Vinicius Junior

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
It actually looks like a constructed plan from them for once rather than their usual FM approach to the market. Fortifying whilst on top, across each level is the best possible method and something they've overlooked for years.

Seems Zidane has some genuine sway at that place because Perez is actually doing what he wants.

It really remains to be seen if it's absurd money. If he is a generational talent, the fee will be a snip. Furthermore, RM will have saved themselves 10's of millions in both wages and a transfer fee further down the line. Imagine if this kid is brilliant and remains there until he is in his 30's. That's a decade and a half of service and he'll pay back his transfer multiple times over.
I find it very hard to believe he'll be a snip based on that video. Usually YouTube vids get blamed for misspelling players but usually if a player looks bad on a video then they're usually not that great a player.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Yeah, hardly impresses at Heerenveen, he has good technique and skill but not sure if he has what it got to succeed and is in the right circumstances. Real was such a stupid move, should have been Ajax or Dortmund.
Yup, his pops was a money grabbing whore though iirc.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
I find it very hard to believe he'll be a snip based on that video. Usually YouTube vids get blamed for misspelling players but usually if a player looks bad on a video then they're usually not that great a player.
Tbh, I didn't watch the vid - the great name drew me in - but if the talk of all these top clubs (ourselves, Barca and RM) coming in for him is genuine, then maybe the vid is misrepresentative.

Arthur Friedenreich

Looks distinctly average based on that video and nothing close to Neymar level talent.
Why do people keep talking about a video with all touchs of some particular game?
Lets say: how good was Neymar vs Juventus in the CL???? Pathetic, right?
Its not a highight, its the video of a specific game. I think was the debut in the South American U-17.

This is why the english clubs dont take the best South American talents.
You guys have a serious dificulty to realize who are the best players.
Some qualities even average players can learn.
But the talent you have it or not.
Its not hard to teach a highly talented kid to be less caotic.

Yes, hes not Neymar level at all, he's FAR SUPERIOR at the same age.
And its not hard to figure out it these days.
All those games with a 16/17 years old Neymar are there to watch in YT. Only need to watch Vinicius Junior in the same competitions/same age and take your conclusions.

And he's a goal scorer, more than Neymar was in that time.
Probably will be a 9 in the professional level.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Why do people keep talking about a video with all touchs of some particular game?
Its not a highight, its the video of a specific game. I think was the debut in the South American U-17.

All those games with a 16/17 years old Neymar are there to watch in YT. Only need to watch Vinicius Junior in the same competitions/same age and take your conclusions.

We shall see then won't we.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
The stuff he does in the vid Kerlon, Lulinha, Keiirrison, Rafael Sobis... just to name a few were doing it back then aswell and we all know how that panned out for them

Hojoon

Marca (hardly reliable with Real in terms of figures) saying that the entire fee will be 50 million plus despite his release clause apparently being 30 million because there were a bunch of clubs interested along with agent fees. I read he's set to earn 8 million a season too. Shows you the amount of money involved for someone who's only played at youth levels.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Neymar was 21 when he went to Barça. This kid is 16. He might be special, I've never seen him play but for 45 million euros it's hard to not be skeptical.

At 16 you need the talent, which he seems like he has, but you also need to be in the right environment to improve.

beckbeck

Its really stupid move to go to Madrid at 16. First of all, he wont get any games, he wont be able to make mistakes and learn through them. Unless he plays for La Castilla for like 3 or 4 years, but thats not exactly good competition.

He should go to a team like Ajax just like Fat Ronaldo did, where he'll get playing time in a decent league.

He looks like a kick and run merchant in that video. Its not hard to score a lot in U16 level if you are physically superior to the other children. Look at how amazing Obi Mikel looked at that level.

Redondo_Pirri

Supports
Real Madrid
According to GLOBO:

We are paying the 30me buyout plus 15me in incentives; ie wins a title, scoring objectives, d'Or ect.

He will not be joining Madrid until the 2018/19 season when he is 18 because of FIFA/Brasil rules.

Due to the nature of the contract he will be playing for the first team.

We will see how it pans out. Barcelona offered 30me we just threw more money and incentives at both the player and the club.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Don't want to be stereotypical here, but Brazilians have a habit of loosing their hunger rather quickly when they've made their money, not sure this will be a wise move, hope I'm wrong.

wr8_utd

:'(
45m for a 16 year old kid :lol: This is ludicrous even by today's crazy standards.

izec

If he stays another 2 years in Brazil that is good. Could turn out to be the next Neymar, could also be the next Robinho. He is 16, who the feck knows how he will turn out to be.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Its really stupid move to go to Madrid at 16. First of all, he wont get any games, he wont be able to make mistakes and learn through them. Unless he plays for La Castilla for like 3 or 4 years, but thats not exactly good competition.
He can't move until he's 18. He'll likely make his debut for Flamengo towards the end of the season. Flamengo's manager used to manage their U20s so I imagine he knows how to work with the young players and will know when the right time is to introduce them to the first team.

wr8_utd

:'(
I agree though, can't be a worse career move for someone that young. The likes of Isco, Morata and Hames don't get to play regularly there and they're established stars. Even Santiago Nunez went to Madrid via Newcastle! Going there directly at such a young age seems as foolish as signing for Chelsea and ending up at Viteese.

beckbeck

Fabinho, Casemiro and Willian Jose went to Madrid and never got a game. Casemiro actually went to OPorto before he got a chance again.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Fabinho, Casemiro and Willian Jose went to Madrid and never got a game. Casemiro actually went to OPorto before he got a chance again.
All look like they've ended up with pretty decent careers, mind.

arthurka

These youngsters will never get the time or the patience needed to become regulars at Real, couple of hit and miss games arent taken lightly over there..

