Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Might not miss him, too much. Hasn't been great, recently, although none of our strikers have been.

We might even be better off playing a midfielder up front, as they seem to know how to score.

m1tch

With Shaw's injury should we be expecting/fearing that Rooney will be in midfield tomorrow with Blind moved to left back?

NL Max

Dutch ITK, for reals
With Shaw's injury should we be expecting/fearing that Rooney will be in midfield tomorrow with Blind moved to left back?
With Rojo also out, the only other option at leftback is Ashley Young. Van Gaal has only used Young at leftback once this season, and that was when he was forced to bring Shaw off because of injury. Not sure if a left side of Young-Di Maria will be good enough defensively.

Rooney is also one of the few players who van Gaal deems good enough to be a defensive player so he has his balance. So it's very likely that Rooney will play 8 and Herrera 6.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
The fact he's on similar wages to messi and ronaldo is sickening tbh. He's shit, he has one decent game in 5 or 6 games.

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
Right before West Brom's break for the free kick Rooney was on the ground protesting for a free kick when the ball went right past him. Should've just got on with it. Always seems to let stuff like that get to him. Nice dive late on too, but obviously it wasn't jonny foreigner.

Señor

Humongous twit who can't read
He gets paid £300k a week, he's our captain, he's meant to be leading by example and yet still he's got a million apologists defending him when he's found anonymous again.

RedStarUnited

Where the feck was he in that second half?

How can an out of sorts RVP play better in that no10 role than him?

Devil may care

He offers nothing deeper except workrate, if not used as a #9 he's not going to offer us a lot in a tightly packed game.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Wank today. Did barely anything on the ball, didn't even work too hard off it, sloppy passing throughout. Needs to get back in form, he's been poor for his standards for a few months now really.

Ringo 07

When he plays in midfield we always lose while always dominating possession. He should be nowhere near midfield ever again

Boycott

Why is he a holding midfielder at home against West Brom?

He plays on instinct not nous. Every time he's in midfield he tries too much and becomes a clogger. He should have been further up where he can go up against their defence. Not covering ours.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
He should have stepped up and taken the penalty. Really disappointed that he deferred responsibility to a player who hasn't scored in months.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Not a midfielder. Just doesn't have the dynamism or the guile. He's not quick enough in the head. You see Mata and Herrera using the ball with split second decisions, and it makes Rooney's overall play look like a slow-motion replay.

I still think he's a solid centre forward, but that is all he is. I just don't know what all these pundits are seeing when they say that they see Rooney being a midfielder in the next few years. If anything, I see it going the other way, and I predict he'll be more of an Inzaghi centre forward into his 30s, limited involvement and just playing on the shoulder. I think he'll always be a good finisher, but his mobility and quickness of thought will wane, and I don't think he's too strong at the latter anyway.

saivet

He's shite in midfield but I find it hard to criticise him too much, simply because he's being played out of position.

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
He's not been a good centre forward really this season either. People were falsely led into believing it because we had what looked like a solid team that's now been found out because Carrick is injured and half of them aren't that good.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
He should have stepped up and taken the penalty. Really disappointed that he deferred responsibility to a player who hasn't scored in months.
Isn't his penalty record actually quite poor?

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
If I recall, Van Persie took over responsibilities for penalties from Rooney. Of course this was under Fergie's last year.

Given he missed his last pen he probably wasn't best placed to demand an immediate change either.

settembrini

He doesn't know how to play as a midfielder, like at all. He has one idea, ping it to the right wing. Maybe he still thinks we have Ronaldo playing there :(

Status
Not open for further replies.