g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Wayne Rooney | Having medical

Status
Not open for further replies.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
He's played a lot more than that. Like Attila said he played a part in every game so far this year apart from when he was "injured"/injured. I remember a lot being mad that he came on for Carrick at half time vs Hull.
He might have gotten a lot of minutes in January just so he could finally get the record breaking goal as he probably wouldn't leave without it. Then after he rescued a draw vs Stoke, Mourinho might have just tried to use the same tactic again vs Hull hoping he would do it again

manutddjw

The same deal will likely be on the table at the end of this season, so I'd prefer if he stayed until the end of the season. He's done a lot for us and I'd like for him to have a moment at the end of the season where the fans can show him their appreciation before he moves on. I know he's been poor, but sweeping him out the door midseason and forgetting all about his contributions when we sign some big name in the summer doesn't seem right to me.

BorisManUtd

Why?

We getting £30m and his huge wages off the bill.

He's not like he is any use to us currently.
We'll get more than that, Mourinho is great at selling players. 40-50m pounds would be good money.

Just dont want this to happen before summer.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
The same deal will likely be on the table at the end of this season, so I'd prefer if he stayed until the end of the season. He's done a lot for us and I'd like for him to have a moment at the end of the season where the fans can show him their appreciation before he moves on. I know he's been poor, but sweeping him out the door midseason and forgetting all about his contributions when we sign some big name in the summer doesn't seem right to me.
If he leaves now it will be because he wants to it seems.

Red Star One

I try not to be obsessed with money earned on transfers and would much rather keep him until summer. But if he really wants to go now - good luck Wayne and thanks for beautiful memories.

Morpheus 7

He's took enough money from us in the last few seasons and give very little in return. United are not a charity. This is no time for sentiment, if the right offer comes, take it. Rooney isn't being pushed out either. He hasn't warranted the starts and clearly isn't happy being a squad player. The money we would save now until the end of the season alone is worth it. Then a fee to us, plus time to look for a proper replacement in the summer. We don't want a saga and Ed Woodword wasting time in the summer on this, that time could be used to negotiate other transfers and hopefully getting rid of Darmian too.
If he wants it, and the fee is right. Then I say make it happen. Feeling sorry for a player who is potentially going to be the best paid footballer on the planet, Christ..

ChaddyP

strange decision to sell him now when we are battling in 4 competitions. Surely we can wait till the summer?

BorisManUtd

He'll leave next week only if he wants to go now, I am sure Mourinho would like him to stay until the end of the season with so many games left.

Cliche Guevara

If we see him lead the team out and start at Wembley then I would definitely think he'd be leaving next week.

Jose isn't one for sentiment but maybe he's saying to Rooney he'll get the cup final to say goodbye and leave on a high. Tell him to give it one final full-on ninety minutes or so.

ChaddyP

Those wishing him out are completely disrespectful. There's no benefit to us fans by him leaving now as opposed to the summer.
I just don't get it. What benefit will we get selling him in February. We have many games left and an injury to Mkhitaryan or Zlatan can see us looking extremely short on options. Paying his wages till the end of the season surely isn't worth selling him

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
If we see him lead the team out and start at Wembley then I would definitely think he'd be leaving next week.

Jose isn't one for sentiment but maybe he's saying to Rooney he'll get the cup final to say goodbye and leave on a high. Tell him to give it one final full-on ninety minutes or so.
Can bet anything he doesn't start that game.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
What? Are people really debating whether or not it's a good decision to sell him now for 30m? Jose has done remarkably in phasing him out of the team and he's pretty much not required anymore. If we can both get his astronomical wages off the bill and get 30m that's a superb deal.

We are in 3 competitions plus one final. We can manage. If Zlatan got injured I wouldn't exactly feel comfortable with Rooney playing up top. Rashford would then have to step up. Our squad is thin in places, but Rooney is not an answer to any of those issues.

