Wayne Rooney | Having medical

Status
Not open for further replies.

432JuanMata

I'm not one of those people that discredits Rooney as not being a great player as he certainly was. Because of the shit performances over the last 2 or 3 seasons he gets a awful amount of stick from certain people saying he was never that good which is pure bull.

Though I am with those who say he isn't good enough for the EPL anymore. I remember in the summer the biggest worry was would Mou drop him, Then Mou drops him and thats were he stays(Also Belongs) Lingard and Rashord are 2 players that would be good for midtable sides obviously Rashford has alot of potential and I think will probably make it here yet midtable is his level now and Rooney is behind both in the pecking order. Even behind Fellaini would be shocked if was here after the summer.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Agree. The Rooney chapter is soon over and it's a little sad as he's been at the club as long as I've supported United.
Interesting.

Maybe its because I've seen so many long serving players, some of who were youth products of the club, leave United that I don't really care that Rooney's time is up. Especially when he's been far below his peak for most of the past couple of years.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
If we sell him now then have a couple injuries to strikers would we see everyone who wants him sold now start saying it was dumb to sell him now?
Zlatan
Martial - Mkhitaryan - Mata

Rashford
Martial - Mkhitaryan - Mata

Martial
Mkhitaryan - Mata - Lingard

Rashford
Martial ---------- Lingard
Pogba - Herrera
Carrick

Rashford
Lingard - Mata - Young

Mata
Lingard - Mkhitaryan - Young

You have to be really scraping the barrel before you get to a combination where you can say with any sort of confidence that Rooney would improve.

Yagami

Good post resistant
I don't really find it depressing that he's off as he's been awful for 4-5 years now and I've seen much better players leave. It's more of a relief. What I do find depressing was how soon he deteriorated because he was a brilliant player, is a club legend, and, despite all his antics and woeful performances these past 5 years, I do still like him. Well, maybe it is a tad depressing after all, but it's for the best.

With that said I definitely wouldn't sell him this month with the amount of fixtures we have. He can still be of some use to us as he has put in some decent performances this year. Though he may need to grow the beard back. Plus I'd like to see him get a proper send off at the end of the season.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Doesn't he want to play in the World Cup in 2018? He won't be going to China or the MLS if that's the case.

Womp

idiot
Doesn't he want to play in the World Cup in 2018? He won't be going to China or the MLS if that's the case.
Don't think he will be a vital part of the squad regardless tbf, his stock seemingly has plummeted this season and only looks to be getting worse.

FacerTheRed

If we sell him now then have a couple injuries to strikers would we see everyone who wants him sold now start saying it was dumb to sell him now?
Lets be honest, Rashford is even in front of Rooney if Zlatan gets injured and if Rashford gets injured then Martial moves in that position. Rooney just isnt good enough to play anywhere on the pitch anymore as we got players now who play better than him and I'm glad Jose can see that whereas LVG & Moyes couldnt. Will he go right now whilst the Chinese window is still open? I dont think so despite the incredible amount of money they could offer him, not only Rooney isnt the kind of guy that likes a move away so quickly but also I think he would like to leave as a winning legend at the end of season and grab at least one more medal which United are in contention of being in all 3 competitions. Whether you like him or hate him, the guy has had an incredible career at United and is deemed a legend in my eyes so I hope he leaves like one at the end of season.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Interesting.

Maybe its because I've seen so many long serving players, some of who were youth products of the club, leave United that I don't really care that Rooney's time is up. Especially when he's been far below his peak for most of the past couple of years.
Looking back I wish he had gone in 2013.
He was a great player for us and in that period we won everything, so it's a little sad to see him go.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Lets be honest, Rashford is even in front of Rooney if Zlatan gets injured and if Rashford gets injured then Martial moves in that position. Rooney just isnt good enough to play anywhere on the pitch anymore as we got players now who play better than him and I'm glad Jose can see that whereas LVG & Moyes couldnt. Will he go right now whilst the Chinese window is still open? I dont think so despite the incredible amount of money they could offer him, not only Rooney isnt the kind of guy that likes a move away so quickly but also I think he would like to leave as a winning legend at the end of season and grab at least one more medal which United are in contention of being in all 3 competitions. Whether you like him or hate him, the guy has had an incredible career at United and is deemed a legend in my eyes so I hope he leaves like one at the end of season.
One or two more medals won't change his status as a club legend he did that by becoming all time scorer. I hope we get as much money for him as possible so we can kick on again. The fact if he gets sold and new players bought won't be lost on a few on here after his whoring himself to City for more money.
To be honest I don't hold that against him it is a short career but when you live by the sword....

