Don't Call Me Douglas
I can't wait any longer...

We love you, Rooney.

You're a cnut, Rooney.

I'll delete as appropriate later.

Brophs

The One and Only
United Mancunian ‏@UtdMancunian 5m
Rooney announcement shortly. Said to be a statement. Doesn't look good...
They didn't check his spelling and grammar before he released it, did they? :(

RonaldoVII

http://www.officialwaynerooney.com/news/article/response-to-twitter-media-story

Statement from Wayne Rooney

There’s a load of rubbish being written about me changing twitter bio saying I have deleted Manchester United from it.
I have never deleted Manchester United from the bio whatever the papers are saying because it was never on there.
All that happened was that I was asked by Nike to add @nikeuk to it – the same as many other sportspeople they sponsor.
Funny, no-one’s written about that though!
That change was made THREE weeks ago and yet people are talking about it as if its something that was put up yesterday..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Statement from Nike

A spokesperson for Nike confirmed: In April, we asked Wayne Rooney and other Nike sponsored athletes to add @nikeuk on to their profiles due to changes in ASA guidelines relating to athletes and social media.

wr8_utd

:'(
http://www.officialwaynerooney.com/news/article/response-to-twitter-media-stormy

Response in relation to the media stories surrounding Wayne’s Twitter profile:

Statement from Wayne Rooney

There’s a load of rubbish being written about me changing twitter bio saying I have deleted Manchester United from it.
I have never deleted Manchester United from the bio whatever the papers are saying because it was never on there.
All that happened was that I was asked by Nike to add @nikeuk to it – the same as many other sportspeople they sponsor.
Funny, no-one’s written about that though!
That change was made THREE weeks ago and yet people are talking about it as if its something that was put up yesterday..

Statement from Nike

A spokesperson for Nike confirmed: In April, we asked Wayne Rooney and other Nike sponsored athletes to add @nikeuk on to their profiles due to changes in ASA guidelines relating to athletes and social media.

Brophs

The One and Only
Way to address the issues people really care about, Wayne. Any comments on Jordan's unborn baby?

NinjaFletch

Puts out a statement denying the twitter thing, doesn't deny that he requested a transfer.

Bye Wayne.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
So basically confirming that he has asked to leave United. cnut.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
No denial that he's actually leaving though :lol:

Hectic

Supports
30fps
:lol:

What?! Why would he only respond to the god damn twitter thing, no-one gives a feck about that! Has to be gone.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Hey, has anyone else noticed that Wayne's changed his Twitter bio from 'Manchester United player' to...oh.

wr8_utd

:'(
He just can't do anything right on here :lol:
If he comes out and denies the transfer request, then everyone will want him to come out and deny that he's fat.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff

What?! Why would he only respond to the god damn twitter thing, no-one gives a feck about that! Has to be gone.
Been annoying me a bit that people have mentioned that twitter thing about 700 times even though it had been mentioned and dealt with many times before, but yeah... he's gone.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
If he comes out and denies the transfer request, then everyone will want him to come out and deny that he's fat.

What the feck? It's simple, if he's willing to come out and deny a story about him changing his twitter name, he can quite easily deny the far bigger story about him handing in a transfer request. He's ignored it, when clearly that's all anyone cares about. He shouldn't have commented at all if he wasn't going to outright deny it, and choosing to only deny the twitter bit but ignore the much bigger picture is just weird.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
The most Milner-sent-off tweet of the year.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
What the feck is wrong with you?

Fergus' son

Gets very easily confused
:confused:

Rooney really is thick though isn't he, what a stupid statement to release.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
It's conceivable that he's prepared to wait until he meets Moyes before making a decision. I've just read an article which states that Rooney's tired of life under Ferguson, and that no formal transfer request has been made. Apparently, he doesn't have any concerns about life at United in general.

Brophs

The One and Only
It's a bit like a bank robber who kills loads of people becoming indignant when people accuse him of nicking the getaway car.

Actually it's nothing like that at all.

Seveneric

Very weird, it's like you can seemingly defend ANYTHING :lol: Do you think it makes sense on any level that he puts out a statement for something so trivial, but doesn't address whether or not he's living?:rolleyes:

hp88

We just want know if he's staying, no one gives a toss about his profile page.

Status
Not open for further replies.