Well done Liverpool

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Downing can play as a false 9 like Messi does for Barca. He's made for the role.

Crustanoid

So far on the four signings of shite (Carroll, Henderson, Downing and Adam), how much have they lost?

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
So far on the four signings of shite (Carroll, Henderson, Downing and Adam), how much have they lost?
I sometimes wonder if King Kenny is a United fan after all.

ciderman9000000

I had this conversation with my mate Ben, a Liverpool fan last night. What the feck was Kenny Dalglish playing at? The man's an absolute moron signing the shite he did for the prices he paid, I can't get my head around it; how can a manager act like such an absolute moron in the transfer market?

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
Ah, but who says he was acting cider?

Anyway, I wouldn't laugh too soon, they still have the option of signing Owen.

mightberight

I had this conversation with my mate Ben, a Liverpool fan last night. What the feck was Kenny Dalglish playing at? The man's an absolute moron signing the shite he did for the prices he paid, I can't get my head around it; how can a manager act like such an absolute moron in the transfer market?
Don't forget Comolli.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Dalglish's has been out from the game for too long. The EPL had evolved greatly in the past years and the pool of players that can actually do well in the EPL had gone bigger. Spending nearly all the dosh on overpriced EPL based players is pure madness.

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
Wow and to believe Benitez gets so much stick around here, at least back then they were near the top of the league and had decent players. The Liverpool of today is a total shambles.

Sally Cinnamon

Wow and to believe Benitez gets so much stick around here, at least back then they were near the top of the league and had decent players. The Liverpool of today is a total shambles.
They had a good side in 08/09 and that was there chance to win the league. The next year Rafa guided them to 7th. Their downfall began under Rafa. Kenny took it to hilarious (but in some cases sad), unimaginable heights (or lows), both on and off the pitch.

lysglimt

Scout
I think Liverpool have a good defence, a good central midfield but shocking wingers and two strikers, neither of which are natural goalscorers. Absolutely zero chance of CL football next year.
They have 6-7 very good first-team players...but no backup for them

kietotheworld

I agree that Benitez gets too much stick on here, but he's at least partially responsible for their downfall. He pissed off Alonso in 2008 by trying to get rid of him for Gareth Barry, Alonso walked a year later after a brilliant season, Benitez replaced him with a crock in Aquilani, they were knocked out of the CL in the group stage and finished 7th.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
They have 6-7 very good first-team players...but no backup for them
If that includes Reina and maybe even gerrard I would say its even less. Even the like of Skrtel,Agger,Lucas,Johnson are over hyped.

lysglimt

Scout
If that includes Reina and maybe even gerrard I would say its even less. Even the like of Skrtel,Agger,Lucas,Johnson are over hyped.
Not saying they are world-class but they are very good...

alastair

ignorant
I was ridiculed for ages on here for defending Benitez. I said at the time that he was a better manager than anyone they would try and replace him with. There's no real point to this post, I merely want to highlight that I'm occasionally right about things.

Liam147

On Probation
Benitez's transfer policy was even worse. He just bought utter dross. At least Liverpool have saved money on these wages, and can properly strengthen next season with the money they've saved. Put it this way, will Liverpool get European football next season? Yes. Would they had they kept Carroll and co? Yes.

It's not as bad as they're making out.

1999united2008

I like how they were hyping up Borini lol, a player who couldn't cut it at Chelsea and only scored 9 goals in Serie A...

£10m for him is a waste as well so looks like Rodgers is little better.

MichaelS

I was ridiculed for ages on here for defending Benitez. I said at the time that he was a better manager than anyone they would try and replace him with. There's no real point to this post, I merely want to highlight that I'm occasionally right about things.
TBH it doesn't take much to perform better than Hodgsson and Dalglish have done recently for the Dippers

Vato

Supports
Real Madrid
Benitez's transfer policy was even worse. He just bought utter dross. At least Liverpool have saved money on these wages, and can properly strengthen next season with the money they've saved. Put it this way, will Liverpool get European football next season? Yes. Would they had they kept Carroll and co? Yes.

It's not as bad as they're making out.
How can you even say that knowing he brought in players like Alonso, Torres, Mascherano, Arbeloa, Pepe Reina, Skrtel, Agger to name a few.

Agreed he's bought some dreadful players too but which manager doesn't? Let's take Morientes for example. Benitez gets slated for him being a flop in England which is a bit of a joke really. I know for certain most teams would have creamed themselves if they would have signed him after his impressive passage at Monaco. That is the beauty of hindsight.

If you can't see the difference in class they had back then compared to what they have now... Their team is a shambles and I don't see them ending in the top 7 this season. Benitez isn't as bad a coach as he is made out to be here. It's just because of his little written rant against Ferguson that most can't stomach him, that's all.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
@vato: the list of dreadful players Benitez (in terms of numbers) more than compensates the few good he brought.We're talking about some absolutely terrible footballers back then

prateik

Kenny messed up so bad that he is making Benitez look alright in hindsight..
that takes some doing.

An Irish Red

How can you even say that knowing he brought in players like Alonso, Torres, Mascherano, Arbeloa, Pepe Reina, Skrtel, Agger to name a few.
Kenny Dalglish was there a year or so and got two in (Suarez and Enrique). It's not that hard to have a few hits when you spend three hundred million gross, or whatever it was that the fatman spent.

The waiter spent more money than Fergie did over the same period of time and didn't achieve half the success.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout

Manager Brendan Rodgers welcomes Liverpool's latest signing

Vato

Supports
Real Madrid
Kenny Dalglish was there a year or so and got two in (Suarez and Enrique). It's not that hard to have a few hits when you spend three hundred million gross, or whatever it was that the fatman spent.

The waiter spent more money than Fergie did over the same period of time and didn't achieve half the success.
With the only difference that you've already had a succesful team and Liverpool didn't come close to winning it for the past two decades.