Thanks for the memories and have fun in China.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
Mourinho is being fair to Rooney. Rooney knows he is not going to be the first choice 9 or 10. But he would be useful with us being in all competitions.
But if Rooney had a very good offer from China it would be unfair to stand in his way.
It did not sound like Rooney even has a chance of playing the Final. He may well decide to leave by month end.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
People are acting like we would be kicking him out. If Rooney is in China next week, it's because he wants to go.

Oscie

If he goes we should forget the bullshit and salute him for an amazing career here. To become top scorer for this club, to overtake Sir Bobby's record is absolutely incredible. The animosity from some sections of the fan base should end and we should appreciate his time at the club and wish him well. We may very well never see someone who achieved what he has at this club in our lifetimes.

Might not like him but his status as United legend isn't in question IMO.

ottosec

He offers nothing these days, if we get a good offer we would be stupid to turn it down.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
It's pretty sad how his career will have wound down imo. We should all go back and watch his first 6/7 seasons with us. He was bloody brilliant for an impressive amount of time, even if we (try) to ignore the last 4 seasons.

I would imagine that he regrets the second City overture more than anything else in his career. When you look at the adulation that players like Yorke, Van Nistlerooy, even Fortune and Park receive from fans, it does feel like he gets a pretty raw deal from us, relative to what he has put in.

Obviously he has made a whole ton of money, but I just find this whole final chapter really pathetic and sad.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
If he goes we should forget the bullshit and salute him for an amazing career here. To become top scorer for this club, to overtake Sir Bobby's record is absolutely incredible. The animosity from some sections of the fan base should end and we should appreciate his time at the club and wish him well. We may very well never see someone who achieved what he has at this club in our lifetimes.

Might not like him but his status as United legend isn't in question IMO.
Bang on from start to finish.

It seems to me the club are happy for him to leave if he wants to, and given all he's given and achieved, no one could really complain.

Regarding the contract disputes, I always find it hypocritical by fans. If you believe the stories the worst he did was question the clubs transfer policy, at a time when the majority of fans were complaining about our transfer policy.

An unquestionable all time great and its sad to see his time coming to an end.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
totally agree with this. Likewise, its the club who wants him off its books so getting a fee for him is a bonus.

I want him to be afforded respect and thanks when he leaves: he has made an enormous contribution to our club and given me hours and hours of entertainment and celebration.

Morpheus 7

Based on what exactly?
Based on Jose's comments today, he didn't rule out Rooney leaving. He instead said you have to talk to him, clearly doesn't sound like Rooney is happy to stay. Why would a manager say that and add further fuel to the fire of speculation. The obvious reason for that is that he's not getting in the team. He was annoyed at the end of Fergie's reign too when he was fazed out. I doubt he would think about China in February if he was essential to the team. We still have alot to play for in the season.

Sp00ks11

Really hope this Rooney to China for 30 million is true, however I very much doubt he would go there! Those worrying we will be a player down are crazy, we have Martial, Rashford and Zlatan, plus Mata and Mkhi at no. 10

Selling Rooney for more than we paid for him would be epic.

Jaybomb

Imagine him "quietly" leaving us for China mid season. Although the fee would be nice and we would get his enormous wages off the bill, I'm not sure if that would sit right with me.

It bothered me with RVP and I'm sure its gonna bother me if it happens with Rooney. He should get a big send off if hes truly going.

acnumber9

Bang on from start to finish.

It seems to me the club are happy for him to leave if he wants to, and given all he's given and achieved, no one could really complain.

Regarding the contract disputes, I always find it hypocritical by fans. If you believe the stories the worst he did was question the clubs transfer policy, at a time when the majority of fans were complaining about our transfer policy.

An unquestionable all time great and its sad to see his time coming to an end.
It wasn't all he did. He'd completely downed tools and had to be sent to a fat farm in the middle of the season while saying all his teammates were crap. I lost most of the respect I had for him. Which is a shame because he's been a great player for us but I won't be missing him when he's gone.

M16Red

Imagine him "quietly" leaving us for China mid season. Although the fee would be nice and we would get his enormous wages off the bill, I'm not sure if that would sit right with me.