Woodzy

Much like Fellaini, I hate seeing him come off the bench at the expense of better players.

Won us a valuable point against Stoke but that's about the only thing of note he's done recently.

With that being said, with the games we have coming up then now is not the best time to get rid.

Robertd0803

I'm actually sad how little I care about him going. It should be such a big deal, but it really isn't.
Yeah, was expecting it to be all blood and thunder and drama but after seeing how effectively Jose has handled the situation it will be more a case of ''about time'' when/if he does move on.

CM

You have to be really scraping the barrel before you get to a combination where you can say with any sort of confidence that Rooney would improve
I do kind of understand where he's coming from. Rooney isn't going to displace those ahead of him in the pecking order but I'm sure we're going to need him come March/April time when we have heavy fixture congestion.

If we did sell him this month (which I don't think we will anyway) and got an injury to another player in those positions, I think we'd be a little bit stuck. But yeah, no problems whatsoever if we sell him in the summer.

LuisNaniencia

Sky Sports called my bluff
Just humour me for a minute. China buy into the Rooney brand and think he can still play football. We sell for 80m and buy Greizmann for the same amount and give him Wayne's wages.

We literally fecking trade Rooney for Greizmann and still have our whole transfer budget to spend. Could this happen?

Marcelinho87

Just humour me for a minute. China buy into the Rooney brand and think he can still play football. We sell for 80m and buy Greizmann for the same amount and give him Wayne's wages.

We literally fecking trade Rooney for Greizmann and still have our whole transfer budget to spend. Could this happen?
No, we will sell Rooney for around £20m to China if that is indeed where he goes.

Godiah Rocky Imbukuleh

R
Oh my.....

2007 Kaka destroys ANY season Rooney has ever had.
Rooney has been the better player overall. He has more goals than Kaka, more assists than Kaka both for club and country. Rooney has also played consistently at a higher level than Kaka. Even when Kaka did well in 2007 in the champions league, he wasn't spectacular in Seria A.

Sparky10Legend

R
Rooney has been the better player overall. He has more goals than Kaka, more assists than Kaka both for club and country. Rooney has also played consistently at a higher level than Kaka. Even when Kaka did well in 2007 in the champions league, he wasn't spectacular in Seria A.

Kaka was a CAM and yes Rooney has been the overall better player, but I stand by my comment that 2007 Kaka destroys anything Rooney has ever done.

That season he was the very essence of a "big game player".

EvilEuro

Was listening to Radio 5 during halftime of the City match and whomever the BBC reporter was that they were talking to regarding the Rooney situation said that not only is there interest in China regarding Rooney (which we all already knew), but that there is interest from Rooney toward China. This is the first time I've heard anyone publically say that Rooney would be interested in going to China.

Add that to the fact that Mourinho will not commit to Rooney at all in interview comments (as opposed to saying he definitely wants Zlatan back next year), and it looks like his time has well and truly come to an end. I haven't checked for Mourinho's interview today, but I believe I heard a soundbite where he said that he can't guarantee that Rooney will be with United at the end of the season. More subtle signs that point to China.

Rooney's peak athletic days are long past (Fergie was right, etc.), but he still has some salad days ahead of him to make mad money. Yes, he can make good money in the States playing in MLS. But that is a fraction of what he can make in China. MLS is not going to pay Rooney anything near the $25m USD per year that they paid for David Beckham. Rooney is looking at making life changing money for generations of his family going to China.

