Wayne Rooney | Having medical

Status
Not open for further replies.

johanovic

I think it is fair to say both Martial/Rashford are better suited on the wings, also it wouldn't be too bad to have someone with Rooney's experience on the bench for the last 3 months.
Rashford can move and has pace to burn, he played last season as a striker and did not do to badly, do you think Mourinho would not have liked Rooney to be a regular, he just came to the conclusion that the team is much better without him as has been proved since mid desember. Rooney does not even make the bench on many occasions and there is a simple reason, Rooney is just done.

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
Rashford can move and has pace to burn, he played last season as a striker and did not do to badly, do you think Mourinho would not have liked Rooney to be a regular, he just came to the conclusion that the team is much better without him as has been proved since mid desember. Rooney does not even make the bench on many occasions and there is a simple reason, Rooney is just done.
I totally agree but all I'm saying is with our busy schedule it might not be a bad idea to have a backup in case we get injuries.....plus I don't wanna see Ashley Young as a striker.

Player Red

I just can't see Rooney moving to China, surely wouldn't move the family out there and doesn't seem feasible he would live out there alone.

And for that reason, I'm out.

I don't know. Only a 30 game league season. One year all done and dusted from March-November. I imagine he can probably get back fairly often. Not too bad to go for 2 years and a boat load of money. One restriction would be the number of clubs able to sign him given the quotas on foreign players.

Chaky_Best

Supports 'a joke of a club'.
Can't see him leave in February. Too risky for him leaving his family behind.

It would be better for him to wait for this summer. (MLS and maybe other English club)

Brophs

The One and Only
Thinking about it, the only reason for him to leave in Feb is if he thinks he might not have a team to sign for - on the same sort of deal he can get now - in the summer given the restricted spaces for foreign players. And I assume he's a big enough name that they'd just sell someone to have him on board.

Havak

Pokemon master
Definitely going to see what his option are come the Summer window IMO. If we do get into the Champion's League next season, he may even want to stay another season to play a final campaign in it. It's hard to imagine that he'd see his career practically over at age 31-32, because moving outside of Europe means it is the end for his England career and playing at the top level in general (getting some more games/goals in the Champion's League etc).

The chance of winning a League Cup and so much more potentially to come this season, it'd be rather silly to just up and leave within the next week.

RedDevil@84

We're not Arsenal, but we are a business and Rooney is now a loss on the balance books. Do you think big ED would like losing 1.2mil a month on something now seemingly not needed.
This was in reference to the claim that easing some money now will help us get a big target in summer. I don't think that we are in dire short of money that we need that particular 1.2M a month to go before we can get our summer targets.

shabin_d_great

Hope Rooney signs for Some Chinese club, an Indian club some how manages to qualify and be drawn against them in Asian Champions League. I can finally watch him play :)

johanovic

I totally agree but all I'm saying is with our busy schedule it might not be a bad idea to have a backup in case we get injuries.....plus I don't wanna see Ashley Young as a striker.
ok get your point but I think it´s gotten to the point that even Young would be "better" than Rooney. It´s sad to see a former great turning into a shadow of himself. Hopefully we get a good game tonight and then a cup win on Sunday.

ManUchosenbosslvg

Supports
Manchester reds
He should go to Everton or a mid-table PL team, he could be really important for loads of PL teams.

Or he should aim for a lower CL team, again loads would take him.
We can barely even get into the CL at this stage, what makes you think he'd be capable of stepping up or wanted by a Champions League club?

