Warning Because Varun Disagreed with my opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Ah so stating something with reasoning should get someone banned because you don’t like it? Hmm that doesn’t sound healthy.

For what it’s worth it’s a valid point to make too In context of the money Ed brings into the club to the piss poor management Ole gives on the pitch.

You & no one else should ban someone for that- it’s pathetic
I'm not in a position to warn anyone about anything. But when a poster takes every opportunity to denigrate a club legend and then rationalises this by explaining that Woodward reducing a debt that he was instrumental in creating is somehow preferable to scoring the winning goal in a Champions League final then I have no sympathy when other people lose patience with his patter.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
The 3 point warning wasn't for a particular post. It was a general quality control warning.

The upside is birds of a feather (specifically canarys) and all that.

momo83

Massive Snowflake
It doesn't matter what he has said since nothing went against guidelines so stop using your frustration as justification

If what momo has said is correct then Varun has got to learn how to control his emotions rather than hiding behind power.

Occasionally I feel its an us (posters) vs them (modmin) and it should not be that way at all.
Well put.

In situations where people have reported because they disagree with an opinion.. Then I feel that the mod has to
1) Read the posts and replies to see who, if any, has broken guidelines.
2) Not let his/her feelings on whatever opinion has been complained about play a part in the decision.

I realise it can’t be easy especially if the 2-3 people that kept replying to me were (maybe) also reporting my posts and replies back to them. The mod would have just seen dozens of reports against me and gone with the easy option.

momo83

Massive Snowflake
@momo83 the post itself doesn’t seem worthy of a warning in my opinion but it could have be in the context of a bunch of other posts that have been poor? I don’t follow your posts so I don’t know what your reputation is like, but I think an explanation is fair. Not sure if it’s thread worthy, mind.
You’re right it’s not thread worthy by itself. My reason for doing so was because i didn’t get a reason and wasn’t sure if it was because the moderator disagreed with my opinion or the 2-3 people (1 has appeared on here his ‘quality’ or lack of speaks for itself) that keep replying were also reporting my posts and replies to them.

Last edited:

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
It doesn't matter what he has said since nothing went against guidelines so stop using your frustration as justification

If what momo has said is correct then Varun has got to learn how to control his emotions rather than hiding behind power.

Occasionally I feel its an us (posters) vs them (modmin) and it should not be that way at all.
He isn't.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
You’re right it’s not thread worthy by itself. My reason for doing so was because i didn’t get a reason and wasn’t sure if it was because the moderator disagreed with my opinion or the 2-3 people (1 has appeared on here his ‘quality’ or lack of speaks for itself) that keep replying were also reporting my posts and replies to them.
To be clear. A number of modmins raised you as prime example of a poster who needs to raise his game thus the quality control warning. All you have done here is made all modmins aware.

The Streisand effect at work.

momo83

Massive Snowflake
That’s just default text that comes with all QC warnings and are the guidelines that mods must assess when making a decision. For example when you gave me a QC warning, you mentioned the specific reasons eg calling people “snowflakes“. Varum didn’t bother to do that.

Looking at my posts that triggered this warning I don’t think they meet the criteria. Like I said perhaps the very people that were arguing with me were also reporting my posts and replies to them, one has commented on here and the lack of quality in the way he makes a point and his general attitude speaks for itself

Carolina Red

Staff
That’s just default text that comes with all QC warnings and are the guidelines that mods must assess when making a decision. For example when you gave me a QC warning, you mentioned the specific reasons eg calling people “snowflakes“. Varum didn’t bother to do that.
He doesn’t have to. Your posts were...
overly-negative, hysterical, provocative, childish, poorly formulated or just plain pointless
And the fact that this isn’t the first time you’ve been QC warned should be a big flashing sign.

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
How can you even see which mod has given you a warning? Haven't had one since 2016 but under "Given by", it just says Moderation Staff.

Varun

Staff

Looking at my posts that triggered this warning I don’t think they meet the criteria. Like I said perhaps the very people that were arguing with me were also reporting my posts and replies to them, one has commented on here and the lack of quality in the way he makes a point and his general attitude speaks for itself
Custom text is added when the default message doesn't capture the reason. In this case, it did.

Not sure why you've gone on to pretend here that you were warned for a specific post about Ole and Woodward when your warning PM clearly states its for posting history and not a particular post.

