Virgil van Dijk | Performances

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
I think at this point I'd rather other teams left the Liverpool players alone and let them stagnate (in about two years time most of them enter their 30s) than give Klopp funds to rebuild his side.

diarm

Would be good but doesn’t matter too much even if it did happen. They always seem to get someone better somehow when one of their best players leave, annoyingly.
There is nobody better than Van Dijk to be honest.

He's their most important player and probably the most important player in the world at the moment. By that, I mean the player who has the most impact on the team they're playing for.

Jibbs

Am I the only one who dosn't want vvd to leave? I want to see United strengthened to a level where we can beat both City and Pool in their full strength next season.

Last edited:

Steve Bruce

Am I the only one who dosn't want vvd to leave? I want to United strengthened to a level where we can beat both City and Pool in their full strength next season.
Tbh I couldn't give a toss about what anyone does. If he stays or goes makes no difference if United don't strengthen sufficiently.

Champagne Football

With the way Liverpool are coached, if there was any truth in it, then Klopp would probably sell VVD for crazy money, then sign Tyrone Mings for peanuts and turn him into the world's best defender.

Probably contract renewal time for VVD and flirting with other clubs is the strategy to get the huge deal he wants at Liverpool.

Paul_Scholes18

With the way Liverpool are coached, if there was any truth in it, then Klopp would probably sell VVD for crazy money, then sign Tyrone Mings for peanuts and turn him into the world's best defender.

Probably contract renewal time for VVD and flirting with other clubs is the strategy to get the huge deal he wants at Liverpool.
Watch Lovren and Matip today though and Pool before him.
I start to think he is holding it all together more and more. The midfield protection is key though.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
Haha. How could it possibly be? These players must be licking their lips thinking they can start some decent trophy haul during the next 2-3 years. Unfortunately.
At the end of the day, it is Liverpool after all. They're not so glamorous as people think.

Paul_Scholes18

Barca would need him and got the funds to go big on him.
Real too, but they need attacking players more.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
At the end of the day, it is Liverpool after all. They're not so glamorous as people think.
I don't think you get to where he's got in the game prioritising "glamour" over tangible success (and potentially, quite a lot of it). @Champagne Football you're probably right - contract renewal time. He should be their highest paid player. Could quite easily earn superstar wages at other top clubs.

mu4c_20le

Him and Mane are the ones I can see leaving for sunny Spain once they win the league. He deserves at least 300k/pw based on his abilty and importance.

thepolice123

Sounds as legit as Ramos leaving Real the other time.

Probably just playing for a massive recontract.

Varun

Staff
Am I the only one who dosn't want vvd to leave? I want to see United strengthened to a level where we can beat both City and Pool in their full strength next season.
I certainly hope so.

PaulRich

The problem Liverpool have got is that most of these players - VVD, Firminho, Salah, Mane are all nearing 30 and in the 'last big contract' saloon. If someone fancies giving them that one last payday then Liverpool will probably have to go one better. Those players would easily command 200/250k and Northwards which they dont earn at Liverpool.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
The problem Liverpool have got is that most of these players - VVD, Firminho, Salah, Mane are all nearing 30 and in the 'last big contract' saloon. If someone fancies giving them that one last payday then Liverpool will probably have to go one better. Those players would easily command 200/250k and Northwards which they dont earn at Liverpool.
I can’t see Liverpool not paying them.

Only one I could maybe see leaving is Salah, but he always seemed selfish.

RoyH1

The only reason I could see for him leaving (it can’t be money since Liverpool would probably match any offer) is that the family is unhappy living in Merseyside and want a more cosmopolitan life.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool

Wants to leave in the summer apparently.

Before Liverpool fans get their knickers in a twist (some already are on his Twitter), this guy breaks team, injury news and occasional transfer news. Called Rashfords' stress fracture 2 days before anyone else got on it.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
All of them were given new contracts last year in anticipation of exactly that. They are in for the long haul. Salah, Mane and van dijk all earn around 200k now.

Swarlos

Supports
Lyn FK, Liverpool

Wants to leave in the summer apparently.

Before Liverpool fans get their knickers in a twist (some already are on his Twitter), this guy breaks team, injury news and occasional transfer news. Called Rashfords' stress fracture 2 days before anyone else got on it.
I somehow doubt that this guy has insider info from Gerrard or Dalglish.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Apparently he's on 200k a week? He's getting hilariously underpaid if so. No wonder these rumours

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Judging from their game against Shrewsbury, they will struggle a bit if he leaves. Not sure why he would like to go to Juve though? Can't think of any positives, except perhaps, pizza?

Josh 76

He's won the CL and PL in his 2 and half season's at Liverpool

He's going to be 29 in a few months and wants to move on and double his wages.
Nothing rocket science behind it.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Judging from their game against Shrewsbury, they will struggle a bit if he leaves. Not sure why he would like to go to Juve though? Can't think of any positives, except perhaps, pizza?
De Ligt earns more than him

EwanI Ted

All of them were given new contracts last year in anticipation of exactly that. They are in for the long haul. Salah, Mane and van dijk all earn around 200k now.
Really? Christ. They're filling 3 of the top 5 places in the Ballon D'Or but are probably outside the top 20 earners in the sport.

Halds

Supports
Liverpool FC
van Dijk is still on his first contract with Liverpool, no?

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Liverpool have always had problems retaining their best players so this wouldn't surprise me.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Really? Christ. They're filling 3 of the top 5 places in the Ballon D'Or but are probably outside the top 20 earners in the sport.
Yet their fans harbour dreams of signing Mbappe :lol:

Apparently this Nike kit deal will suddenly make them able to outspend everybody.