RedDevil@84

ok get your point but I think it´s gotten to the point that even Young would be "better" than Rooney. It´s sad to see a former great turning into a shadow of himself. Hopefully we get a good game tonight and then a cup win on Sunday.
No. It has not gotten to that point. Going by some comments here, one would think that Rooney can't score even with an open goal

Zlatattack

The last time Wayne had a decent season for us was the Moyes season. He's declined significantly since then. I'm sure if we regularly played him as a second striker with a younger more mobile striker next to him, he'd still get goals against the lesser sides, but nobody can afford to carry a player like that anymore, not at this level. He's often looked a bit heavier, as a result he's not got that quickness in his movement, his touch has suffered because of it and it doesn't look like he's enjoying his football. That zip that used to be the driving factor of Rooney is long gone.

johanovic

No. It has not gotten to that point. Going by some comments here, one would think that Rooney can't score even with an open goal
Mourinho wanted to sign Rooney for Chelsea as you may remember, that tell´s me Mourinho rated Rooney as a player. Why should Mourinho then not play him unless it´s just the fact the team is much better without him? Having a player paid 260000 pounds per week and get nothing in return is surely not feasible for Mourinho. Rooney has not started in the league since mid desember, has scored 2 goals in the league, clearly the game passes him by when he´s on the field and he nowhere near Zlatan´s or Mkhitaryans talent. Going on a bender like he did when on England duty when badly out of form is just something top sportsmen should not do.

Infra-red

He should go to Everton or a mid-table PL team, he could be really important for loads of PL teams.

Or he should aim for a lower CL team, again loads would take him.
He wouldn't get a game at Everton. No Champions League-level club would be interested. It's the US or China.

predator

Youth NITK
As if a chinese club will buy Rooney because they think he will win them the chinese treble. His commercial value is what they are looking at rather than his on field value.

POF

Is there really a debate over whether United should sell Rooney for £30m? I think the club would let him go on a free to get him off the wage bill.

Not sure if there is any truth to this story but a £30m offer would be like Christmas Day.

RedDevil@84

Mourinho wanted to sign Rooney for Chelsea as you may remember, that tell´s me Mourinho rated Rooney as a player. Why should Mourinho then not play him unless it´s just the fact the team is much better without him? Having a player paid 260000 pounds per week and get nothing in return is surely not feasible for Mourinho. Rooney has not started in the league since mid desember, has scored 2 goals in the league, clearly the game passes him by when he´s on the field and he nowhere near Zlatan´s or Mkhitaryans talent. Going on a bender like he did when on England duty when badly out of form is just something top sportsmen should not do.
Rooney is at the bottom of the pecking order currently "in his position". Hence all the players playing in No 10, 9 will play ahead of him.
But that doesn't mean that "It has gotten to a point that Young is better than Rooney". It just means there are better options in his position. And Jose is right to give them preference.
I agree that Rooney needs to find a new club if he wants more game time. But I don't see any urgency to push him out within this week given the run of games we need to play till end of season.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Is anyone watching flight paths from Manchester to China yet?

TsuWave

expecting koeman to say "rooney wouldn't get a game in my team"? :lol:

all that article says is that he would be pleased to sign him. Rooney's name still carries weight, even if his footballing ability doesn't match it, so its only natural for managers and other players to speak highly of him, it is also the polite thing to do.

I doubt he'd get game time over lukaku, and it wouldn't/won't be long before whoever signs him realizes that they got a dud.

Donut

He goes to China now, earns 100 million in 6 months then moves to MLS in the summer. Everybody's happy.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
Tevez would be unhappy at his own birthday party.

Rooney is the kind of ageing legend we'd normally let go on a free. God bless the Chinese. They think they can become the superpower in football when all they're doing is strengthening European clubs.

Get Zlatan to extend his contract and maybe we can sell him to their retirement homes for £30m in 2018 too. :smirk:

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
Custis who is also getting things right with united sometimes in recent past says he is going to china for 1 million a year.

ManUchosenbosslvg

Supports
Manchester reds
Because there are lots of CL clubs, and not many of them have the standards of Utd.

Clubs in Turkey, Greece, Portugal etc.
What? You do realise he's prob the worst value for money footballer on the planet right now as we're paying him about £250,000 a week yes? Why in the blue hell would a Greek, Turkish or Portuguese club offer him enough to take him off our hands? (Would still have to be a six figure sum a week you'd imagine)

Status
Not open for further replies.