Wayne Rooney | 2012-14 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Wayne can make a terrible mistake by leaving, now. As debt becoming smaller, we may go and buy even 4 exciting players, just like it was in 2007.

SAF and Moyes will do absolutely everything to make this side stronger and current squad is already packed with ability and talent for years to come.

Nick 0208 Ldn

News 24
If he goes, so be it. I still remember how Fergie reacted at that press conference during the last shenanigans over Rooney wanting a transfer. Fergie was visibly upset. A lot of United fans of my acquaintance haven't forgiven or forgotten that, so I won't beat my breast in anguish if Rooney leaves. No player is irreplaceable.
Quite.

When you consider how other forwards have at this club have responded to challenges encountered when serving it, Rooney does not in the latter part of his time here compare all that well. From Ole in the past to arguably Hernandez more recently.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
Even if Wayne isn't involved in the game on Sunday, he'll have to be involved in the trophy ceremony to collect his medal.

If he/the Club/Sir Alex (who understandably hasn't spoken this week outside of the Club issued statements) don't address these rumours, then that will set-up a negative crowd reaction when he does pick-up his medal. Of course if this is all true or the Club want him out, then I doubt they'll care.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Exactly. They played a poker game that week, and both sides got what they wanted. Big deal.
The saga started with people genuinely questioning Fergie and MUST releasing a statement backhandedly backing Rooney about our ability to compete.

It ended with everyone within football on fergie's side scolding him and most outside sympathising with the most powerful and (from an oppo fan perspective) disliked person in the league. Rooney was backed into a corner.

It was utter genius.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
It was. So Fergie got what he wanted, and Rooney's camp obviously did as well (which was what I was getting at). I've never really bought into the whole "he hurt Fergie" "he disrespected us" "how dare he question the manager" thing, it was just arm-wrestling during that week, move on.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
It was obviously more than just arm wrestling. Rooney behaved like an utter prick at the time. Moving on wont stop me from callings a spade a spade.

I do agree that fergie played his cards fantastically.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
It was. So Fergie got what he wanted, and Rooney's camp obviously did as well (which was what I was getting at). I've never really bought into the whole "he hurt Fergie" "he disrespected us" "how dare he question the manager" thing, it was just arm-wrestling during that week, move on.
Yeah. The "genius" stroke obviously ignores the fact Rooney managed to get a whopping payrise out of it.

Though in his defence, I can't bring myself to believe he's approaching that cleverness. It was Stretford.

The genius came from people being in Fergie's corner and him seeming like the victor, which, by comparison, didn't happen so much when Stretney pulled the same thing on Moyes in 2004.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
Yeah. The "genius" stroke obviously ignores the fact Rooney managed to get a whopping payrise out of it.

Though in his defence, I can't bring myself to believe he's approaching that cleverness. It was Stretford.

The genius came from people being in Fergie's corner and him seeming like the victor, which, by comparison, didn't happen so much when Stretney pulled the same thing on Moyes in 2004.
Agreed, especially about the part concerning Stretford. But to be honest, I don't think Rooney is half as stupid as we often make him out to be. Not saying he's a genius, but he doesn't come accross as thick as Rio does for example.

Nick 0208 Ldn

News 24
If the incident comes back to haunt Rooney now there'd be some justice in that.

The agent will be rewarded no matter how this plays out which is a pity.

LR7

You know how much I like Rooney wr8 and want him to stay as much as you but Im not sure those pictures mean anything. Ji Sung Park has not long come off that united direct website.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
Yes, according to TalkSport, Rooney is composing tweets about his future as I type.

To be fair, I've finished typing my tweet-length post about it now. Keep up, Rooney.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
WayneRooney @WayneRooney

Ta ra SAF. He...is...a...legend.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
For goodness sake, Rooney, I've just started and finished writing my first novel while waiting for this tweet.

SteveJ

Scout
It'll probably be about the latest boxset he's bought.

SteveJ

Scout
Seeing how smug Keys was yesterday, Roo's tweet is likely to be some rubbish about him never intending to leave.

SteveJ

Scout
United Mancunian ‏@UtdMancunian 5m
Rooney announcement shortly. Said to be a statement. Doesn't look good...

Status
Not open for further replies.