War-torn Syria on verge of World Cup fairytale

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Congrats mate. I sincerily hope your country makes it.

NYAS

That was fecking unreal :lol: They'll get Saudi or Australia and then probably the US.

Solo Toure

Great news for the people of Syria.

Watched a documentary recently on BBC about Football on the Frontline and saw the difficulties placed upon the National Team during the qualifiers.

God willing you will go through the playoffs.

NYAS

You think Hendoras or Panama have a better chance making the WC than the US?
We'll know more today, since there's a massive game between Honduras and the US. But I think the US will crumble under the pressure, they don't seem to have that edge in this campaign and I could see them finishing in the play-off spot.

Cal?

CR7 fan
Not hearing a single bullet here tbh.
Congrats on making the playoffs, am surprised both games ended in draws.

I guess you should now hope for Japan not to drop the ball, Saudi should be easier than Australia.

Cal?

CR7 fan
Both teams will be tough af! :lol:
We have to do our best and not hope for favors right now.
It won't be easy either way, but I get the impression you may struggle to handle the physicality of Australia. Also their home advantage is very significant, they have won every single WC qualifying match at home except Japan held them to a draw.

United_We_Stand

So there is a real chance that we (Syria) play the US in the playoffs (if we beat Saudi Arabia or AUS, and the US finish 4th in Conacaf).
There is one catch though, the Syrian players won't be granted visas to the US, with Trump's executive order on immigration still in effect. :confused:

Cal?

CR7 fan
So there is a real chance that we (Syria) play the US in the playoffs (if we beat Saudi Arabia or AUS, and the US finish 4th in Conacaf).
There is one catch though, the Syrian players won't be granted visas to the US, with Trump's executive order on immigration still in effect. :confused:
Maybe Trump will let you play the game in Guam? :drool:

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Would be great if they did. Would like to see another Asian team at a World Cup too.

Gasolin

That would be "hilarious" if it happens, well, let's hope Syria goes through the Asian play off first. South Korea is qualified now so I'm feeling better, though my other country, France, still has to qualify...

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
This is amazing. After Iraq's miracle in 2007, I'm hoping that Syria can pull off the same and hopefully reach the World Cup.

The whole country will be behind them, for sure. Hopefully their prayers are counted and push Syria all the way through.