardo (known VJ since VJ was 12): "Vinicius has a great future ahead of him. He has gone through every stage before arriving to this point [to the first team]. He is not only going to be important to the clubs he will be at, whether it's Real Madrid when the time comes or Flamengo, but also for Brazilian and world football."

"Since the first day, he proved a great technical and physical capacity. He is a gifted player, very fast. He has speed and technique, his main characteristics. He is also very strong emotionally, it's not easy to bring him down. He doesn't feel pressure regardless of whether the rival is older or bigger than him."

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
The new Ödegaard! Ah wait Ödegaard is warming the bench at Sc Heerenveen.

beckbeck

If he's underwhelming in his next years, Madrid can always sell him for 18 to 20mil to a Porto or a Shakhtar. It's basically a 20mil fee to avoid the chance of Barça getting the next big supertalent, which is clearly good business for Madrid. That's pocket change for them.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Looks better every game. It's cool that people are making these videos showing every touch he takes.

He seems level headed in his interviews and the talent is obvious. Flamengo-Botafogo next week, which is a huge rivalry. Hopefully he gets some minutes.

Damien

Staff
Looks better every game. It's cool that people are making these videos showing every touch he takes.

He seems level headed in his interviews and the talent is obvious. Flamengo-Botafogo next week, which is a huge rivalry. Hopefully he gets some minutes.
Ah excellent. Could you transcribe what he said in that interview at the end please? :D Yeah, I find it interesting too. Lot of pressure for someone of his age but from what I've seen he is level headed and won't be affected too much by it.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Ah excellent. Could you transcribe what he said in that interview at the end please? :D Yeah, I find it interesting too. Lot of pressure for someone of his age but from what I've seen he is level headed and won't be affected too much by it.
Sure. He just gave the typical answers and didn't really say anything special. At the start of the interviews I've seen him do, the journalists never fail to mention the price tag and they always try to put pressure on him but he always keeps cool and gives the right answer.

Journalist - This was your third game. Are you feeling more comfortable? Today you already had a chance to score...

Yes, I'm more comfortable. The team has given me a lot of support and with the time passing I've been getting better and today I played better than I had in the previous games. Unfortunately we conceded from a set piece but now we need to work and focus on Botafogo.

Journalist - There's the derby against Botafogo now. It's your first one as a professional.

Yes, it's my first. But now we need to focus on working during the week, see what things we need to improve and think about Botafogo.

Not perfectly translated but that's roughly it :D

Damien

Staff
Sure. He just gave the typical answers and didn't really say anything special. At the start of the interviews I've seen him do, the journalists never fail to mention the price tag and they always try to put pressure on him but he always keeps cool and gives the right answer.

Journalist - This was your third game. Are you feeling more comfortable? Today you already had a chance to score...

Yes, I'm more comfortable. The team has given me a lot of support and with the time passing I've been getting better and today I played better than I had in the previous games. Unfortunately we conceded from a set piece but now we need to work and focus on Botafogo.

Journalist - There's the derby against Botafogo now. It's your first one as a professional.

Yes, it's my first. But now we need to focus on working during the week, see what things we need to improve and think about Botafogo.

Not perfectly translated but that's roughly it :D
Thanks!

Arthur Friedenreich

I've posted here, but lets be honest: makes no sense a thread in the RedCafe about a Real Madrid player that United will never sign and who will probably play 15 minutes each two games for the rest of this year in the Brazilian league.

They will really use him only in 2018, in the states leagues, against weak teams to give him experience.

He probably will not even play the WC U-17 now.

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
Its certainly impressive given his age. But he seems like a player benefiting a lot from just having a man's body and quickness in his teens. I haven't seen much more of him so I won't pretend to be able to judge him well. But on my limited viewing I haven't yet seen anything that seems truly special.

RoyH1

He looks dangerous every time he has the ball. It will be interesting to see how he develops over the next 2 seasons.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
I think a lot of people are seeing things that just aren't there in that video. Don't think he looks dangerous every time he has the ball at all. His crossing seems to be great but his passing seems to be average at best. Those youtube videos aren't overly impressive in my opinion. However, he does look talented based on other videos.

Arthur Friedenreich

I wonder if its part of the deal with Real Madrid to force him into the professionals, but its a dumb move.
He's obviously not physivally ready.
When he starts a game he's great in the first 30, 40 minutes than his level will drop and he start losing the ball too much.
I dont know if Real Madrid is deciding his position in the pitch too, because in the youth level he was a left striker/winger like Martial, but he's playing in the right in the professional.

Utdstar01

His dribbling is pretty average and not the quickest but that may come with age.

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
I think it's very impressive considering his age and lack of experience. What I like is that he's looking for the pass and mainly uses his skill to get into free positions to move the ball.

I agree that he doesn't look too fast/mobile. Perhaps he'll be more of an AM than a winger, relying on quickness of thought and good decisions rather than pace? But okay, his physical development is still ongoing.

Adam-Utd

He's 16 guys, he will be much more explosive by 18 with proper training.

Damien

Staff
Needs a bit of time out of the spotlight, but yeah, Flamengo used some of the money to sign Everton Ribeiro which has provided another obstacle.

He turned 17 just a week ago. He'll be given more games in time.

Skills

Snitch
What motivation do Flamengo have to develop a player for Madrid now that they've already got the money?

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
This is the risk with paying for someone so young and leaving him at the club. Madrid better have a clause for pulling out.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
What motivation do Flamengo have to develop a player for Madrid now that they've already got the money?
Exactly. Seems nuts. Would be better off buying a first option on a player with a pre agreed fee if he develops as expected.

Damien

Staff

Came off the bench but didn't do much apart from chance at 2m and being fouled for the penalty that won it for Flamengo. Gave the ball away a fair bit.