We are so fecked! (Knee-Jerk Overload)

Eriku

Ashley Young has great attitude
Yes, and weirdly we’ve seen him preferred by both Ole and Mourinho.

It’s not the be-all end-all, but talent is nothing without the right attitude at this level, at least not in the long run.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Really looking forward to next year.

Pogba and de Gea will still be here, don't worry about them.

Big signings will arrive. If Wann Bisaka arrives and James can literally stand on the right wing and run at players we've improved our first team massively already.

No Jose either!

VanGaalyTime

If they don't we should all protest in the biggest way possible.
Agreed. And I said so last season when we were outspent by the likes of Arsenal, Fulham, and Wolves. The owners need to know that second place is unacceptable to this club. They need to know that taking a billion pounds out has destroyed us. They should understand that the period between 09 and 2013 when we didn't spend has cost this club greatly. Now they want to sell our best players (who aren't even that good) and replace them with second rate options? United fans have been far too kind so far. We won't be next year if it's the same. It'll be a shame for the good guys managing and coaching. But we need change from the top down.

Ban

Maybe we should start from scrap. Players who want to be at the club and fans who care more about the club than certain players. It's not a good position, it's an awful one but maybe this is the time where we finally start making some good decisions..

Keefy18

Yea, we’re toast honestly.

I can’t believe the level of mediocrity United has reached. It’s shameful. Not many words at this point when your best player now wants out...we’re the class clowns of football and a complete disaster. We’re worse than what Liverpool were a handful of years ago. Feck.
Ah give over, Liverpool routinely lost their best players annually! From Suarez, Sterling and Coutinho!

Big fan of Pogba's and have stuck by him massively over the last year or two and disappointed with his quotes today but hey, if he wants out feck him. We move on and the club is bigger than any player, they come and go.

Jericholyte2

Ah give over, Liverpool routinely lost their best players annually! From Suarez, Sterling and Coutinho!

Big fan of Pogba's and have stuck by him massively over the last year or two and disappointed with his quotes today but hey, if he wants out feck him. We move on and the club is bigger than any player, they come and go.
That used to be true but Ronaldo proved that to be wrong, as Fergie never came close to replacing him.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
So everything in football is cyclical and it’s now starting to look like we aren’t even half-way to the bottom of the downturn here.

Our best player over the last 8 year, our most potent goal-threat and the most creative player all look like they’re leaving now and, whilst I stand to be corrected on this, I have zero faith in Woodward to use the money to create anything like a team that can compete for even the top 6 never mind top four!

So it’s looking like, barring transfers, our lineup will be something akin to:

Henderson / Romero
AWB Smalling Lindelof Shaw
McT Matic Fred
James Rashford Martial

That is barely even a top half team there! There simply has to be some absolutely huge spending going on to get players with the right mentality to take this clubs forwards.

£200-250m was mentioned before sales and let’s say we get £200m from the significant sales, surely this all needs to go back into the pot for transfers otherwise we'll be looking up at Leicester, Wolves, Everton and probably more come the end of next season.
Go on holiday and don't come back

VanGaalyTime

That used to be true but Ronaldo proved that to be wrong, as Fergie never came close to replacing him.
Liverpool also identify weaknesses and improve. They also spend the money required. And have got lucky by having the world's best full back randomly show up in the youth team.

Fahad Jawaid

I don't mind the likes of Pogba and Lukaku leaving since i believe their heart is not in it and above all manchester united is bigger than the players. But, its essential with the funds we actually sign top quality players.

We apparently have a budget of 200m and with sales of Lukaku and Pogba, that should increase to 400m.

Ddg
Cancelo (50m) Lindelof Koulibally (100m) Shaw
Bruno (50m) Rodri (60m) Rabiot (free)
Dybala (80m) Icardi (60m) Martial/Rashford

Thats 400m spent with a complete new midfield and considerable improvements in the forwards and defence. Furthermore, we can also skip signing Icardi and move Dybala up top and sign Neres or Ziyech which will take our spending to 385m.

VanGaalyTime

Memories of last season when we just ended up with Dalot and Fred.
Have a feeling it'll be more like 2013. Linked with great players. Sell our best. Replace them with England based options who are then connected with club failure.

Keefy18

Ronaldo is the exception, I mean come on... Messi and himself are irreplaceable. Their like won't be seen again, just like we won't get another Ferguson either dominating like he did.

Dante

Average bang
Yes, and weirdly we’ve seen him preferred by both Ole and Mourinho.

