Wayne Rooney - Derby County player

Tel074

Rooney is still easily better than both Lingard and Pereira so he would 100% still get games for United because those two complete jokers still do .

Rooney is one of Uniteds greatest players in the past 20 years and his name will always be remembered in United history .
The best teenager ive ever seen in my life

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Thought he had a good game with some very good passes and touches. I’d still take him.

United fans sang his name all night and quite rightly. He’s an absolute legend and I love him, one of my favourite players ever. I would have loved it if he scored that free kick at the end.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Rooney is still easily better than both Lingard and Pereira so he would 100% still get games for United because those two complete jokers still do .

Rooney is one of Uniteds greatest players in the past 20 years and his name will always be remembered in United history .
The last statement is true. The first statement is not. Lingard and Pereira are both a level above him right now as bad as they both are.

van Hooijdonk

Still looking class. Great reception from our away fans. That's how you greеt a legend.

Tel074

The last statement is true. The first statement is not. Lingard and Pereira are both a level above him right now as bad as they both are.

Yeah okay I will change my mind now . Thank you for your wisdom

Tel074

I’ll remember in future not to challenge your opinion.
Sorry I've no bother someone giving a different opinion but you didn't you told me I'm wrong when it's what I believe.
If you have managed or played football at a top level then I'd listen to your opinion if you are a arm chair supporter then I will stick to what I believe.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
He is better than Grant too so why isn't he playing for us?

Rooney was our captain, wanted to play every single game, and was our top earner. If he was still here that would still be the case, so thank feck it's done, some need to realise those are the terms that made Rooney go elsewhere, and not being worse than Lingard or Perreira.

Ludens the Red

Hugely disagree based on tonight. Kinda felt sorry for Rooney, his team mates are completely useless. Makes sense where Derby are in the table. He’s no mover but he’s still twenty times the player Lingard is on the ball. If Perreira has the confidence Rooney has then he would be a level above current Rooney but he doesn’t.

PoTMS

There is no way Lingard and Pereira are a level above Rooney. At worst, Rooney is at the same level.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
There is no way Lingard and Pereira are a level above Rooney. At worst, Rooney is at the same level.
He’s not. He left the club 3 years ago because he was completely finished. He’s 3 years older now, left Everton because he was finished in the Premier League and nothing has changed.

Pereira and Lingard are certainly no world beaters but they’ve got a lot more to offer than a 34 year old Rooney, to say otherwise is just being blinded by your hate for them.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
He’s not. He left the club 3 years ago because he was completely finished. He’s 3 years older now, left Everton because he was finished in the Premier League and nothing has changed.

Pereira and Lingard are certainly no world beaters but they’ve got a lot more to offer than a 34 year old Rooney, to say otherwise is just being blinded by your hate for them.
Its really odd how people just seem to forget history or perhaps they rewrite it based on hatred and frustration. Back in the day, Rooney was often our worst player on the pitch. Mourinhos best accomplishment wasn't finishing second, it was getting Rooney out of the door in a very respectful way.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
He left the club cos he wasn't performing at the level his status (which entailed his salary) needed. It made sense. He's still clearly better than Andreas or Lingard, it's plain to see. He has less energy than them so it's an open question whether he'd play more here, but it's pure speculation anyway. That he's better than them is pretty obvious though

stevoc

Based on what i've seen from Lingard this season and Rooney tonight. I would confidently say Rooney is still better than Jesse based on his set pieces and the fact he can actually still pass even if not much else. Which is more than you can say for Mr runaround.

Walters_19_MuFc

Put Lingard and/or Pereira in the Derby team tonight and I don't think they have the same influence Rooney had. Sure he isn't as quick as he once was, but his passing and understanding of the game is still streets ahead of a lot of the players on the pitch tonight.

