We will never win the league with Bruno Fernandes in the team...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tigersam

Supports
Arsenal
He is a bit of a 'marmite' player isn't he? I wish he would enjoy playing for a top club and earning big money for doing it.

Tigersam

Supports
Arsenal
Terrible today - he shouldn't be the Captain, Casemiro should be.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Whatever your opinion of him he isnt a wide player. Its never worker with him out wide and it never will.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Mid term you wonder if he'll be in the plans, now we've started shifting him wide for bigger games.

Tigersam

Supports
Arsenal
Did he push a linesman - they said so on the radio, ban incoming ? and why was he not sent off?

Galactic

Incorrigible pest
He was not the reason we lost heavily today. He had a rubbish second half but so did everyone else.

United492

What do you mean? It was made 5 months ago and the OP never changed his opinion on Bruno.
Wasn't targeting the OP, however, the "revisionism" could be aimed at many posts and at any thread on this cafe atm. Pathetic at times.

Apologise if I've erred.

tomaldinho1

Structurally he makes us so much weaker but then he’s really not the sole issue. Wout tries hard but he’s awful, we’re knackered, we need an RB, we need a more proactive GK who will push our line up and we also needed a bit of luck.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Such a silly thread, his G/A since he arrived is amazing,
Amazing ? Last season he scored 4 league goals in the first game and scored another 6 all season. This season he’s scored 5 league goals. In 5279 mins that makes a goal every 351 minutes. If you take the outlier of 25% of his goals coming in one game it would be much worse.

Assists last season 6….this season 6. 12 assists in 5279 mins makes it an assist every 439 mins.

These figures are very far removed from ‘amazing’

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
He needs benching. Not been good for weeks and nowhere near where he was in his first season

Oscar Bonavena

Neville said on the sky commentary he was having a go at ETH for leaving him on the pitch, he wanted to come off. Scandalous if true.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Part of me thinks he should slowly be transitioned into one of our forward squad options. Hard to play dominant sexy football with him in ‘midfield’

Either way I’m not sure we should be turning him into this captain fantastic hero figure. Quality footballer but tactically he can be an issue. Much like DDG.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Part of me thinks he should slowly be transitioned into one of our forward options. Hard to play dominant sexy football with him in ‘midfield’
Think we should save one step and slowly transition him out of the XI, really. He won’t work much better in an attacking role because his flaws are still there - he’s just an inherently problematic player with his playstyle which will never change

Eleven-Eighteen

Last Sunday - Bruno my captain. This Sunday - Bruno is a liability. Come on Caf, we're better than this

amolbhatia50k

Think we should save one step and slowly transition him out of the XI, really. He won’t work much better in an attacking role because his flaws are still there - he’s just an inherently problematic player with his playstyle which will never change
I mean he can be class when he’s allowed time and space on the counter and he’s shown that this season again. But you look at the way City, peak Liverpool and now Arsenal move the ball and it’s hard to fathom Bruno being part of a team that does that with his lack of ball retention qualities

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I mean he can be class when he’s allowed time and space on the counter and he’s shown that this season again. But you look at the way City, peak Liverpool and now Arsenal move the ball and it’s hard to fathom Bruno being part of a team that does that with his lack of ball retention qualities
Yeah, I don’t disagree with that. In fact, neither does the @OP — the point is like you say there, you’re not winning league titles or being a dominant side when your main creative hub cannot play with ball retention or take control of a midfield game through wrangling and keeping a possession game going

Judas

Open to offers
More often than not the exact opposite of a big game player. So overly emotional, shits the bed when things aren’t going well and then goes around like an actual child. When he’s bad he’s truly appalling.

amolbhatia50k

Last Sunday - Bruno my captain. This Sunday - Bruno is a liability. Come on Caf, we're better than this
I never subscribe to this emotion my captain nonsense. It’s something Brit fans do and I don’t get it. This isn’t a Roy Keane or John Terry type figure.

Look he’s a fine player but he’s unsuited to a certain style of football and that’s a fairly common view. Similar to DDG who is an all time great keeper but kills us in our attempts to dominate teams as he can only lump it. That’s really the heart of the issue with these two - undeniably good footballers (in DDGs case a great footballer at least some years back) but the system and team comes first which is why people question them.

Tigersam

Supports
Arsenal
Ref wanted to help Liverpool...
Who was that West Ham player, scored a brilliant goal in the early days of the PL - volley with both feet off the ground - but was a bit of a hot-head (his name escapes me). He pushed a referee - what ban did he get, can anyone recall?

amolbhatia50k

Yeah, I don’t disagree with that. In fact, neither does the @OP — the point is like you say there, you’re not winning league titles or being a dominant side when your main creative hub cannot play with ball retention or take control of a midfield game through wrangling and keeping a possession game going
Yeah I probably agree. I mean Bruno in a great Chelsea team of the 2010s - I can see it. But in today’s age of pressing and the kind of teams that are winning big trophies can anyone really see them doing what they do with a Bruno type psuedo midfielder as their heart beat ? I don’t think so.

Judas

Open to offers
I’ve said before ETH took over, long term I don’t see how Bruno sticks around in our starting lineup. He’s far too wasteful and poor with the ball with his decision making for Ten Hag to put up. Maybe I’ll end up being wrong, hopefully I am and Bruno and the manager make it work.

Walters_19_MuFc

Bruno played out of position for most of the game. Don't see Arteta or Pep playing Odegaard or De Bruyne out of position. That's not a dig at ten Hag, and maybe he's played out of position because he's 1) versatile 2) not trusted to play there in certain games but I do think if we get the balance right, Bruno can certainly be part of a title winning side.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Who was that West Ham player, scored a brilliant goal in the early days of the PL - volley with both feet off the ground - but was a bit of a hot-head (his name escapes me). He pushed a referee - what ban did he get, can anyone recall?
Paolo di Canio. Pretty sure he got 11 games if I remember it right. He was a Sheffield Wednesday player at the time.

Tigersam

Supports
Arsenal
Paolo di Canio. Pretty sure he got 11 games if I remember it right. He was a Sheffield Wednesday player at the time.
Thank you, I remember the ref sort of stumbled and fell (like a clown - or LvG!) I shall see if its on youtube. Wow 11 match ban, that would take Bruno to basically the end of the season.

Its bad!

Nori-

Give it a break. The guy averages a goal or an assist every single game. Our most consistent player since Fergie.

Every time we have a bad result or someone doesn't like his body language, he's public enemy number 1 again.

Status
Not open for further replies.