It’s not the be-all end-all, but talent is nothing without the right attitude at this level, at least not in the long run.
Spot on.

Pogba leaving is the first step towards excising the ghosts of our failed Galactico experiment.

Pogba was supposed to be a guaranteed starter and a talismanic player to lift the performances of those around him. He couldn't do that and, if anything, his lack of conviction had the opposite effect by instilling a culture of acceptable defeat. When the coolest kid in the classroom has more influence than the teacher and shows his classmates that it's cool to not care about failing, that attitude spreads.

Those bringing up Young and Jones miss the point. They're meant to be squad players who try their hardest and fill in for others when required. Pogba is meant to be the finished product. The former achieve the remit of their roles in the squad. Pogba doesn't. That's why they're assessed differently.

For all Jose's failings, he's still one of the most decorated managers in history. Whilst some of his ideas may no longer work, the vast majority obviously will still apply. And if he thought Pogba was part of the rot, it's worth considering that maybe he was right. I tend to believe that he may have been, given Pogba's obvious lack of effort at times in a United shirt.

I don't see this as a disaster by any stretch. I think it's the perfect opportunity to change the lack of winning culture within the dressing room.

Jericholyte2

Go on holiday and don't come back
What part of the post calls for that reaction? Title admits a knee-jerk but what part of the post isn’t actually a possibility? Knowing how Woodward has been since taking over why would we have any faith in him turning this around? There is a genuine possibility of us not getting our targets and ending up with the team I listed. In that case, we will not be better than Leicester, Everton and Wolves.

Jericholyte2

Ronaldo is the exception, I mean come on... Messi and himself are irreplaceable. Their like won't be seen again, just like we won't get another Ferguson either dominating like he did.
Yes but Barca are trying by getting the likes of Dembele, Griezmann etc. We got Michael Owen, Bebe and Antonio Valencia.

VanGaalyTime

I don't mind the likes of Pogba and Lukaku leaving since i believe their heart is not in it and above all manchester united is bigger than the players. But, its essential with the funds we actually sign top quality players.

We apparently have a budget of 200m and with sales of Lukaku and Pogba, that should increase to 400m.

Ddg

Thats 400m spent with a complete new midfield and considerable improvements in the forwards and defence. Furthermore, we can also skip signing Icardi and move Dybala up top and sign Neres or Ziyech which will take our spending to 385m.
We needed to spend 400 minimum this summer. With sales and of Pogba and Lukaku we'd need to spend 600.

manunited1919

But who needs trophies? Lingard is making amazing videos, Bean Bean Bean, with his sidekick Rashford. United’s social media will be challenging for World wide top spot this season. Everything is fine and dandy.

ForestRGoinUp

Ddg

Only 1 or 2 brits there so not happening.

In Rainbows

Spot on.

Pogba leaving is the first step towards excising the ghosts of our failed Galactico experiment.

Pogba was supposed to be a guaranteed starter and a talismanic player to lift the performances of those around him. He couldn't do that and, if anything, his lack of conviction had the opposite effect by instilling a culture of acceptable defeat. When the coolest kid in the classroom has more influence than the teacher and tells his classmates that it's cool to not care about failing, that attitude spreads.

Those bringing up Young and Jones miss the point. They're meant to be squad players who try their hardest and fill in for others when required. Pogba is meant to be the finished product. The former achieve the remit of their roles in the squad. Pogba doesn't. That's why they're assessed differently.

For all Jose's failings, he's still one of the most decorated managers in history. Whilst some of his ideas may no longer work, the vast majority obviously will still apply. And if he thought Pogba was part of the rot, it's worth considering that maybe he was right. I tend to believe that he may have been, given Pogba's obvious lack of effort at times in a United shirt.

I don't see this as a disaster by any stretch. I think it's the perfect opportunity to change the lack of winning culture with the dressing room.
You're excusing Jones and Young because Pogba is supposed to carry them? Once again they escape criticism even though they've been here for two other failed managers. I'm so tired of this idea that players need to be clearly better than the rest of the side. I want the entire side to be full of world class players or at least more than half like it used to be.

ForestRGoinUp

You're excusing Jones and Young because Pogba is supposed to carry them? Once again they escape criticism even though they've been here for two other failed managers. I'm so tired of this idea that players need to be clearly better than the rest of the side. I want the entire side to be full of world class players or at least more than half like it used to be.
More blind nationalism on the Caf at times than in politics.

Josep Dowling

Really looking forward to next year.

Pogba and de Gea will still be here, don't worry about them.

