Vinicius Junior

Womp

idiot
Exactly Barcelona were hot favs to sign him before all this news blew up, so it seems like Perez fecking with them just because he could, plus making sure they don't get another Brasilian superstar.

Same same with Theo lol
He doesn't look anywhere near as impressive to me as Neymar did. You could tell Neymar was a phenomenon with how easy he was making things look. This kid looks like he could evolve into a top goalscorer though. More a Gabriel Jesus than a Neymar to me.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
He doesn't look anywhere near as impressive to me as Neymar did. You could tell Neymar was a phenomenon with how easy he was making things look. This kid looks like he could evolve into a top goalscorer though. More a Gabriel Jesus than a Neymar to me.
Have you seen Neymar play when he was 16? Have you seen Vinicius?

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
He might have the talent but it's incredibly risky spending so much on a 16 year old. It would be very easy for him to lose focus, especially on those wages.

Fenomeno9

Have you seen Neymar play when he was 16? Have you seen Vinicius?
I remember a lot of people calling Neymar overrated and the new Robinho when he first came on to the scene. "He only looks good on YouTube." So, I'm surprised when I hear someone says Neymar was a phenomenon back then because I remembered very few opinions like that back then.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Mine were actual questions. I never saw neymar play before he was 19, and i never saw Vinicius

Opinions taken from watching youtube clips should be openly mocked and derided

Hojoon

Mine were actual questions. I never saw neymar play before he was 19, and i never saw Vinicius

Opinions taken from watching youtube clips should be openly mocked and derided
You're basically talking about 95% of players caf talks about.

Redondo_Pirri

Supports
Real Madrid
He might have the talent but it's incredibly risky spending so much on a 16 year old. It would be very easy for him to lose focus, especially on those wages.
Not really risky at all we are talking about 30me for a club like Real Madrid.

RoyH1

I'm sceptic. Seems more of a Robinho than a Neymar to me. I also don't think this much money and fame at this stage will help him evolve as a player. Just look at Ødegaard.

Ishdalar

Supports
Barcelona
I remember a lot of people calling Neymar overrated and the new Robinho when he first came on to the scene. "He only looks good on YouTube." So, I'm surprised when I hear someone says Neymar was a phenomenon back then because I remembered very few opinions like that back then.
And those were biased opinions, because if you compared them at international level, Neymar was leading Brazil @ 20 y/o, at that same age Robinho was a sub for Brazil.

If Vinicius Junior wants to hold a chance to be compared with young Neymar he has to storm the Brasileirao this year, get called up by Brazil and lead that team after the 2018 World Cup. It won't be easy

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
No one outside of Santos was talking about Neymar at 16. So we really have nothing to compare it to. And I assume the Vincius Jr hype is because of his Brazil u-17 performances well Neymar only played 3 times for Brazil's u-17. Neymar broke out as a 17 year old in Brazil's top league maybe this kid can do the same.

Ishdalar

Supports
Barcelona
No one outside of Santos was talking about Neymar at 16. So we really have nothing to compare it to. And I assume the Vincius Jr hype is because of his Brazil u-17 performances well Neymar only played 3 times for Brazil's u-17. Neymar broke out as a 17 year old in Brazil's top league maybe this kid can do the same.
Maybe in your country, here in Spain he was already being hailed at 13/14 years old, with Real and Barcelona fighting for him

http://www.mercafutbol.com/barcelona-madrid-compiten-por-neymar-da-silva-nueva-perla-carioca-17406/
https://www.ligafutbol.net/el-real-...neymar-la-nueva-promesa-del-futbol-brasileno/

He even played some friendlies with Real's youth team, playing with Carvajal for example, and had official documents

http://futbol.as.com/futbol/2013/09/05/primera/1378335347_835605.html

The hype around Neymar was unreal even in 2005 here, Vinicius Junior, on the other hand, never read much about him until he was linked with Real this week

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
Maybe in your country, here in Spain he was already being hailed at 13/14 years old, with Real and Barcelona fighting for him

http://www.mercafutbol.com/barcelona-madrid-compiten-por-neymar-da-silva-nueva-perla-carioca-17406/
https://www.ligafutbol.net/el-real-...neymar-la-nueva-promesa-del-futbol-brasileno/

He even played some friendlies with Real's youth team, playing with Carvajal for example, and had official documents

The hype around Neymar was unreal even in 2005 here, Vinicius Junior, on the other hand, never read much about him until he was linked with Real this week
Fair point. Vinícius Júnior's for Brazil's youth teams are impressive. You could understand why he is starting to get serious hype.

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
I think real want to sell james and sign him for the money. Kid looks good but its very early to say anything and spend that much money on him.

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
We just saw Gabriel Jesus go for 33 million.
Was 19 when he was signed, i think he already was scoring for palmerias and was even considered for national team. Vinicus made his professional debut last week. Lot of difference.

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
would be a shame for him to enter that RM meat grinder next summer but then again I thought it was a poor move for Casemiro at the time and its working out well for him. sad to see them leap to RM though.

beergod

I have no idea about the player, but this one has some serious warning signs. No first team football, giving a life changing amount of $$ to a 16-year old, and then leaving the 16-year old in Brazil where Europe-bound players have suffered kidnapping attempts because criminals know they have money.

Ridge Racer

Supports
Real Madrid
He being either the new Robinho or the new Neymar is not the point; Florentino wouldn't want Barça to get him as long as he has a chance to become good. It's more about weakening your rivals more than trying to get a gem; and if they end up getting one, then all the best. It's a cynical world but that's what happens when competition with your main rivals is that fierce. Neymar gave Barça renewed hopes for the future. RM is trying to break the cycle because they're sick of falling behind Barça. Maybe that's why they've been signing younger fellas and dropping the galáctico policy. Results have improved and the future looks fantastic.

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace

Exactly, was going to post something similar.

The comparisons to Neymar are absurd, no one in Brasil has ever been as hyped as Neymar was as a youth

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
He's had one more first team game than Gomes and is moving for 38 million :lol:

Bwuk

45m is crazy.

Imagine someone offered us 45m for Angel Gomes.