It bothered me with RVP and I'm sure its gonna bother me if it happens with Rooney. He should get a big send off if hes truly going.
wouldn't bother me at all, when you see him come on that is your first thought?

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I don't think Rooney has enjoyed being a bit part player this season. And I think for that reason he will move next week.

manutddjw

He's took enough money from us in the last few seasons and give very little in return. United are not a charity. This is no time for sentiment, if the right offer comes, take it. Rooney isn't being pushed out either. He hasn't warranted the starts and clearly isn't happy being a squad player. The money we would save now until the end of the season alone is worth it. Then a fee to us, plus time to look for a proper replacement in the summer. We don't want a saga and Ed Woodword wasting time in the summer on this, that time could be used to negotiate other transfers and hopefully getting rid of Darmian too.
If he wants it, and the fee is right. Then I say make it happen. Feeling sorry for a player who is potentially going to be the best paid footballer on the planet, Christ..
None of us know, so if you're right about him wanting out now than he's free to go. I hold no animosity towards the club either way, It's time for him to go. I just think it would be nice for him to get a good send off for all he did like Charlton, Scholes and Vidic got at the end of the season.

The right offer will still be on the table in 3 or so months when the season ends. The Chinese want the name Rooney in their league and that won't change in a short period of time. More than 1 club want him so a reasonable fee is not an issue. We're also not going to halt any activity because Rooney is still on the books. Yes his salary relative to his output was not a good deal for us lately but it didn't stop us from increasing wages, breaking record fees and signing Zlatan. We're not going to say "Griezmann wait a month until we sell Rooney then we'll buy you".

OohAahMartial

Just watched the press conference and it seemed pretty clear that Rooney is considering his future which is to be expected when he receives such huge offers from China. I think he realises that his first team future here is over and agree with Rio that he will want to be more than just a squad player. I also think Rooney is money hungry and must be sorely tempted. That its got to this stage without his camp ruling it out completely tells me that even Colleen isn't against it, which doesn't actually surprise me that much considering the money involved. On timing while the Summer makes more sense in many ways it is possible that the new rules changes in China and possibility of further rule changes might make this seem like an opportunity not to be missed. And after receiving his golden boot award he would be going out on a high. Its not like he would be picked for any finals anyway.

Prodigal7

I get the feeling the club want him to feck off to China for some decent money now. Instead he'll probably park his fat arse on the bench for the next 18 months and then move to the MLS or Everton for free.

Duafc

Village Lemon
I get the feeling the club want him to feck off to China for some decent money now. Instead he'll probably park his fat arse on the bench for the next 18 months and then move to the MLS or Everton for free.
Catch yourself on.

Rooney may play out the rest of the season on the bench but he'd play every minute if it were up to him.

Given all he's done at the club you'd think fans would pay a bit more respect and rise above moronic insults and uninformed conclusions.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
there is no chance of him even being on the bench for the final. If he is going to China, he would not want to risk injury.
Think he is gone. Better for him and for the club.
After a year or two he may come back to play for Everton.

Dante

Average bang
His wages are irrelevant. They have no effect on our ability to sign other players. We're rich as feck.

I don't care how much he earns. The only people who do are the ones who spend far too much time on FM.

I'm no more excited about getting him off the wage bill (to boost our net profits) as I am about signing another sponsor (to boost our net profits).

On the other hand, neither Mr Potato and Kumho Tires have provided a goal/assist every 106 minutes in the league and Europe. Rooney has. He's not as useless as the echo chamber would have you believe.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
His wages are irrelevant. They have no effect on our ability to sign other players. We're rich as feck.

I don't care how much he earns. The only people who do are the ones who spend far too much time on FM.

I'm no more excited about getting him off the wage bill (to boost our net profits) as I am about signing another sponsor (to boost our net profits).

On the other hand, neither Mr Potato and Kumho Tires have provided a goal/assist every 106 minutes in the league and Europe. Rooney has. He's not as useless as the echo chamber would have you believe.
That joke was hardly funny the first time you used it.

Now you are just beating a very dead horse.

Status
Not open for further replies.