Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rossa

Don't think he's been rubbish actually. In the first half he did quite well. I think we play too much sideways when he plays deeper, which I don't like.

Ludens the Red

The usual Rooney at Goodison display. Actually he's been slightly better than previous years in that he's not given the ball away as much.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Hate him in the deeper role, have for years. He's not offering much up top at the minute either.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Fecking shite he was. He is not a top level striker for me, his touch is so poor and his hold up play was non existent. Constantly beaten to the ball when it was played into him, we need a more dynamic striker up top than him, Falcao and RVP.

ZDwyr

His form has dropped a fair bit the last few games. His status as captain and thus being immune from being dropped is an issue that will hinder us in the future.

Sparky Rhiwabon

We desperately need a new striker. Rooney has alway been good in short bursts but he is past his best and only going to get worse over the next year or so, as RVP has.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
did I hear he'd only scored 4 against Everton in the 11 years?

Say that's in 22-25 games (not sure how many cup games), that's pretty poor. I know he's missed a few games, injured/kept out of the abuse, but still.

buckooo1978

hasn't put in a really good performance since the Spurs match

You'd expect more from him

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
I wonder if there's a striker in the world that would look good in the sole striker role in this system?

Devil may care

His touch and hold up play wasn't very good, but in a front 3 the 2 players left and right of him need to get much closer and they didn't all game, so he was isolated.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Thing is, if you have little service, then you have to make the most of any situation where you have the ball/are affecting the play, and Rooney didn't do that... so yeah, pretty rubbish overall.

ottosec

He's played at most 2 good games since he was moved as a striker. If Falcao or RVP would be putting in these kind of performances people would be asking for their heads.

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
did I hear he'd only scored 4 against Everton in the 11 years?

Say that's in 22-25 games (not sure how many cup games), that's pretty poor. I know he's missed a few games, injured/kept out of the abuse, but still.
He's done alright against tougher teams.

Aston Villa 14
Arsenal 12
Fulham 12
West Ham United 12
Manchester City 11
Newcastle 11
Portsmouth 10
Tottenham 10
Wigan 10
Bolton 9
Chelsea 9
Hull City 7
WBA 7
Milan 6
Sunderland 6
Liverpool 5
Middlesbrough 5
Birmingham City 4
Blackburn 4
Everton 4
Reading 4
Roma 4
Athletic Bilbao 3
Fenerbahçe 3
Norwich City 3
QPR 3
Sheffield United 3
Southampton 3
Stoke City 3
Watford 3
Wolverhampton Wanderers 3

And the rest...

Exeter City 1
Charlton Athletic 1
Debrecen 1
Barcelona 1
Schalke 04 1
Dynamo Kyiv 2
Gamba Osaka 2
LDU Quito 1
Aalborg BK 2
Porto 1
Celtic 1
Bayern Munich 1
Burnley 1
Oțelul Galați 2
Braga 1
Bayer Leverkusen 2
Crystal Palace 2
Cardiff City 1
Preston North End 1
Swansea City 1

(lost somewhere one goal)

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Was decent in the first half like most of the team.

Poor in the 2nd half like most of the team as well.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Been saying all season that I think he needs to be improved upon, however I can't see it happening. I'm not even sure if there is any better on the market now, I just know that he's been left behind the great attacking players in the game today.

He's too easy to handle by defenders who themselves are not even all that, and I also don't think he has enough of a goal threat these days.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
It would take a different kind of player, not one who is by nature more a '10' than a '9'.
You presumably think RVP and Falcao are past it then? See I'm of the opinion that both still have a lot to offer and would look different players in a team firing on full cylinders playing a system that plays to their strengths. I don't think Falcao will ever work here, but RVP has potential as he's not had a chance when we've been playing well.

Kag

He was fine in the first half. Poor the second, like the whole team.

If I never have to witness that pass out wide to Valencia ever again I'll be a happy man.

Status
Not open for further replies.