Weekend Football

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Am I the only one a bit worried? That's a fecking massive result, and will make them so much more confident. Obviously it means nothing for this year, but in the long run they've got some top quality players and could be challenging for the title again with the manager they have.

Team Brian GB

Baby Cameron loves X-Factor
Supports
Chelsea
In other news as it is a Sunday night the last train leaving London for the North West is probably departing as we speak.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
Am I the only one a bit worried? That's a fecking massive result, and will make them so much more confident. Obviously it means nothing for this year, but in the long run they've got some top quality players and could be challenging for the title again with the manager they have.
:lol:

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
Kuyt speaks considerably better English than Steven Gerrard. Downside is he doesn't look plausibly Human.

this'll buy dalglish another couple of years there.

feck it, let him stay for life. the complete collapse under him has been hilarious, hope it carries on.
Don't let facts stand in the way of a good myth eh?

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Comedy post of the year. :lol:

Ash_G

How the feck can Gerrard walk about like he was the talisman behind the team's success. He was shit throughout the match.
Yep, another great demonstration of how he's not a great central midfielder. He's had some great games for pool over the years where he's genuinely been dragging them through but he's had so many average games where he gets all the credit so undeservedly.

Hitchcocker

Is there another match in another league going on that just ended?

RonaldoVII

am i the only one a bit worried? That's a fecking massive result, and will make them so much more confident. Obviously it means nothing for this year, but in the long run they've got some top quality players and could be challenging for the title again with the manager they have.
How far behind was your Arsenal stream?!

Hectic

Supports
30fps
That's like a knee jerk reaction so violent your whole body ripped apart, and now you lay there, lifeless, spasming on the floor.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Watch how this laughable win becomes transformed into an epic victory...
:lol: Yep it's ridiculous.

Can tell you've spent too much time on RAWK.

rcoobc

In other news as it is a Sunday night the last train leaving London for the North West is probably departing as we speak.
Yeah it is a bid ridiculous playing it on a Sunday.

Aside from tradition, is there any reason not to play it at 8pm on a Saturday? Fits in with the floodlights theme the league cup has.

DLE

Alternative for Docklands Light Rail

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Is there another match in another league going on that just ended?
:(

My plan was for someone to say something like "Are you being serious, Liverpool are shit"

Then I'd come back with

"Liverpool? I was on about the Arsenal game, who gives a shit about that shite trophy"

Alas, I was literally throwing all my eggs in one basket hoping someone would respond how I wanted.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Liverpool are the luckiest bunch of fecking gypsies on the planet

Cardiff should have had those peno's in the bag after Heaton gave them that start

oh well, at least one Gerrard will be crying in his pint tonight

Hectic

Supports
30fps
Dalglish is walking around in what looks like a state of euphoria.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Well they have won trophies before, League Cup 2001, 2003 and today and the F.A. Cup in 2001 and 2006. They still haven't won a league title. For us it led to bigger and better things not Liverpool.

MUFCgal

All seriousness though. This ends their recent trophy drought and can be a springboard to the bigger trophies. Arsenal would kill for a Carling Cup right now.
They won't win the league anytime soon, and they sure as well won't win the CL (if they can even get back into it!).

They may win the FA Cup, but I think that's about it.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
Put Carragher in his fecking cage!

I do genuinely believe he has a cage, and they put him in it straight after each match.

rcoobc

Liverpool are the luckiest bunch of fecking gypsies on the planet

Cardiff should have had those peno's in the bag after Heaton gave them that start

oh well, at least one Gerrard will be crying in his pint tonight
Bit harsh associating one cousin with another. Feelings of hate towards a relative is something we have had a go at another team for :p

I know your joking though, tough results for cardiff. Would have been fantastic if they had completed the job. Don't particularly like the club, but compared to Liverpool they are angels.

Team Brian GB

Supports
Chelsea
Fowler looks exactly the same as he did a couple of hours ago.

NewDawnFades

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
in all seriousness, the scouse might as well celebrate this, because they're going nowhere fast.

Without a win here they wouldn't have gotten Europe at all this year probably. They're a team with a Champions League level wage bill and transfer budget who are not getting there anytime soon. They have had a season without any massive injury problems and have no European cups to distract them, and they're still 7th, 7 points off both teams in the running for fourth. Players like Bellamy and Gerrard, Kuyt and Maxi are some of their better attacking players, and are all coming to the end of their careers, and how long can Reina and others stay there when there's no CL on offer.

They are a club in terminal decline as I see it. Maybe shrewd transfer dealings could get them out, but there's nothing to suggest from this woeful management team they can get there. So celebrate all you want, you glorified cup team.

Team Brian GB

Supports
Chelsea
Here we go, Gerrard referring to Reina as 'the best keeper in the world'.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
They won't win the league anytime soon, and they sure as well won't win the CL (if they can even get back into it!).

They may win the FA Cup, but I think that's about it.
As long as it's not this year. That would be too much to take. Now hope Arsenal or Chelsea get that 4th place. Anyone but Liverpool.

Adzzz

Astrophysical Genius - Hard for Grinner
Staff
Imagine the size of the victory bargain bucket Adam is going to buy.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
He wanted to say this is a fecking great save, but Shearer saved him.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Here we go, Gerrard referring to Reina as 'the best keeper in the world'.
He's certainly better than the 7th best team in England. And he knows it. In the summer without CL football again, how many players will wait for another year in their career without performing on the biggest stage?

Neo_Mufc

Carragher Skyrtel & Adam :lol:

Hansons tongues a bit more loose now. Was rather tight mouthed before when it was 2-2.