Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
4. 5 (forgot one FA Cup link) Di Maria above, Rooney below.

Mata
Herrera
Falcao
Fellaini
Mata
Rooney
Smalling
van Persie
Herrera
Mata
Rooney

Rooney (FA Cup)

+++++++++++++++++++++++

Herrera
Di Maria
van Persie
van Persie

Di Maria (FA Cup)

Last edited:

Wade3

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Good game by Wazza, scored a superb goal and played a large part in us getting a third one.

togg

If I hear any more Rooney baters I'll go mad. No he doesn't always play brilliantly during a game all the time, but you keep him on for the reasons he proved...a bloody great goal and determination to win the ball to feed Mata. For me, he is the heart of our team...with his work rate, determination and that never want to lose attitude. He's United through and through, regardless of falling out with Fergie...not as though others haven't. He has dedicated his whole bleeding career to us..that has to say something.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
What a goal that was. Was poor before the goal but much better afterwards. Typical Rooney. :lol:

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I very nearly posted about five minutes before his goal that he'd been sloppy and poor and it'd be typical of him to score a screamer like the overhead v City. Glad I didn't say anything and jinx it :)

Kostur

海尔的老板
'Get Falcao on for him'

Not the biggest fan of Rooney myself but people are off their tits with statements like this, great taken goal, needs to sort his shit out when things don't go his way though, he should be the leader on the pitch and not sulking for whole half after a pen's not given (although ref's been incredibly frustrating, yes).

saivet

I probably rated him too highly on today's game reading through the thread. Only saw the second half and he seemed fine enough to me. Some heavy touches at times though.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
I thought that he was awful before the goal, but what a strike! The man is a genius. Played better after he dropped deeper to Fellaini's position. Again, the strikers dilemma?

hbgreg

Was crap the entire game, then scored a brilliant goal that won it and created the chance practically all by himself to seal it.

Edit: And drew a penalty and red card at the beginning that never was.

togg

'Get Falcao on for him'

Not the biggest fan of Rooney myself but people are off their tits with statements like this, great taken goal, needs to sort his shit out when things don't go his way though, he should be the leader on the pitch and not sulking for whole half after a pen's not given (although ref's been incredibly frustrating, yes).
I just don't understand why people aren't a fan of Rooney, apart from the problems he had with Fergie. He doesn't always produce brilliantly throughout a game, but then again, nor do loads of the players. But I would always keep him on...no matter what. Because invariably he produces that one piece of magic that can change a game, plus he never really gives up. He's given his whole career to us....

ottosec

Looked much better when Falcao came on and he was moved behind the striker. Fantastic goal and determination for the third!

wr8_utd

:'(
The goals against Newcastle and the 3rd today are something only Rooney in our squad can cause. His enthusiasm and work rate even at the end of games in invaluable. People get frustrated at him showing his frustration on the pitch or "not being a leader" and needing to calm down but that determination for the 3rd goal was because he felt aggrieved and angry over the drop ball.

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
Average performance but a great goal and made an important contribution for our third goal.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Wanted Falcao to replace him around 60th, to give Falcao a bit of responsibility and sit his ass down after a thoroughly average performance but then he pulled off that beauty of a goal plus the hockey assist to Herrera's second.

Devil may care

Worked hard as always and scored a cracker, but trying to deny that he couldn't get the ball to stick at all during the first half seems weird to me.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Typical Rooney. Bitty performance and then scores a banger!

Considering how impotent our strikers have been at times this season, I'll have that.

Roman Bellic

Prick

marlowe78

I was disappointed with him, to be honest. Yes, he was ripped off of a penalty but he was seething long after that and it was hurting his performance. You need to be better than that as captain. Goal, though, was undeniably great.

NessunDorma

One of these players has only played 37% of his league games as a striker, compared to 100% of the other two:

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
2 of those players played in an imbalanced side with 3 at the back and Rooney in midfield. Falcao's such a better assister than Rooney did you know.

What site/app is that by the way?

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
He was awful today, first touch of a rhino. Clearly affected by not getting the penalty and let it get into his head the whole game.

What a goal though.

NessunDorma

2 of those players played in an imbalanced side with 3 at the back and Rooney in midfield. Falcao's such a better assister than Rooney did you know.

What site/app is that by the way?
It's Squawka's comparison matrix.

But yeah, 2 of those players did play in an 'unbalanced' side. Part of that imbalance was down to the fact that the two of them were about as threatening as a soggy lettuce up front, and their lethargy made us look blunt, despite all of our possession.

Since Rooney went back up top, he's looked a much greater threat as an individual, and as a team we're producing our best form of the season.

Probably not a coincidence.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.