Welcome to the new XenForo 2 site

Dante

Average bang
The user info box on the left side of each post could do with being a darker grey. I thought the old vBulletin style had a better contrast to it, personally.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Personally I preferred how the sidebar headers and quotes looked before as they now look like something from years ago (dated) but think the caf in general will probably prefer them how they are now due to them basically being like on Xenforo 1 and the vBulletin days.

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout
Personally I preferred how the sidebar headers and quotes looked before as they now look like something from years ago (dated) but think the caf in general will probably prefer them how they are now due to them basically being like on Xenforo 1 and the vBulletin days.
Yeah I agree tbh. It kinda makes me think of vBulletin 3 now.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Looking much better now Niall. Obviously this computer stuff just involved you typing the word "fix" into some sort of console so I won't praise you for it.

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout
Is there anyway to make the default Xenforo 2 skin available (the one used on the official Xenforo forum)? Not as default of course but as a user selectable option? That way those old fogies that prefer the more traditional look can have their way with this one or whatever, but if anyone wants to use the newer look they can?

DoomSlayer

Awesome work. People should give Niall a rest, 1 man doing all of this is too much so take your time in making these adjustments.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
The spacing on the front page is still off.

EDIT: On mobile I should add.

Last edited:

Damien

Staff
I can't remember if you could see who was online in conversations, but in case you could, moving the online symbol to the red bar thing means it doesn't show up in conversations as there isn't one there. If you couldn't see who was online in conversations then ignore the previous.

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
I can't remember if you could see who was online in conversations, but in case you could, moving the online symbol to the red bar thing means it doesn't show up in conversations as there isn't one there. If you couldn't see who was online in conversations then ignore the previous.
I can't remember either if it was there but I've just added it to convos.

17Larsson

Not a malefactor just a lagomorph
Thread lists are much easier to see which ones are read or not now that they are all the same colour. I'm starting to warm to the new look now

Dante

Average bang
I love the 'New' tag on new unread posts.

The black forum headers are nice, but clash with the black 'Forum statistics', 'Members online' and 'Staff online' headers, imo

Damien

Staff
I can't remember either if it was there but I've just added it to convos.

Do you have any idea how come I'm getting an error in the match thread?

And then for UI improvements there's still the replace 'Members Online' that you follow's avatars with names, and the name of who was the last person to reply to a conversation message in the conversation dropdown next to the last reply date/time. Thanks for all the changes you've done today. People have had a lot of suggestions and you've tried to sort things out as swiftly as possible.

mu4c_20le

I liked the minimalistic style before the latest changes, but now it looks like a modernized version of the old forum. Really nice

el3mel

Is there anyway to remove the red background of the match day threads ? Looks atrocious on PC, I just noticed.

The button to show ignored contents for example is barely visible here thanks to it.

I also noticed that I can't copy images directly, need to copy the link and add it manually, is this a technical problem ?

Damien

Staff
Is there anyway to remove the red background of the match day threads ? Looks atrocious on PC, I just noticed.

The button to show ignored contents for example is barely visible here thanks to it.

I also noticed that I can't copy images directly, need to copy the link and add it manually, is this a technical problem ?
Red background is due to something not loading so the error page is loading in the background. Don't know what it is but I imagine it'll be gone when Niall is aware of it. I'm sure it isn't intentional anyway.

el3mel

Red background is due to something not loading so the error page is loading in the background. Don't know what it is but I imagine it'll be gone when Niall is aware of it. I'm sure it isn't intentional anyway.
Thanks! Hopefully it'll be fixed soon.

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
Match thread is looking healthier now @el3mel @Damien. A complete technical glitch. I still need to tweak a few other visual things on that page, but they can wait.

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
Thanks Niall. Also a slight thing, for Threadmarks there's a red border to the left and right which looks out of place. You can see an example on this link
Urgh, threadmarks look awful. I need to address that. The pie looks nice though :lol:

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
Wow great job! Hopefully we're not a big burden on you with all these requests. :D
There's lots more to do but getting there. This was all expected. A major update always produces a crazy number of snags. Plus you lot are a picky and pedantic bunch :p

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
Right I'm done for the day. I'm sleep deprived and haven't showered since Thursday! :nervous:

Keep sending your feedback / snags.

Good night...