To be clear, the quality of your posts have been below par and after discussion in the mods forum, it was decided to let you know that you need to up your game. It has nothing to do with me disagreeing with any particular opinion of yours. The place would be inundated with warnings if we warned folks for every opinion that a mod disagreed with.

momo83

Massive Snowflake
Custom text is added when the default message doesn't capture the reason. In this case, it did.

Not sure why you've gone on to pretend here that you were warned for a specific post about Ole and Woodward when your warning PM clearly states its for posting history and not a particular post.

To be clear, the quality of your posts have been below par and after discussion in the mods forum, it was decided to let you know that you need to up your game. It has nothing to do with me disagreeing with any particular opinion of yours. The place would be inundated with warnings if we warned folks for every opinion that a mod disagreed with.
Haven’t pretended anything.. always said I didn’t know the reason. It came hours after I posted about Ed Woodward getting too much flack and not getting enough credit for taking us out of austerity. One or two members obviously took offence and couldn’t articulate their opposing views properly to me. I assumed they reported my post and my replies to them and you gave a QC by judging the opinion not the content.

Varun

Staff
Haven’t pretended anything.. always said I didn’t know the reason. It came hours after I posted about Ed Woodward getting too much flack and not getting enough credit for taking us out of austerity. One or two members obviously took offence and couldn’t articulate their opposing views properly to me. I assumed they reported my post and my replies to them and you gave a QC by judging the opinion not the content.
If only there was some sort of PM system on Caf where you could ask the mod in question the reason eh? Would have been even better if the site had a auto PM system for warnings that triggered such a conversation.

momo83

Massive Snowflake
If only there was some sort of PM system on Caf where you could ask the mod in question the reason eh? Would have been even better if the site had a auto PM system for warnings that triggered such a conversation.
When you complain to an arresting officer that he wrongfully arrested you and he brushes you off, you tend to not complain to him again.

Zlatattack

I have 4 warning points, I only knew about one. That was when I made a joke about the Saudi journalist murder and the consequences of poor performance lf the Saudis took over.

Thought it was a bit snowflakey tbh, considering what we get away with usually (maybe it was too soon).

On the bright side I've been a good boy in 2019.

momo83

Massive Snowflake
I have 4 warning points, I only knew about one. That was when I made a joke about the Saudi journalist murder and the consequences of poor performance lf the Saudis took over.

Thought it was a bit snowflakey tbh, considering what we get away with usually (maybe it was too soon).

On the bright side I've been a good boy in 2019.
Your joke made me laugh.

diarm

Gets a warning for overly-negative, hysterical, provocative, childish, poorly formulated or just plain pointless posts.
Starts an overly-negative, hysterical, provocative, childish, poorly formulated and just plain pointless thread.

Some people just don't want to be educated.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Nope. Will be quoting from it though
You don't see anything wrong with a page poking fun at anyone behind their back without their knowledge? Unless it's @Eboue who actually runs the page.

People have been band for less on this forum.

Penna

Kind Moderator (with a bit of a mean streak)
Staff
We do talk about things in the mods' forum, you know. QC warnings are always flagged up, to get a sense of what other modmins feel about that poster's contributions. We're not a set of individuals acting independently from each other.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Note to all massive snowflakes

We can just give a warning just for shits and giggles. No reason needs to be given. Take that on board before complaining about warnings in the future.

Interval

Level
I know the real reason behind this. @Varun, the fat feck, has become fat by stuffing too many momos in his mouth. He hates himself and blames momos for this. Subliminal projecting going on in here.

@harshad can verify. In fact varun even messages people with pictures of momos in provocative positions

oates

No one is a match for his two masters degrees
Scout
Supports
Arsenal
Imagine being this riled up about a fecking warning in a football forum :houllier:
Exactly. Take your licks and learn from them, stop getting more warnings because ultimately you want to create agreement. Unless of course you enjoy conflict.

harshad

Play the odds, not the man - Poor man's Harvey
Scout
On a long road that returns to Old Trafford!!!
I know the real reason behind this. @Varun, the fat feck, has become fat by stuffing too many momos in his mouth. He hates himself and blames momos for this. Subliminal projecting going on in here.

@harshad can verify. In fact varun even messages people with pictures of momos in provocative positions
Agree completely!

momo83

Massive Snowflake
We do talk about things in the mods' forum, you know. QC warnings are always flagged up, to get a sense of what other modmins feel about that poster's contributions. We're not a set of individuals acting independently from each other.
Ok. Funnily enough, after starting this thread, I read @verum had edited and changed someone’s post because he doesn’t agree with their view. Was that something you all agreed he could do together?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.