Big signings will arrive. If Wann Bisaka arrives and James can literally stand on the right wing and run at players we've improved our first team massively already.

No Jose either!
I admire your optimism.

Enigma_87

You know who
———-——-Oblak
Wan B—-Harry-Alderweild—Shaw
———-Rabiot—Matic
—————Dybala
Sancho—-Rashford—Martial

Even if we pay top rates
Oblak - 80
Wan - 60
Harry - 75
Alderweild - 25
Rabiot - free
Dybala - 90
Sancho - 90
Total - 420
Toby apparently doesn't want to move. Sancho as well, 90m is also low.

Keefy18

Yes but Barca are trying by getting the likes of Dembele, Griezmann etc. We got Michael Owen, Bebe and Antonio Valencia.
Yes and Real didn't replace Ronaldo last season at all to Juve! Then replaced him this summer finally after chasing Hazard for the last 2 years... hardly like for like, Hazard is drastically over rated.

Mate, that level for us is long gone with Ferguson. Deal with it! Stop pissing n moaning about transfers from a decade ago, as someone above suggested...go on holiday :lol:

Dante

Average bang
You're excusing Jones and Young because Pogba is supposed to carry them? Once again they escape criticism even though they've been here for two other failed managers.
I excuse anyone for trying their hardest and playing to their level. Those who don't put in the effort disrespect the badge.

Ultimately, players can't control their own quality. It's pointless to abuse them for that. They can, however, control their own attitude.

ForestRGoinUp

I excuse anyone for trying their hardest and playing to their level. Those who don't put in the effort disrespect the badge.

Ultimately, players can't control their own quality. It's pointless to abuse them for that. They can, however, control their own attitude.
Their quality or lack of is what’s letting this club down.

Mcking

Yes and Real didn't replace Ronaldo last season at all to Juve! Then replaced him this summer finally after chasing Hazard for the last 2 years... hardly like for like, Hazard is drastically over rated.

Mate, that level for us is long gone with Ferguson. Deal with it! Stop pissing n moaning about transfers from a decade ago, as someone above suggested...go on holiday :lol:
Hazard is as good as any player they would get to replace Ronaldo.

JoaquinJoaquin

Some of these people suggesting football manager style transfers need to get real. We are targeting the likes of fecking Langstaff and James. That's the level the club is at now. Sooner you see that, the better.

manunited1919

Let’s see:
  • Pogba, our record signing, wanting to leave.
  • Lukaku, our top scorer, wanting to leave
  • DDG won’t sign a contract.
  • Mata won’t sign a contract.
  • Rashford wants crazy money despite being dross over the second half of the season.
  • Lingard seems to be a guaranteed starter and we are increasing his wages.
  • Phil Jones and Ashley Young just got extended contracts.
  • Alexis is very comfortable.
  • We just signed a championship player to the first team because he is quick.
  • We seem to be adopting a Brexit strategy on the advice of same people who thought hiring Moyes was a great idea.
  • We have an inexperienced manager who may not have access to a badly needed hairdryer.
I don’t think knee jerk overload is the right phrase. We badly need some real talent and it just doesn’t look like it will happen.

Dante

Average bang
Pogba openly disrespects the club and he's the one that gets defended by seemingly the majority of caftards. Madness.

At least someone like De Gea has the good grace to do it in private.

Keefy18

Pogba openly disrespects the club and he's the one that gets defended by seemingly the majority of caftards. Madness.

At least someone like De Gea has the good grace to do it in private.

I've not seen anyone defend his comments in the last few hours?

As for De Gea, all depends really. He's being sly about it and dragging out the contract and refusing to sign, meaning the club can't make money back on him. We're in a situation where we have to pay him to leave to buy out his contract or let him leave for free.

Pogba's had the balls on him as shitty as it is to say I want a new challenge.

Dante

Average bang
I've not seen anyone defend his comments in the last few hours?

As for De Gea, all depends really. He's being sly about it and dragging out the contract and refusing to sign, meaning the club can't make money back on him. We're in a situation where we have to pay him to leave to buy out his contract or let him leave for free.

Pogba's had the balls on him as shitty as it is to say I want a new challenge.
Both Pogba and De Gea are free to pursue their own career interests. I don't begrudge them that. But Pogba talks about it on camera whilst still contracted to the club. De Gea doesn't.

That's the difference.

You're creating your own fictions about De Gea based on tabloid reports, suppositions and implications.

Whether the facts about their situations are identical or totally different, their conduct is certainly not the same.