Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisG11

He is one of the best in the world, even still, and there's not another striker I would trade him for. He's been an absolute asset for us for s number of years and despite all the scrutiny not only from other supporters, but our own as well, he always manages to produce and react positively. It'll be a sad day when he eventually parts ways.

JUPITER

He is one of the best in the world, even still, and there's not another striker I would trade him for. He's been an absolute asset for us for s number of years and despite all the scrutiny not only from other supporters, but our own as well, he always manages to produce and react positively. It'll be a sad day when he eventually parts ways.
Hopefully he stays with United until he retires. I'd hate to see Rooney leave.

Roman Bellic

Prick
I kind of feel like his unattractiveness is the problem, he doesn't look,talk or act like a star, if he looked like Nick Powell he would be a god by now.

Clas Sified

Yeah, I hate to see Rooney not being truly recognised as an elite player. Whenever I tell my mates Rooney is up there with the best (bar Ronaldo and Messi), I always get laughed at. He's better than Lewandowski and up there with Aguero and Suarez IMO.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
Yeah, I hate to see Rooney not being truly recognised as an elite player. Whenever I tell my mates Rooney is up there with the best (bar Ronaldo and Messi), I always get laughed at. He's better than Lewandowski and up there with Aguero and Suarez IMO.
In France, I don't really have this problem. Most of my mates that watch football regard him as one of the best players around.

Walters_19_MuFc

Henry wrote in The Sun: 'You will only truly appreciate Rooney when he has retired. It's a shame but it's always like hat.

'I would absolutely urge all those youngsters in the squad, such as Raheem Sterling and Harry Kane, to watch and learn off Rooney from this day onwards.

'They are extremely lucky to be on the same training pitch as this guy and they must make the most of it. It will be a real waste if they do not.

'They must try to copy him. In terms of his dedication and the way he plays. I would also say this to the young lads at Manchester United.
'To play well for six months or a season in football is nothing. To do so for over a decade like Rooney is extraordinary. I know what it takes and it isn't easy.

'Trust me, people talk about him outside of this country. In Spain and France, he is appreciated as a top, top player.'

It's a shame our own fans are incapable of doing the same.
100% agree. Rooney's has performed superbly for us for 10 consistent seasons, and yet some fans don't want to appreciate him because of what he's done in the past, despite him still being here, unlike some players that move to Real Madrid. The guys an absolute legend, whether people like it or not.

Brightonian

How was he on Tuesday evening? Didn't get to see the game!
He was pretty good. Arguably the only attacking player who performed in the first half, and then at the centre of all our best football in the second. Unlucky not to score (must have had a couple saved and a couple off the woodwork). Worked hard, and his long-passing game was in full flow. Produced the pass of the match with a flat, raking 50-yarder floated over a defender and into Walcott, who really should have found the back of the net.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
100% agree. Rooney's has performed superbly for us for 10 consistent seasons, and yet some fans don't want to appreciate him because of what he's done in the past, despite him still being here, unlike some players that move to Real Madrid. The guys an absolute legend, whether people like it or not.
Subtle dig noted.

That aside, it is a shame how he doesn't get the credit he deserves. Henry is spot on, opposing teams on the continent respect him as a player, and they know what he brings to the table.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
He was pretty good. Arguably the only attacking player who performed in the first half, and then at the centre of all our best football in the second. Unlucky not to score (must have had a couple saved and a couple off the woodwork). Worked hard, and his long-passing game was in full flow. Produced the pass of the match with a flat, raking 50-yarder floated over a defender and into Walcott, who really should have found the back of the net.
Cheers!

RedMachine03

Poster of Articles
Ander Herrera feels Wayne Rooney's leadership skills are helping to inspire Manchester United ahead of the run-in.

The club captain gave a passionate speech to the squad following the disappointing FA Cup exit to Arsenal and it had the desired impact with top-drawer performances accounting for Tottenham and Liverpool in two tough Barclays Premier League outings.

When asked by United Review if Rooney's words had a galvanising effect, in-form Herrera replied: "Yes, it always has an impact. Wayne Rooney is our leader. He is maybe the strongest guy - not only physically, but also mentally. I think we in the squad are following him always. He is our captain, our leader and our [biggest] character. I think he shows very, very well what Manchester United is."

wr8_utd

:'(
Ander Herrera feels Wayne Rooney's leadership skills are helping to inspire Manchester United ahead of the run-in.

The club captain gave a passionate speech to the squad following the disappointing FA Cup exit to Arsenal and it had the desired impact with top-drawer performances accounting for Tottenham and Liverpool in two tough Barclays Premier League outings.
Sell him.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Rooney is a very good player, but we should still look to get a new youngish Striker in (and get rid of RVP)

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Done much more than Falcao and rvp would do.

Caf logic when he plays crap.
No, he's done absolutely nothing, and no more than the two you named.

If he's not playing well, we are entitled to call him out and discuss.

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
Playing such a disjointed line up earlier in the year with 2 up top clearly hurt our strikers form. They won't be afforded a run up front as a lone striker anytime soon though.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
He's just fine today.
How, just how do you come up with this?

He's been probably our worst player today, barely involved, and lost the ball most of the times due his poor touch, just how is it possible that this is considered as fine?

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
One of his best. Just pure class.

NessunDorma

Rooney to AdM/AdM to Rooney has to be our most productive partnership of the season? Anyone got the numbers in terms of how many goals they've linked up for?

Status
Not open for further replies.