Redo91

These youngsters will never get the time or the patience needed to become regulars at Real, couple of hit and miss games arent taken lightly over there..
They boo Ronaldo FFS! It's an absolute circus. I can't think of many worse clubs for a young player to go for their development.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal

Not related with this kid, but since you are from Brazil, can you explain to me if Thiago Maia from Santos can play as a number 6 or 8 in midfield and how is he performing at Santos?

Any rumour in Brazil regarding his departure or at what price can he leave Brazil, would love to see him at my club but probably his price tag is out of reach to portuguese clubs.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
Not related with this kid, but since you are from Brazil, can you explain to me if Thiago Maia from Santos can play as a number 6 or 8 in midfield and how is he performing at Santos?

Any rumour in Brazil regarding his departure or at what price can he leave Brazil, would love to see him at my club but probably his price tag is out of reach to portuguese clubs.
I read an article about him a while ago that compared him with Redondo. Defensive midfielder with a great left foot and a lot of quality on the ball. He drops deep to play between the CBs but also likes to venture forward a bit, from what I understood he can play both as number 6 or 8. There were some rumours at the time saying he would go to Chelsea for more than 20 million, so he's never coming to Sporting. And it's not like we enjoy buying good players anyway, that's way too mainstream for us

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
I read an article about him a while ago that compared him with Redondo. Defensive midfielder with a great left foot and a lot of quality on the ball. He drops deep to play between the CBs but also likes to venture forward a bit, from what I understood he can play both as number 6 or 8. There were some rumours at the time saying he would go to Chelsea for more than 20 million, so he's never coming to Sporting. And it's not like we enjoy buying good players anyway, that's way too mainstream for us
Thanks mate, totally depressed with the game today, I guess I am dreaming what kind of team we could have and in the end what we have to take, Marvin, Lotto, Bruno César and Bryan Ruiz.:houllier:

I would sell Adrien or William and invest all in this kid and give space to Podence or Empis next season, but with Jesus we will only get older players, ffs Belenenses didn't won at Alvalade 63 years ago and Benfica will win 4 in a row, I am going to stop watching football in Portugal and dream we could have an young and exciting team like Ajax.

beckbeck

The last guy that was hailed as a playmaking DM from Brazil was Lucas Silva who was terrible in Europa. Oh and btw another to add to the Madrid youngster fail list.

Brazil produces athletic CMs like Ramires, Fernandinho and Casemiro, so anyone with a bit of quality gets hailed as Redondo and whatnot. I live in Brazil btw

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
Thanks mate, totally depressed with the game today, I guess I am dreaming what kind of team we could have and in the end what we have to take, Marvin, Lotto, Bruno César and Bryan Ruiz.:houllier:

I would sell Adrien or William and invest all in this kid and give space to Podence or Empis next season, but with Jesus we will only get older players, ffs Belenenses didn't won at Alvalade 63 years ago and Benfica will win 4 in a row, I am going to stop watching football in Portugal and dream we could have an young and exciting team like Ajax.
We're going way off topic here but hopefully no one minds. I think we'll see a lot of changes in the summer so there's always a bit of hope in that. I'm not confident about it but I hope Jesus and the board learnt something from the mistakes done in the transfer market and manage to buy some good players. Jesus will either get things right in the summer or he'll get a lot of people calling for his head as soon as bad results come. And that might be as soon as the CL playoffs.

Two good fullbacks is a must. Then it depends on what offers come in. Hopefully we manage to sell and replace part of our midfield and ideally we would add another attacking option and a CB, but there's no way we manage to fix the squad entirely in one transfer window.

Fenomeno9

Madrid has some good scouts in Brazil. They scouted Neymar when he was 15 and was close to signing with them. If they willing to spend that much on this kid then I believe they scouted this kid and observed him thoroughly.

This kid is quite talented though from the little I have seen and from what I heard he doesn't look out of place in the flamengo U-20 but I'm against players moving until they played a couple seasons in the brasilero.

izec

Madrid has some good scouts in Brazil. They scouted Neymar when he was 15 and was close to signing with them. If they willing to spend that much on this kid then I believe they scouted this kid and observed him thoroughly.

This kid is quite talented though from the little I have seen and from what I heard he doesn't look out of place in the flamengo U-20 but I'm against players moving until they played a couple seasons in the brasilero.
Hard to say no to Real and money. I wouldnt either, even if i knew staying for a few years and/or going to a smaller club would probably be better for the development.

Tarrou

It's crazy money but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little bit jealous. He looks incredible.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
From what I've seen he looks very good, but of course it's a risk. I think in Madrid they are a bit obsessed with not to lose the next Neymar / Messi and they will accumulate all the possible talent.

Redondo_Pirri

Supports
Real Madrid
From what I've seen he looks very good, but of course it's a risk. I think in Madrid they are a bit obsessed with not to lose the next Neymar / Messi and they will accumulate all the possible talent.
Exactly Barcelona were hot favs to sign him before all this news blew up, so it seems like Perez fecking with them just because he could, plus making sure they don't get another Brasilian superstar.

Same same with Theo lol