PoTMS

Lingard is putting in the same performances Rooney did before he left us and has been for sometime now. If Rooney is finished, so is Lingard. Our drop in standards means Rooney would still get games for us as a bit part player just as Lingard is.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
Sorry I've no bother someone giving a different opinion but you didn't you told me I'm wrong when it's what I believe.
If you have managed or played football at a top level then I'd listen to your opinion if you are a arm chair supporter then I will stick to what I believe.
Clearly, you have managed or played football at a top level, as your belief is more valid than an armchair supporter.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
Nice to see. I enjoyed him having a chat with Williams after the game, they seemed familiar which was a bit of a surprise, I wondered if Rooney had done a bit of work with the kids when he was captain and a Williams was in the U14/15 sort of age group.

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
Thought he had a good game with some very good passes and touches. I’d still take him.

United fans sang his name all night and quite rightly. He’s an absolute legend and I love him, one of my favourite players ever. I would have loved it if he scored that free kick at the end.
Agree with everything you say

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.

Agree completely.

Except for the last bit - that would have to go to Aurora Snow.

Tel074

Clearly, you have managed or played football at a top level, as your belief is more valid than an armchair supporter.
Nope but I'm not telling someone their opinions are wrong so I was just checking incase i was talking to someone with a greater experience

Luke1995

Can't believe people still get mad about Rooney's transfer requests. At the end of the day, he stayed until the club sent him out.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Honestly not sure about Lingard. I don't think I've seen a United player be as bad as him this season if we only look at players with 10+ starts in a season (thus discounting the likes of Prunier, Djemba twins, Bebe etc). 35 appearances this season and maybe like 2-3 that can be considered good.

Watching Derby before and after Rooney it looks like he's made quite the impact there. They were so dire to watch in December and came into the new year with much more intensity and energy.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Great to see him and the reception he got. I kinda agree with everyone, it does feel like he'd do a better job than Lingard, yet at the same time when he left he was completely done and had been shocking for some time. At best he probably needed a rest from the Prem, a reset and some pressure off, so it was always the right decision. There's also a difference between a one off game in the cup and playing more regularly at the top level.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
"Hello Wayne! Thanks so much for joining us on what must have been a long and emotional day"

Wayne: "I wouldn't say that erm.. you know.. Manchester United are a good team, it's a good chance for our young players..."

I may be weak and petty af, but my heart is broken and will remain broken until a true red breaks his record. It was an arranged marriage with that guy, from beginning to end

lex talionis

It was great to see Wazza today but if we’re going to be honest about it he’s completely done at the top level. There’s no dishonor in that as he was a colossus for a decade but in case anyone here forgot about it, he really was dire for the last three seasons with us.

Wayne Rooney...United Legend.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
Fan Logic: A club should dump players at the first sign of decline, but a player dare not question a club's priorities. The fact is that Rooney was absolutely right to do what he did. We had the likes of Obertan and Bebe playing for us. Fergie refused to buy midfielders for three seasons (the value years) and our general play was often rotten. Still lining up with Scholes and Giggs in midfield in 2010 ffs...and of course Rooney was proven right when the utter lack of long term planning took its toll the day Fergie left. The only player Fergie had a plan to replace was...Rooney.

Here's a player who played through injury so many times and who United and England rushed back to the player's long term detriment. Glad to see at least some fans haven't forgotten how special Rooney was.
Have you ever had the thought that the reason for that was that Rooney was the heart beat of that team and therefore when he started to decline, the whole team would along with him?

Wayne Rooney at his peak was worth two players and Fergie knew this. It meant that he could play more limited players like Welbeck and Cleverly in midfield because they were water carriers who did the donkey work for the likes of Rooney, Ronaldo and RVP.

Replacing Wayne Rooney was critical to Manchester United and we fecked it massively.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
He was so so bad for the last 3 seasons on that crazy contract and every week pundits refusing to comment on the elephant in the room. He’s a legend and it wasn’t his fault Moyes/Ed offered him that mega deal but even by then he was clearly on the decline.