Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

prarek

We know David, we know.

"Chelsea were close to taking him," Moyes told The Sunday Times.

"Jose Mourinho was interested but we wouldn't do any business. I had to fight to make sure he stayed - and was at the heart, again, of what Manchester United were going to be moving forward."

clarkydaz

One again, Moyes was instrumental in keeping Rooney at United. He mended relationships for Rooney at the club. Both Rooney and Moyes have said as much and I believe Fergie may have said something to that effect as well.
fergie saying something along the lines of its up to moyes if he wants him. moyes admitted he thought Fellaini would be our frank lampard, to make it even more of a calamity on moyes' head.

caisenma

I ♥ Adnan
Jeez. You know what? Yes, I was wrong. So were Moyes and Rooney. You keyboard warriors have the vantage point of a high horse most of us dont have in our stables.

fecking hell.

Not everything Moyes did was terrible. Like any other human being he did a few good things, and Rooney was definitely one of them.

Roman Bellic

Prick
I dont have time to reply to this because I want to take a nap and typing bores me, but again, Rooney credited Moyes for keeping him at United. There is no way around that. If you dont accept that, then there is literally nothing else anyone can say that can change your mind because clearly it's already made up.

One again, Moyes was instrumental in keeping Rooney at United. He mended relationships for Rooney at the club. Both Rooney and Moyes have said as much and I believe Fergie may have said something to that effect as well.
Enjoy your nap, maybe when you wake up you can actually find a single quote to back your argument, or maybe you won't as you stated "typing bores you".

*typing bores me*

*joins forum*

Roman Bellic

Prick
Are we going to give Kenny Dalglish credit for Suarez winning the Player of the year award?

Or Tata Martino for Messi signing a new contract at Barcelona?

Roman Bellic

Prick
"Rooney’s initial mindset was leaning towards leaving United last summer after former boss Ferguson made public a private conversation that the player was not happy with his role in the team.

Rooney’s future at United was a ticking time-bomb handed down by Ferguson to United’s new manager.

But Moyes skilfully defused the situation." - from the article.

I guess the Mirror is the most 'reliable' source of information and we have David Moyes to thank for "skilfully defusing" the Rooney situation, which was said to be a "ticking time-bomb" especially after that 20m bid from Chelsea, we also need to thank Dave for masterminding our top 4 finish this season by somehow making the champions finish 7th to accommodate his sacking and Giggs' retirement/short stint as coach and LVG's appointment, which has made his signings to thrive enabling us to finish in the top 4....dont forget Guillermo Varela who was included in Real Madrid's CL squad this season after going to Castilla on loan- don't think Moyeseh gets a lot of credit for that too.

caisenma

I ♥ Adnan
Are we going to give Kenny Dalglish credit for Suarez winning the Player of the year award?

Or Tata Martino for Messi signing a new contract at Barcelona?
There are basic human truths and that everyone is responsible for some good. Why this concept escapes some of you perhaps speaks more about you as people than you'd like to admit.

Miyes was not a good manager for us. I'm glad he's gone, but if there was one good thing about his reign it was his work in defusing Wayne's desire to leave.

If you cant even give him that, youre fecking insufferable.

caisenma

I ♥ Adnan
"Rooney’s initial mindset was leaning towards leaving United last summer after former boss Ferguson made public a private conversation that the player was not happy with his role in the team.

Rooney’s future at United was a ticking time-bomb handed down by Ferguson to United’s new manager.

I guess the Mirror is the most 'reliable' source of information and we have David Moyes to thank for "skilfully defusing" the Rooney situation, which was said to be a "ticking time-bomb" especially after that 20m bid from Chelsea, we also need to thank Dave for masterminding our top 4 finish this season by somehow making the champions finish 7th to accommodate his sacking and Giggs' retirement/short stint as coach and LVG's appointment, which has made his signings to thrive enabling us to finish in the top 4....dont forget Guillermo Varela who was included in Real Madrid's CL squad this season after going to Castilla on loan- don't think Moyeseh gets a lot of credit for that too.
Right. Again, you would know. Did Moyes commit a war crime against your family or something because this is ludicrous.

