Wayne Rooney | Having medical

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Just seems weird that he got so many minutes of late (subbed on against Hull, Stoke etc while Martial not in squad at all) if intention was to sell him.
Mourinho was working on Martial at the time. Has he played that much really though? I'd be surprised if he's played more than 180mins in the last 2 months.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
Would I be cynical to think any new articles on this tonight and tomorrow will be in response to Jose's non-commital comments about him today rather than any actual new information being unearthed by the hacks, regardless of how they dress it up? :rolleyes:

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Just seems weird that he got so many minutes of late (subbed on against Hull, Stoke etc while Martial not in squad at all) if intention was to sell him.
Mou probably doesn't see any long term future for him but thinks he still brings something to the table right now. A decision that turned out for the best against Stoke anyway.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
How much do you think we can sell him for?
I'm wondering this too

I doubt anyone else is going to be after him so £25m-£35m I think.

I was hoping for something ridiculous like the Oscar £60m but I doubt we will get that lucky

SirAF

Ageist
Would I be cynical to think any new articles on this tonight and tomorrow will be in response to Jose's non-commital comments about him today rather than any actual new information being unearthed by the hacks, regardless of how they dress it up? :rolleyes:
This is probably right.

bucky

You could make the same argument for Darmian. I doubt he is going to stay beyond the summer. For different reasons they still get minutes, but I don't think it's an indication for their future.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Probably. It's also possible that the comments meant Rooney's team were contacted to comment or they contacted their journalist mates to get their thoughts out there.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
Mourinho was working on Martial at the time. Has he played that much really though? I'd be surprised if he's played more than 180mins in the last 2 months.
I looked at his mins from Jan

January
0 West Ham
90 Reading
59 Hull
45 Liverpool
23 Stoke
11 Hull
90 Wigan

318 out 640 mins total

Feb

45 Hull
0 Leicester
0 Watford
0 St Ettiene
0 Blackburn

Apparently injured and ill for lots of these games

johanovic

His time has come and there are hopfully a few others on the way out in the summer also (darmian,Fellaini,Schweinsteiger,Young). I trust Mourinho to make 3 to 5 great signings like he did last summer and take us back to where we belong. I think Mourhino has handled the Rooney situation very well.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
McDonnell who broke the story close to a month ago.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
He's played a lot more than that. Like Attila said he played a part in every game so far this year apart from when he was "injured"/injured. I remember a lot being mad that he came on for Carrick at half time vs Hull.

Ramicoo

So, this is it? no more Rooney Rooney :(
Quite sad he lost it a bit early, he could've beat Shearer's record too

surf

Jesus. You simply can't turn that down.
Of course he can turn the money down. Whether he will is another matter.

He's in a position where he has a truckload of money to keep him and his family in total luxury for the rest of their natural lives. Why not do what you want rather than chase yet more money in China? Unless he really does want to play there.

AlecHDR

Angry, incoherent heterosexual slob
Of course he can turn the money down. Whether he will is another matter.

He's in a position where he has a truckload of money to keep him and his family in total luxury for the rest of their natural lives. Why not do what you want rather than chase yet more money in China? Unless he really does want to play there.
That has never stopped anyone from pursuing more money, let alone someone whose skill and money making potential is coming to an end.

Eddy_JukeZ

Selling him to China would be great for us.

I was always a massive Rooney fan, but his decline is far too sharp to keep him around. He's just taking up space unfortunately.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
Isn't the £30m what United will get? £1m a week being his wages?
No I think the wages are meant to be £32m-36m a year (around 600-700k a week). That's the figure mentioned in the telegraph article today. I don't think there's been much reporting on the fee we would get

But Rooney could decide that his interests would be best served by moving to China now, on wages of more than £600,000 a week, as opposed to the summer, if he fails to make Mourinho’s 18-man squad, which would offer the clearest indication yet that he does not figure prominently in the manager’s plans.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...er-china-could-hinge-whether-man-utd-striker/

Duafc

Village Lemon
Bit sad if he were to go mid season, but you'd be mad to say no to that money for
Him.

Adisa

Good point on talksport. The club cannot guarantee getting that kind of money in the summer. Rooney could suddenly change his mind and say, he wants to stay in England. The club would be fecked and have to pay him off. You can understand why the club might be keen on getting rid now, even if it looks slightly off.

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
Unless we get a minimum of £50m for him then we should defer transfer until summmer.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Good point on talksport. The club cannot guarantee getting that kind of money in the summer. Rooney could suddenly change his mind and say, he wants to stay in England. The club would be fecked and have to pay him off. You can understand why the club might be keen on getting rid now, even if it looks slightly off.
The Chinese league might have imploded by the summer!

Zoo

Something has clearly been going on these past few weeks and Mourinho being open to discuss him a fair bit the night before a European game suggests so even more.

Djemba-Djemba

The fact we could spend £25.6m on him, according to Wikipedia, have him here for 13 years, he wins everything there is to win, scores 250 goals, and then we make a profit on his sale is incredible :lol:

Starting to sound like he may be off next week which surprises me to be honest. Probably for the best though.

Adisa

The fact we could spend £25.6m on him, according to Wikipedia, have him here for 13 years, he wins everything there is to win, scores 250 goals, and then we make a profit on his sale is incredible :lol:

Starting to sound like he may be off next week which surprises me to be honest. Probably for the best though.
This. Club would be mad to refuse.

DizeeGorilla20

I get that many on here don't like him and he is not playing to the level expected but surely we still need him as an option from now to the end of the season?

Also, this is no way for him to leave, it would feel like he was leaving through the back-door.

Adisa

I get that many on here don't like him and he is not playing to the level expected but surely we still need him as an option from now to the end of the season?

Also, this is no way for him to leave, it would feel like he was leaving through the back-door.
I still think he will stay. Not because the club don't want to sell but, because Rooney isn't keen,

Brophs

The One and Only
I'd be very surprised if he leaves this month. It just seems a bit quick. I'd imagine the club like the idea of getting a big fee for a player whose transfer value must otherwise be near nil due to the wages he's on, but Rooney probably knows he can get the same deal in the summer if he can't get anything better in the meantime.

cyberman

Should get 50m at least.
Im assuming 35m is his wages and not his actual fee

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Be surprised if its before the summer, but Mourinho latest comments makes me think its possible

Duafc

Village Lemon
If he stays he has a punt at 3 more trophies and as mentioned, would get the same deal in the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.