Wenger: the man, the mystery

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
1 trophy in 9 years sounds mad for a club like them. That guarantees him another 4-5years!

What a shame for Hull, to be 2-0 up so early, clearly too early, and lose. Shame.

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
1 trophy in 9 years sounds mad for a club like them. That guarantees him another 4-5years!

What a shame for Hull, to be 2-0 up so early, clearly too early, and lose. Shame.

Does 8 in 18 sound better?

Must be nice for Arsene to give a big 'feck you' to all of those pundits and wankers who said he was finished. This has been an excellent season.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
I'm happy that they managed to finally get a trophy. That trophy will probably buy him a few more years there as well.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
Yeah I'm also happy for him actually. I wouldn't mind if Arsenal came back to be a league challenger and a proper rival to us (so obviously we'd have to become league challengers as well :D), the days of rivalry with them were the best.

Thisistheone

Pleased for Wenger as well. Special manager who hopefully stays for a few years yet. Maybe it's because he played a big part in Fergie's career but I've always liked him.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Aye, nothing against old Arsene these days. He's an institution now, as they say - bit of a Fergie light (no offense intended).

And he's not miles off a title challenge. He's an odd one, though. I'm not sure he'll get the right player(s) in this summer.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I think it says it all that people aren't too fussed at Arsenal picking up a cup.

That should be quite a worry to Arsenal fans!!

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
Yeah I'm also happy for him actually. I wouldn't mind if Arsenal came back to be a league challenger and a proper rival to us (so obviously we'd have to become league challengers as well :D), the days of rivalry with them were the best.
Those days were great and our matches were really really intense every time, with cnuts on both sides to make it even better.

But as Sandikan said, it's a bit worrying that people don't deslikes us as much now, clubs that are winning are always desliked.

Gannicus

I'm happy to see Arsenal finally pick up a trophy.

Looking into the barrel of the shotgun I see only two serious rivals for the prem trophy, City and Chelsea. Liverpool just had their all in season but I don't see them putting it together again the next season or two. As for Arsenal, there's something about Wenger that seems to go tits up for 2-3 months a season. They'll be close at the end but it's been ages since they were in serious contention for the league trophy in mid April.

The standard by which we are going to be measured will be set by City and Chelsea, not Arsenal.