Do you also argue in favour of the flat earth theory?

caisenma

I ♥ Adnan

Also, do you believe you're right and that Neville is wrong on this matter?

Dumbat12

There are basic human truths and that everyone is responsible for some good. Why this concept escapes some of you perhaps speaks more about you as people than you'd like to admit.

Miyes was not a good manager for us. I'm glad he's gone, but if there was one good thing about his reign it was his work in defusing Wayne's desire to leave.

If you cant even give him that, youre fecking insufferable.
I'm sorry, but anyone can diffuse Rooney's desire to leave by offering him 300k a week, something he doesn't deserve.

And as for making Rooney stay, personally I prefer those 30 million Jose was going to give us.

caisenma

I ♥ Adnan
I'm sorry, but anyone can diffuse Rooney's desire to leave by offering him 300k a week, something he doesn't deserve.

And as for making Rooney stay, personally I prefer those 30 million Jose was going to give us.
well then i'm sorry that you're daft enough to accept 30 million pounds (from two seasons ago, no less) that would have seen us lose our top outfield player to chelsea, all for a sum of money we don't need. 30 million would literally have no affect on our transfer business whatsoever. but hey, at least rooney would then have played for chelsea last year and this, relieving us of his terrible burden. oh, and he'd likely have been enough for them to win the title last year as well.

ridiculous.

Roman Bellic

Prick
well then i'm sorry that you're daft enough to accept 30 million pounds (from two seasons ago, no less) that would have seen us lose our top outfield player to chelsea, all for a sum of money we don't need. 30 million would literally have no affect on our transfer business whatsoever. but hey, at least rooney would then have played for chelsea last year and this, relieving us of his terrible burden. oh, and he'd likely have been enough for them to win the title last year as well.

ridiculous.
Ridiculous is the correct word.

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé

Do you get a cut of those 30m?

And it's 400k.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Do you get a cut of those 30m?

And it's 400k.
400k do you have inside knowledge or just plucking a figure? We could have sold Rooney and bought Falcao outright brilliant signing much better player.......oh wait shit

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Pretty sure it's 350k and he gets a large percentage of Falcao's image rights. It's why the chap always looks on the verge of tears.

Everton 3:0 Man Utd

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Not enough runs or movement going forward so far in the Everton game. Decent defensive work and pressure but when the midfielders have the ball he's standing and watching, not moving or looking for a through ball far too often. Thus slowing it down. Could be orders from Louis but it's no wonder Falcao was seen to be warming up.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
I see Rooney doing very little, but at the same time, we seem to offer him absolutely nothing, as we did last week.

MelvinYeo

I'm only here for the post count
He doesn't have the ability to drag us through games like these. He's been crap for a few weeks now, silent domination my arse

RORY65

He's been helped by being way better than Falcao and a fair bit better than Van Persie. He doesn't compare favourably to the forwards in the top sides around Europe, whom we presumably want to be one of again in the next couple of seasons. That being said, it would be very difficult for anyone up front given how slowly we're moving it and the lack of service they'd get.

m1tch

The best clubs have a striker that nets them 25-30 league goals a season. He'll continue to hold us back as we've committed to building a team around a 15-20 goal striker.

DevilRed

Service has been poor to him. However, in a lone striker formation like this we need guys like Mata and Fellaini to really be in a supporting role and cause danger. So far we do not have any players that can take a ball, turn and run past a defender.

The one player that we have that can do that is sitting on the bench.

Top four is no guarantee with the amount of away fixtures we still need to play. At this rate Rooney better get his shooting boots on because we MUST win our remaining home matches and at least get results from our other away matches.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
If this 433 thing is going to be permanent then rooney can't be our main striker, he simply isn't good enough

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
If I hadn't watched the game I'd have thought he was terrible. As it is, he's had a decent game with zero service as has been the case no matter who's played up top. We don't create enough. Simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.