Wayne Rooney rejoins Everton | United save £30M by giving him £10M pay-off

AlecHDR

Angry, incoherent heterosexual slob
Wazza! Happy for him. Hope he helps everton finish above Liverpool!

Dazzmondo

Good for him. Think he'll get around 15 this season

It would be cool if he managed to get his 200th Premier League goal today. Only needs 1 more

Minimalist

Got up well for that. He'll score those every week if he's given that room. Never stopped being a good striker in the six yard area.

Actually thinking of how comical defending is in the opening matches, Rooney might be fine this season.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Can't wait until he comes back to Old Trafford. Would be great to see the crowd chant his name after he hits a consolation screamer into the top corner as we lead 3-0 with 90 seconds to go.

Shuriken

Actually got goosebumps seeing him so happy after scoring that goal, it looked like an emotional discharge, very genuine. Happy for him.

AR87

Good for him. Hope he has a good season if only to remind everybody that there was a time when Wayne Rooney wasn't a joke to be mocked constantly. His last few years at United were poor, but I hope he can end his career in dignified fashion for Everton. Would be a nice way to bookend his career.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
Yeah, that immediate emotional reaction from myself came as a bit of a surprise. Great run, good finish, really happy for him.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
He looks leaner than he has done for a few years

Walters_19_MuFc

Same goes when it comes to those defending him. Like regarding most things in CAF today,you cant have opinion on middle, you can say something positive and negative about him in same sentence. You are either hater or crazy defender.
Makes more sense to defend one of our legends, rather than berating him, surely?

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
He's playing well in the second half. Stoke are giving him lots of time on the ball.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
He's playing well in the second half. Stoke are giving him lots of time on the ball.
Yeah, was average until his goal but since then he could have had an assist or two. Been very good.

automaticflare

First time I saw him run in about 2 years for his goal today.
Been watching the match and he has been generally awful

Like previous poster said he will score those chances7/10 times

He also now has something to prove

Walters_19_MuFc

So much for having time on the ball, but you have to do something with it. Not watching the game, but from reading the comments, he's making good use of the time he's getting on the ball.

Seems you like Rooney more than I imagined. ;)

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
So much for having time on the ball, but you have to do something with it. Not watching the game, but from reading the comments, he's making good use of the time he's getting on the ball.

Seems you like Rooney more than I imagined. ;)
I try to be objective.

automaticflare

As Jose said anyone can play well if given time and space it's a moot praise really

Really I don't think he is playing all that well in second half

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
anyone have a link/gif for his goal?

Already feels wierd he is not playing for us.

wr8_utd

:'(
As Jose said anyone can play well if given time and space it's a moot praise really

Really I don't think he is playing all that well in second half
He's been very good in this half for them. Lots of good passing and not to the full back.

automaticflare

He's been very good in this half for them. Lots of good passing and not to the full back.
Stoke are all over the place giving him time and space and he is still getting caught out on some occasions.
Still can't take corners
Still can't take free kicks
Your perception of very good seems very low bar to me
Of course media wank fest tomorrow

Vaibhav Raj

Rest assured the bitter bunch cannot wait for Rooney to put in a bad performance next week so they a can take over this thread and let out all the anguish they must have built inside of them seeing people applaud Rooney. How are they going to make it through six more days of Rooney being talked of in positive light?!

shield

Good to see him perform well. Still my favourite Manchester United player.

The Argentinean

Supports
Supports compatriots in Europe
Do you think he's happier now than he was in the last couple of years? Will that affect his performances?

sugar_kane

He looks leaner than he has done for a few years
I swear someone says that every year!

Personally I don't think he's looked overweight since even Fergie was manager, it's more his performances that have been the issue.

NWR

Smile you miserable old git
The song about having a Wayne Rooney in every position told you exactly what the fans thought about him. He was that good and he was tireless.
He declined at an alarming rate for somebody who is still so young and the last four years were about him becoming united leading goal scorer. I swear I didn't think he was going to make it.
A true United legend, I wish him nothing but the best. He will never recapture what he had but 10 goals this season will be good, especially if they are all against top four clubs

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Have to say, I had a massive grin on my face when I saw his goal and the celebration that followed it. Chuffed for him.

psychdelicblues

Everton fans not happy....again.

Honestly poo today.I want this undroppable turd out of my team.
That's why he should lay off the ale. Diabolical performance
Lad looks a little hungover today. take the piss ROOO
Said this was a shocker of a signing. Our attack looks weaker than it has done in decades.
SO SLLLLOOOOOWWWWW
Very poor. Slows the play down so much.
Would do better for AA 5-a side
https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/wayne-rooney.97913/page-96