He knows he's done. Mourinho let Rooney play himself out of the team with a series of performances so poor that no one but his best friends in the press bothers to defend them anymore. Rooney knows he has lost the war to Mourinho that he was going to lose to Fergie. It's time to go to China and make some serious feck off money.

Smithy_123

Was listening to Radio 5 during halftime of the City match and whomever the BBC reporter was that they were talking to regarding the Rooney situation said that not only is there interest in China regarding Rooney (which we all already knew), but that there is interest from Rooney toward China. This is the first time I've heard anyone publically say that Rooney would be interested in going to China.
Not all that surprising. Rooney has proven himself over the years to be one of the greediest feckers about.

Flying_Heckfish

This hasn't been quoted yet?

Wayne Rooney not guaranteed to stay at Manchester United, says Jose Mourinho
Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho has not ruled out the prospect of Wayne Rooney leaving the club this month.

The 31-year-old England forward, who scored his 250th United goal last month to become the club's record scorer, has been linked with a move to China in recent weeks.

The Chinese Super League's transfer window shuts next week and Mourinho was asked if the club captain would still be at Old Trafford by then.

"You have to ask him," Mourinho said.

"Of course I can't guarantee [he will be here]. I can't guarantee that I'm here next week, how can I guarantee that a player is here next season?"

Rooney is contracted to United until 2019 and had previously said he was committed to seeing out his deal.

He has not been a first-team regular this season and has scored just five goals.

However, Mourinho said in October that Rooney was "going nowhere" and reiterated on Tuesday that he did not want him to leave.

"I would never push - or try to push - a legend of this club to another destiny," added the Portuguese coach.

"So you have to ask him if he sees himself staying in the club for the rest of his career or if he sees himself moving.

"It is not a question for me because I am happy to have him. I don't want him to leave."
Source: BBC

J-Stander

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Great stuff. He's got nothing left to offer us, it's the right time for both parties.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
This has really exploded looking at the various headlines.. I can believe he's unhappy, but hard to believe he's interested in going to China.

peridigm

Take it Wayne. Can't see him getting much minutes second half of season. We're firing on all cylinders now.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Simon Stone's take:
There is a clear sense now that time is ticking down on Rooney's Manchester United career.

Less than a month after Rooney eclipsed Sir Bobby Charlton to become the club's record goalscorer, manager Jose Mourinho delivered the kind of response he came out with when he was asked about the futures of Morgan Schneiderlin and Memphis Depay during the January transfer window.

Schneiderlin and Depay ended up leaving for Everton and Lyon respectively. And at 31, with 549 United appearances and 250 goals to his name, Rooney seems destined to experience the same fate.

It might not happen now. Rooney is known to be coveted by the Chinese Super League, who would offer vast sums to get the England captain to join Carlos Tevez and Oscar in the exodus east, but twice over the past few days I have been told such a move before the 28 February deadline is unlikely.

However, the end is in sight and Rooney's camp will doubtless spend the next few months exploring options.

Rooney has the carrot of knowing if he can remain in the England fold until next year's World Cup, he is likely to become his country's most-capped player, in addition to its record goalscorer.

Whether he can do that from China is doubtful, and though former team-mate David Beckham eked out the end of his England days in Major League Soccer with LA Galaxy, it is by no means certain Gareth Southgate would offer the same opportunity to a player who has plenty of competition for his number 10 role.

This is the reality that is likely to focus minds because, four years after it seemed to be happening under Sir Alex Ferguson, it now seems a question of when, not if, Rooney leaves Old Trafford for good.
Mourinho has handled this brilliantly.
This time last year all we were hearing was "my captain shall always play."We were facing the prospect of a 34 y/o Rooney trudging around our midfield.
Now, the team is evolving nicely.

Flying_Heckfish

it'shappening.gif ??

He isn't angry or confused, he knows it's over..

He shouldn't be in the England team anyway; whether he's in Manchester, China, Liverpool or LA. So he may as well go for the money now.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Just seems weird that he got so many minutes of late (subbed on against Hull, Stoke etc while Martial not in squad at all) if intention was to sell him.

Status
Not open for further replies.