Weekend Football

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
As long as it's not this year. That would be too much to take. Now hope Arsenal or Chelsea get that 4th place. Anyone but Liverpool.
They've got to hope that Arsenal/Chelsea drop 7 points each, and they can gain that amount. If it was 1 team, maybe they could do it. Both, they've got no chance.

Adzzz

Astrophysical Genius - Hard for Grinner
Staff
That's why he missed the penalty. When he turns his head too fast he thinks of fried chicken.
Gerrard said he changed his mind half way through -

he was thinking "Fillet tower meal?" then it hit him "Deluxe Bargain bucket with 2 bottles of pepsi."

Neo_Mufc

Liverpool are a long way from winning the league and CL. As long as they're out of those competitions they can win this every year.

Team Brian GB

Baby Cameron loves X-Factor
Supports
Chelsea
Fair play to him, it is the night of Alastair's life.

Living the dream.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
Gerrard said he changed his mind half way through -

he was thinking "Fillet tower meal?" then it hit him "Deluxe Bargain bucket with 2 bottles of pepsi."
Adam was working how much chicken his penalty goal bonus would get him. Obviously he was devastated after the miss.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
They won't win the league anytime soon, and they sure as well won't win the CL (if they can even get back into it!).

They may win the FA Cup, but I think that's about it.
I agree. Liverpool have got a good chance of winning the FA Cup this year too (or at least make the final) but I can't see them winning the league or CL in the next few years.

He's certainly better than the 7th best team in England. And he knows it. In the summer without CL football again, how many players will wait for another year in their career without performing on the biggest stage?
You've got a point. Where would he go if he did leave Liverpool? Most teams in the Champions League have already got keepers they're happy with. I suppose Spurs is a possibility but Liverpool wouldn't sell to them. I think he's settled there now and though he'd like to play in the Champions League again he knows that most top teams have already got keepers they're happy with.

Adzzz

Staff
It would have been a lot of Chicken, but Adam could have handled it.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Congratulations to Liverpool FC. A deserved win.

I hope this trophy win can inspire them cant become a proper footballing club again as opposed to the joke they became this season.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
After all the money they wasted on transfers they can't afford a bus, only a motorbike & sidecar.

Adzzz

Staff
Also, Skrtel believes travel in combustion-devil-machines as he calls them is against his human rights. He has no concept of travel beyond his own two feet and his collection of Mules.

Team Brian GB

Baby Cameron loves X-Factor
Supports
Chelsea
Also, Skrtel believes travel in combustion-devil-machines as he calls them is against his human rights. He has no concept of travel beyond his own two feet and his collection of Mules.
This is how Skrtel's dad travels:

Duffy

Who needs races when you're racist?
...and...now that the pool of the great liver bird has won the cup, that is made up of those teams that occupy the league of England, we must claim our throne as masters of the English game!

For we, the team from the Mersey have claimed the English league cup by beating the great English war...Welsh...warriors of Cardiff.

Because when we and Cardiff met of that hill between us, we ran up that hill like the great Kate Bush! Because we are Liverpool! The victims! Running up that hill...to the league cup! To next year!!!!!

:lol:

Oh give over you scour bastards, oh how lucky I am to be a United fan!

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
...and...now that the pool of the great liver bird has won the cup, that is made up of those teams that occupy the league of England, we must claim our throne as masters of the English game!

For we, the team from the Mersey have claimed the English league cup by beating the great English war...Welsh...warriors of Cardiff.

Because when we and Cardiff met of that hill between us, we ran up that hill like the great Kate Bush! Because we are Liverpool! The victims! Running up that hill...to the league cup! To next year!!!!!
:lol:

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
Gerrard has also talked about each year being Liverpool's.

So I wouldn't listen to a word he says.
Preaching to the choir, I do not get the Caf's fascination with Reina whatsoever.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
The last time Liverpool had an open top bus celebration, Cliff Richard was the driver.